+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
  1. #126
    Forum Member
    IronsMan53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter807 View Post
    I agree.

    I see nothing has changed.

    Back to enjoying retirement!
    This from the guy whose posts initiated the Pierce backlash. Are you proud of your work?
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

    One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

  2. #127
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I am personally offended that you didn't mention HME Ahrens Fox Fire Apparatus.
    ok ok ok ok ok ok........HME Ahrens Fox apparatus sucks. Now don't hit me with your purse.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  3. #128
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA/ Home of Lake Effect Snow
    Posts
    314

    Default

    So I got a chance to look at the "new" CF chassis this weekend in Harrisburg, and I have to say that I'm a bit confused as to the real purpose of bringing the motor rearward.

    It appears to me that once you load the front of the cab with a storage unit for all the needed accessories we carry, (map books, computer, TIC, radios, etc.), you're going to loose a lot of the room that you supposedly gain. You're going to need some type of raised workstation to make up for not storing things on the doghouse. Moving the 2 seats inward was nice, but the lower mounted switches seem to take the driver's eyes away from the road more.

    I guess that I don't really have an issue with the way that we were able to set up the cab on our new rig, but there is a large surface to mount major accessories on that is accessible to both the front and back of the rig on top of the main AC unit. If you want that kind of storage in the back you could simulate the engine tunnel with a storage unit and move the seats to the configuration similar to the CF.

  4. #129
    Forum Member
    FiremanLyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    So I got a chance to look at the "new" CF chassis this weekend in Harrisburg...
    Is the Fire Expo back in town? God, what a great time if you liked to watch people. Dave Houseal's rendition on the typical wacker and his wife is fabulous.
    ~Drew
    Firefighter/EMT/Technical Rescue
    USAR TF Rescue Specialist

  5. #130
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLyman View Post
    Is the Fire Expo back in town? God, what a great time if you liked to watch people. Dave Houseal's rendition on the typical wacker and his wife is fabulous.
    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  6. #131
    Forum Member
    Firefighter807's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    East (Right) Coast
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    Well... if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!

  7. #132
    Forum Member
    SFD_E73_RET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    KC area
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    Love it!! That could be anywhere.

  8. #133
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter807 View Post


    Well... if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!
    My apologies. I forgot to make mention of the Piece Disciples blocking the aisle in front of the Piece display with their prayer rugs and drool buckets. Please forgive me.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  9. #134
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    My apologies. I forgot to make mention of the Piece Disciples blocking the aisle in front of the Piece display with their prayer rugs and drool buckets. Please forgive me.
    Now that's funny! You are forgiven.

  10. #135
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLyman View Post
    Is the Fire Expo back in town? God, what a great time if you liked to watch people. Dave Houseal's rendition on the typical wacker and his wife is fabulous.
    BTW, Dave did not pen this fantastic piece of literature. He has re-posted it several times in various forums, but has openly admitted to receiving it in an email, but has long since forgotten who the author is. And no one has come forward to accept their Pulitzer Prize.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  11. #136
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    So of Can. / N. of Mexico
    Posts
    869

    Talking Harrisburg Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Here are some observations from the recent Harrisburg Fire Expo show:

    To quote it's unknown author "If nothing else, I have to witness again and again the immutable fact that the fire service will take anybody. "

    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut,
    carrying the $1500 light bar that he will install on his $200 truck, while
    his tired-looking and very ugly wife pushes the carriage containing the
    mean little results of his sperm colliding with her ovum in a long ago moment
    of Mad Dog 20/20 inspired passion.

    Next comes Norbert Fuzz, Grand Emperor of the Fire Police Squadron in
    Lanced Boil Springs. Despite the fact that he is 700 miles from home, he
    carries two 500 channel pocket scanners, his monitor, a cell phone, baton,
    handcuffs, flare gun, CS teargas, and probably has a Walther PPK
    secreted on his person. His vehicle of choice would be an LTD Crown Victoria with an Edge bar, grille strobes, an arrowstick, Federal Q siren and wigwag
    headlights. This man masturbates while reading a Gall's catalog.

