Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default E-One Replacement Compartment Door


    Had one of my drivers drive out with a compartment door open, snagged it on the building....

    Bent up 2 garage/bay doors and trashed a 29"x49" compartment door on the engine.

    We are able to repair the building damage with minimal cost but am not sure how to go about replacing the compartment door.

    Any suggestions...


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Call E one with serial number of truck they should have blueprint on file for what size door and order one.

  3. #3
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Stupid me, I did the same thing when our truck was very new. Manufacturer sent a perfect fit, as noted above.

    Wasn't cheap. Took a while to live that one down.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  4. #4
    Forum Member islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,535

    Talking

    Hence the reason to buy roll ups. :-]

    I think that at one time everyone with hinged doors has done the same thing.
    Had a nearby dept do that and took out the center masonry pillar between the bays. Dropped both doors on top of the trucks.

    Other wise do what dashman suggested call E-one and your insurance company.

  5. #5
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    E-Ones work with SO (shop order) numbers, so you will need that more than the serial number for a replacement door.

    As islandfire03 said, next time spec what doesn't hit buildings, ROM roll-up doors. hehe

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  6. #6
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    FireMech, didn't this thread remind you of discussion we had recently about this very subject?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    So of Can. / N. of Mexico
    Posts
    866

    Default

    I thought that's what the big red light in the center of the dash overhead was for?

    E-One can supply a replacement door with either the SO number or the VIN number. Both on the label on the drivers door post.

  8. #8
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    FireMech, didn't this thread remind you of discussion we had recently about this very subject?
    Yeah, I had to chuckle alittle bit when I read the OP's post. Wondering where the Pro-hinged, anti-ROM door guys are???

    Well...... I'm waiting.......

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Yeah, I had to chuckle alittle bit when I read the OP's post. Wondering where the Pro-hinged, anti-ROM door guys are???

    Well...... I'm waiting.......

    FM1
    Indianapolis, right now. Back to OMA tomorrow night, and right on to Carroll, Ia. Thanks again for a super get-together, short as it was.

  10. #10
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Indianapolis, right now. Back to OMA tomorrow night, and right on to Carroll, Ia. Thanks again for a super get-together, short as it was.
    Why would they go there??? Obviously they don't learn anything there.

    Got with some "people" today. I won't have any more problems with Central. hehe

    Even though your visit was short, I hope you enjoyed yourself, as I did.

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber BULL321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    3,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackett66 View Post

    Had one of my drivers drive out with a compartment door open, snagged it on the building....

    Bent up 2 garage/bay doors and trashed a 29"x49" compartment door on the engine.

    We are able to repair the building damage with minimal cost but am not sure how to go about replacing the compartment door.

    Any suggestions...
    Be ready to "pay through the nose". We had a door on our tanker get hit by MA Dept. couple of years back and it was not a "cheap" fix. E-One does great work but they are awful proud of their product!
    Stay Safe
    Bull


    “Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

    Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bryn Athyn, Pa.
    Posts
    1,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Why would they go there??? Obviously they don't learn anything there.

    Got with some "people" today. I won't have any more problems with Central. hehe

    Even though your visit was short, I hope you enjoyed yourself, as I did.

    FM1
    Sorry, I didn't say it more clearly. You asked where the people who like swing doors were. I answered with where one of them was (me).

  13. #13
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't say it more clearly. You asked where the people who like swing doors were. I answered with where one of them was (me).
    And now it comes full circle. LOL

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  14. #14
    MembersZone Subscriber npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donethat View Post
    I thought that's what the big red light in the center of the dash overhead was for?

    E-One can supply a replacement door with either the SO number or the VIN number. Both on the label on the drivers door post.
    I just climbed into another of my department's engines to swap thermal imagers for service, and noticed the red lens and light bulb for their compartment open light sitting on the doghouse...

    At least it has roll-ups...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Popping a door.
    By firefighterox in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:08 PM
  2. Vent Control at Entry Door - 'SNATCH RESCUE'
    By PaulGRIMWOOD in forum Fireground Tactics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 07:55 PM
  3. Help with B-Post drop down problem
    By etaylor in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-01-2002, 06:49 PM
  4. The Crushed Third Door
    By rmoore in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-27-2002, 07:03 PM
  5. Civilian Fire Fatalities
    By DCFF in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-08-2002, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts