Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    Its the DASH CF Chassis.....you gotta give it to them, their marketing is tops! Interesting to see what it offers. Saying larger windshield, engine moved back and lowered and seatc moved inwards for more front cab room.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...294476&theater

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...040527&theater
    I think they didnt really move the seats inward. they made the cab wider, to i believe 101 or 102"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    Its the DASH CF Chassis.....you gotta give it to them, their marketing is tops! Interesting to see what it offers. Saying larger windshield, engine moved back and lowered and seatc moved inwards for more front cab room.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...294476&theater

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...040527&theater
    To me, the only REAL CF had a bulldog on the front of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffp20 View Post
    Was then, is now, always will be!

How dare they?!!
    Last edited by chiefengineer11; 03-24-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Forum Member

Talking

So, Pierce invented the "CF" now? Whats next???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmcatee1 View Post
    So, Pierce invented the "CF" now? Whats next???
    maybe they'll invent a red bulldog with LED's for eyes for the front

Forum Member

maybe they'll invent a red bulldog with LED's for eyes for the front
    lol....that would actually be kind of cool! Mount it right above the Roto-Ray!

Forum Member

I think they didnt really move the seats inward. they made the cab wider, to i believe 101 or 102"
    From their press release:

"Useable Space

The open interior layout offers all occupants a full view to enhance en route communication as well as enhanced outward visibility. The driver and officer seats are positioned farther inboard, providing far greater shoulder, elbow and hip room; and the flat floor offers an increased amount of space to stow turnout gear up front.
    The redesigned real estate between the driver and officer (along with a flat floor and no engine tunnel) offers more room and an uncluttered “workstation” space for the officer. The greatly enhanced officer area includes easy to reach mobile data terminal (MDT) power points."

With a flat floorboard and no engine tunnel they could easily move the driver's seat inboard a few inches.

Anyone got any pictures they can post?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    I have said this before:

I must say it always makes me shake my head when I meet people in Detroit or O'Hare on thier way to Appleton or Clintonville. These brothers and sisters are wearing their brand new P or S hats and shirts. I shake my head in awe and I am jealous of the machine that can instill such vigor in a person. Vigor that blinds them to the facts 1 We buy the same type engines they do, 2 We buy the same type pumps they do, and 3 we use the same metals that they do. Vigor that blinds to the fact that there are other people who build a vehicle just as good and in some cases(perish the thought) better than they can.
    What he said, plus something I have said before, and will say again......It's the folks who think that Pierce is the second coming of Christ that makes Pierce bashing so much fun.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Let's talk fire trucks!

No, its a 96" cab like the Arrow XT. I took a bunch of photos today, I'll post them later tonight. I'll say this, the room the officer has is incredible, and the seats being moved towards the center make putting on SCBA and seatbelts much easier.

Oh, and the grill is for show only.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

One advantage of a flat floor in rear is everyone in back can enter / exit out one side. I don't think the officer or driver will exit out one side.

Forum Member

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    One advantage of a flat floor in rear is everyone in back can enter / exit out one side. I don't think the officer or driver will exit out one side.
    If the crew in the rear of the cab are all going to exit out of the same door two of them will be climbing over the doghouse to get to the other side. The doghouse splits the rear of the cab.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    Yes, but we did it for decades before the engine was pushed forward. In addition, I've seen a number of departments that are putting cabinetry in the rear of the cabs, which is splitting it like a engine tunnel anyway, so for some departments, this is a moot point.

I asked the Pierce rep about how they'd handle it when customers didn't like the idea that the members in the rear couldn't exit out of both sides of the cab, and they said that had several other cabs to choose from if the department felt like that was a priority for them.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Default Riddle me this...

For the Pierce haters,
    Explain this to me...if the apparatus is spec'd out to the customers/departments saticfaction, then why do you have such hate towards Pierce? Isn't all that matters that the equipment works, makes the job easier, and provides firefighter safety? Everyone has their favorite...Pierce, Seagrave, Eone, Ferrara, ALF, etc, etc, etc,....

I went through the RFI/RFP process. If you write an unbiassed spec, and are looking out for the best interest of your department and members, you will get the best product at the best price.

Rather then continue to chastize a manufacturer, why don't we look at the positives they provide the fire service and firefighters. Because whether you like it or not, if they were providing a crap product, they still wouldn't be in service.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Random observation from the floor:

Joining the Pierce PUC, Ferrara MVP, and Crimson Transformer in...let's call it the "alternative pump location" line are the eMAX from E-One and the PRO from KME.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctt447 View Post
    For the Pierce haters,
    Explain this to me...if the apparatus is spec'd out to the customers/departments saticfaction, then why do you have such hate towards Pierce? Isn't all that matters that the equipment works, makes the job easier, and provides firefighter safety? Everyone has their favorite...Pierce, Seagrave, Eone, Ferrara, ALF, etc, etc, etc,....

I went through the RFI/RFP process. If you write an unbiassed spec, and are looking out for the best interest of your department and members, you will get the best product at the best price.

Rather then continue to chastize a manufacturer, why don't we look at the positives they provide the fire service and firefighters. Because whether you like it or not, if they were providing a crap product, they still wouldn't be in service.
    Spec...smeck....

How about the way the POS's are built??? Take a Quantum, and tell me how long it would take you to replace an alternator on a DD60??? 2-3 hours and a few choice words. Anybody else, is about an hour. How about the air filter??? Quantum...2 hours and a few more choice words. Everybody else, 15-30 minutes. Have a broken headlight assembly.... $600-800 and a couple more hours, and new choice words. Just about everybody else with dual headlights... $200 and a smile, 'cause it took you 30 minutes. Hell, just changing the 9004 headlight bulb sucks azz to do on a Quantum.

I've got a good mix of manufacturers that we run. The only time I cry, cringe, or wish I called in sick, is when I see a Quantum sitting in the bay, that wasn't there when I left the night before.

FYI.. we didn't spec or buy them. We adopted them through annexation. Stupid Mayor!!!!

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Oh, and the grill is for show only.
    Seriously? That would be nice -make it look like the old Arrows then.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJoe7197 View Post
    Seriously? That would be nice -make it look like the old Arrows then.
    Yes, a grill-less version had been mocked up, but hasn't been released yet.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    I've got a good mix of manufacturers that we run. The only time I cry, cringe, or wish I called in sick, is when I see a Quantum sitting in the bay, that wasn't there when I left the night before.
    Want to do an internship with our mechanics? We have 30 Quantums.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Talking

Bet there's a bunch of sticky sheets in Priecedom this morning.

:-}

Forum Member

Default Unveiling

Piece should get an award for most unimpressive unveiling at FDIC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by InIttowinit View Post
    Piece should get an award for most unimpressive unveiling at FDIC
    Whoever at Pierce that decided to call it the "CF" should be kicked in the balls repeatedly until they spit blood.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whoever at Pierce that decided to call it the "CF" should be kicked in the balls repeatedly until they spit blood.
    Damn! OUCH!

I agree!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Can't type today.
    Last edited by ctxffman; 03-25-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: can't type.

Forum Member

The next thing you know...Pierce will claim credit for inventing the letters "C" and "F"
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

So what exactly did pierce do? Give us a bench seat up front and have the engine tunnel split the rear? Or did they go Hush style and have a completely open cab? Neither of these things are new.

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but what exactly does CF mean? I've always heard mack CF but never knew what those two letters meant.

Thread Information