I am a Firefighter in San Bernardino County. This June I am running in a marathon to raise funds and awareness for Blood Cancer Treatment and Research. I have to raise a certain amount of money, 2,200 bucks for the cause to compete. I am putting it out there for help.

I am also doing something special. The LLS. and "Team in Training" people are letting me run for a person with a different form of cancer.

My first Engineer when I was an explorer and PCF was Ron "Ronbo" Reed. A couple years ago he was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma, and since has had to medically retire from the department. He was always a mentor and inspiration to me and to return the favor, I am running the full 26.2 miles in his honor. I have already told him about it and he is very excited.

I am not asking for thousands of dollars from everyone, I am just asking if there is anything you can spare to help me out. Over 75% of money raised go straight to Cancer research, every donation receives a receipt that can be written off in taxes.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read all of this and consider helping a brother out!

And if you too would like to participate in the running, hiking, and/or triathalon events there is still time to join!

Here is my website where you can donate and receive any other information you need. You can also PM me and I will reply ASAP.

Thanks again.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ocie/rnr11/tsharpewuw