Forum Member

Default Andrews AFB Fire

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    Uhhhhh, ok, I'll play your silly game......Thought for what?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Uhhhhh, ok, I'll play your silly game......Thought for what?
    Don't show up in shorts because people are watching?

Forum Member

No comment

Forum Member

Missed that the first time around.

Most bases allow civilian FF's to wear shorts and other non-uniform articles of clothing after hours. He could also have been working out, too. When I worked at APG, we were allowed to wear shorts, sweats, whatever (but navy blue) after 16:30. This appears to be late in the afternoon, and it is obvious that he is a driver. Whenever I drove, and was wearing shorts, I would always put on my bunker pants ASAP. Not making excuses for him, especially considering the fact that he had enough time to put on his coat, why not take the extra 30 seconds and shake off the sneakers??? Personally I would rather have had the pants and boots on rather than the coat.

Oh well.

For real big laughs and "food for thought" you guys should find the youtube video of the corvette catching on fire during the burn-out competition. That makes the shorts guy in this video look like a nuclear physicist.

EDIT: Here ya go- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yNaDLTNOg
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 03-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Most bases allow civilian FF's to wear shorts and other non-uniform articles of clothing after hours. He could also have been working out, too. When I worked at APG, we were allowed to wear shorts, sweats, whatever (but navy blue) after 16:30. This appears to be late in the afternoon, and it is obvious that he is a driver. Whenever I drove, and was wearing shorts, I would always put on my bunker pants ASAP. Not making excuses for him, especially considering the fact that he had enough time to put on his coat, why not take the extra 30 seconds and shake off the sneakers??? Personally I would rather have had the pants and boots on rather than the coat.

Oh well.

For real big laughs and "food for thought" you guys should find the youtube video of the corvette catching on fire during the burn-out competition. That makes the shorts guy in this video look like a nuclear physicist.

Wow .. at least one guy in PPE on that corvette would have been nice.

(So would have been some foam)
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=FWDbuff;1254039]Uhhhhh, ok, I'll play your silly game......Thought for what?[/QUOT?

Just posting the video for DOD FF's, I don't get what you're driving at here.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Andyboyfire;1254185]
    Uhhhhh, ok, I'll play your silly game......Thought for what?[/QUOT?

Just posting the video for DOD FF's, I don't get what you're driving at here.
    Andyboyfire,

I think (I could be wrong) there questioning your comment "food for thought".
    The atom bomb was no "great decision." It was merely another powerful weapon in the arsenal of righteousness.
    Harry S. Truman

Forum Member

Oh well.

Haha this is great, I wonder if they ever heard about magnesium and what water does to it for them to not wear ppe. How about them pushing the fire onto the side of the road lol.

Forum Member

Wow what a piece of work. Maybe he should be on the job and be fighting the fire instead of trying to walk the dog, his wife and operate a camera.

These are old base housing units that were built years back and burn faster than a rabbit running from a hound.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmason66 View Post
    Haha this is great, I wonder if they ever heard about magnesium and what water does to it for them to not wear ppe. How about them pushing the fire onto the side of the road lol.
    Well, better to push the fire into the the brush on the side of the road, than to push it into the crowd on the otherside of the car.... so he had THAT going for him...
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information