    Following them is Sylvia Cruntley, Ladies Auxiliary President of Buttcrack
    Heights VFD. Her lavender stretch pants have reached critical mass, and
    when her pager beeps, little children have been known to cry, "Look
    out-I think she's backing up!" Her t-shirt is emblazoned with "got milk?" yet
    the mere thought of those leviathan mammaries is enough to wilt the most
    stalwart of Woodrows. As she shuffles past, munching on her 3rd funnel
    cake of the morning, the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs
    in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    While Harrisburg is a great show, the above description is pretty accurate of many of the attendees. Do love the lemonaid.

  12. #137
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    As I entered the hall this year at Harrisburg, i was a little on edge, I must say. I knew, somewhere within the room...it was there....lurking...waiting for me....but i was prepared....prepared for the fight. I wasnt sure what it sould be packing, but I anticipated the worst. I saw the oval from afar, and headed towards it, I moved with purpose, but at the same time i was cautious, and situationally aware. After a short walk, there it was. I stopped dead in my tracks.....and there we were....face to face....nothing between us...its M6 lights staring at me....my eyes locked on it....we just looked at each other....it was intense....I contemplated my move...wondering what to expect....then suddenly....I relaized it was just a firetruck. I opened the passenger door, looked inside...and moved along. I don't know why. but it just didnt interest me. I guess because its not something we would be looking at and I had so much else to look at.

    I'll be more interested in it once its on the streets and some feedback is coming in.

  13. #138
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northeast Coast
    Posts
    3,910

    Talking We have a winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    As I entered the hall this year at Harrisburg, i was a little on edge, I must say. I knew, somewhere within the room...it was there....lurking...waiting for me....but i was prepared....prepared for the fight. I wasnt sure what it sould be packing, but I anticipated the worst. I saw the oval from afar, and headed towards it, I moved with purpose, but at the same time i was cautious, and situationally aware. After a short walk, there it was. I stopped dead in my tracks.....and there we were....face to face....nothing between us...its M6 lights staring at me....my eyes locked on it....we just looked at each other....it was intense....I contemplated my move...wondering what to expect....then suddenly....I relaized it was just a firetruck. I opened the passenger door, looked inside...and moved along. I don't know why. but it just didnt interest me. I guess because its not something we would be looking at and I had so much else to look at.

    I'll be more interested in it once its on the streets and some feedback is coming in.
    It appears that maybe their best move would have been not to tell everyone to "prepare for the fight", as you clearly came out on top!

  14. #139
    MembersZone Subscriber
    voyager9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    I saw the oval from afar, and headed towards it, I moved with purpose, but at the same time i was cautious, and situationally aware. After a short walk, there it was. I stopped dead in my tracks.....and there we were....face to face....nothing between us...its M6 lights staring at me....my eyes locked on it....we just looked at each other....it was intense....
    Thou shalt not taunt Happy Fun Oval.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

  15. #140
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Easton,Pa
    Posts
    368

    Default

    While we are on the subject let's not forget the lovely bovine urine smell seeping out of the floor whenever the tempature rises above about 50 degrees.

    I actually saw a young mother walking along with her baby who was in bare feet. made me shudder!

  16. #141
    Forum Member
    FiremanLyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Dewly Whacker, wearing the stained tee shirt stretched tight over his gut......the sight of her flesh in motion reminds one of two hogs in a burlap sack, wrestling over a Snickers bar.

    Entertainment such as this knows no equal.
    Thank you good man. I laugh/cry hysterically each time I read it. If people from places far away from Pennsylvania only knew. Honestly, we don't have the intense "wacker-ism" here in Texas that I experienced growing up in PA.

    I need to copy that to a text file and keep it in the archive.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    My apologies. I forgot to make mention of the Piece Disciples blocking the aisle in front of the Piece display with their prayer rugs and drool buckets. Please forgive me.
    Oh, you saw me there, should have said hello between afternoon and evening prayer.

    Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    I'll be more interested in it once its on the streets and some feedback is coming in.
    Agree. I honestly don't see it (Dash CF) as being a great cab lay out, especially for a career department where your officer and driver can use the doghouse as a storage console for their gear as they drive around. In a volunteer department, it might work out, when most of the time you are only getting in the rig to go to or come back from a call. Also, the driver doesn't have the doghouse to rest his arm on when driving... at least that is my most comfortable driving position.

    Quote Originally Posted by sven73 View Post
    While we are on the subject let's not forget the lovely bovine urine smell seeping out of the floor whenever the tempature rises above about 50 degrees.

    I actually saw a young mother walking along with her baby who was in bare feet. made me shudder!
    Uggh. It is a farm show complex for God's sake.
    ~Drew
    Firefighter/EMT/Technical Rescue
    USAR TF Rescue Specialist

  17. #142
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Easton,Pa
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Uh, yea I know its a farm show complex. So I can't make a remark about the smell?

  18. #143
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLyman View Post
    Oh, you saw me there, should have said hello between afternoon and evening prayer.
    I havn't been to that goat f*ck-fest since 2007, and the only reason I went then was because it was paid for by a vendor.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  19. #144
    Let's talk fire trucks!
    BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I havn't been to that goat f*ck-fest since 2007, and the only reason I went then was because it was paid for by a vendor.
    I gotta admit, it's become a little less whackerish since I started going back in the 90's. This year was probably the least squirrelly I've seen it.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  20. #145
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the southeast.
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLyman View Post
    Thank you good man. I laugh/cry hysterically each time I read it. If people from places far away from Pennsylvania only knew. Honestly, we don't have the intense "wacker-ism" here in Texas that I experienced growing up in PA.
    Trust me brother, Georgia has it's fair share of them. The city I worked at was paid and the surrounding county was paid/volunteer, mostly vollie.

    Anyway, the some of the volunteers there were as whacker as they come. They had this habit of squelching their pagers anytime they wold enter a resturaunt or store and see anyone wearing any kind of fire department t-shirt, pager, or uniform. They especially loved to do it when they saw a city guy there, as if we really gave a ****. It was actually quite annoying. I'd be sitting there trying to enjoy a meal with my wife and I'd keep hearing their stupid pager squelch until I finally turned around and aknowledged them. Weird as hell.

    It's almost as annoying as going out to eat with my family and getting Ooh-rah'd all the time now.

  21. #146
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the southeast.
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sven73 View Post
    Uh, yea I know its a farm show complex. So I can't make a remark about the smell?
    I think he was commenting on the stupid woman letting her kid walk around barefoot man.

  22. #147
    Forum Member
    FiremanLyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sven73 View Post
    Uh, yea I know its a farm show complex. So I can't make a remark about the smell?
    Man, cry over Oprah leaving television too?

    Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    I think he was commenting on the stupid woman letting her kid walk around barefoot man.
    +2 for Irish.
    ~Drew
    Firefighter/EMT/Technical Rescue
    USAR TF Rescue Specialist

  23. #148
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Lt. Wolf

    Sorry, I have been out of circulation for awhile. I must apologize to Lt. Wolf, because I usually am able to restrain myself, but WOW you must be allot of fun to jack up around the fire house. I couldn't restrain myself because when I visited your fire department in the 1980's (yes I know where you are) everyone was an idiot if they weren't buying E-1's and then it was Spartan for awhile I believe, followed by KME and so on.......so sorry to sour your new taste in cool-aide. I will go sip my coolaide in the corner!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pierce Recalls By NHTSA-Say It Ain't So...
    By Aerialguy11 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:46 AM
  2. Pierce Ė The Innovator of the Fire Apparatus Industry
    By BlitzfireSolo in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 03:54 PM
  3. Pierce Paint Corrosion
    By blueflame in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 07:52 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 07:24 PM
  5. Help Fight Terrorism
    By KauilaPolu in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2001, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register