Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Looking for Good Dealer in Midwest

Hello, We have received an AFG grant for a new pumper. We are about to send out our bid packages. Wondering if anyone had any recommendations for builders/dealers in Midwest Area. We are located in Minnesota. Thanks,

I know there are many departments that have rigs built by General Safety Division. They deal Rosenbauer.
    General Safety Fire Apparatus
    5181-260th Street
    Wyoming, MN 55092
    651-462-1000

You could probably call Oakdale, MN fire with any questions. Their whole fleet is General if memory serves.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Quote Originally Posted by dallylama1080 View Post
    Hello, We have received an AFG grant for a new pumper. We are about to send out our bid packages. Wondering if anyone had any recommendations for builders/dealers in Midwest Area. We are located in Minnesota. Thanks,

Pierce and Seagrave...........
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Talking

Crimson/ Spartan
    Midwest fire apparatus

MembersZone Subscriber

Heiman Fire Equipment. They build some of thier own and are the Rosenbauer dealer for that area.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

A lot of AFG rigs are built on a budget, so you might consider looking at Midwest Fire, located in Luverne, MN. Two departments near me have taken delivery of tankers built by Midwest, and they seem to be pretty happy with the product.

However, if you've got the money and desire some custom features, you can't overlook CustomFire in Osceloa, WI. They're not the biggest builder of units per year, but I've yet to find anyone to say anything bad about their product. They're being used in St. Paul, Duluth, Davenport, and other locations in the midwest, so finding references should be easy.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Fire Safety USA is the E-One dealer for MN. Give me a call [Ryan] at 1-877-699-3473 or an email to: ryan@firesafetyusa.com, www.firesafetyusa.com, We have local salesmen throughout Minnesota. thanks! - Ryan.

Forum Member

Toyne, Inc. (Iowa Fire Trucks), Breda, Ia. www.toyne.com

MembersZone Subscriber

W.S. Darley, Chippewa Falls, WI http://www.darley.com/apparatus.html

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rclarey View Post
    Fire Safety USA is the E-One dealer for MN. Give me a call [Ryan] at 1-877-699-3473 or an email to: ryan@firesafetyusa.com, www.firesafetyusa.com, We have local salesmen throughout Minnesota. thanks! - Ryan.
    BUY your advertising.

Unless he just fell off the lutefisk truck up there in Mn, your relatives selling Pierce and your branch at Fire Safety are going to be WELLLLLL know to most anyone in the Midwest fire service. Perhaps why he is looking for alternative suppliers?

If you're not willing to work with established dealers in your area, contact the regional sales manager for major manufacturers and buy direct from the factory. They can also make service arrangements for you thru alternative contractors. In Mn that might be Emergency Apparatus Maintenance or a truck dealer in adjoining state that actually has their own mobile service trucks and shop. The major mfg do not want you to buy from someone else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dallylama1080 View Post
    I will always suggest Sutphen... they have done a marvelous job for us!! Here was the contact that I found on their site for your area. Give them a call and they can demo a truck for you.

M&T Fire And Safety
    111 Kasan Avenue
    Volga SD 57071

Phone: 800-223-0792
    2nd Phone: 605-627-5165
    Office Fax: 605-627-5176

Email: roger@mtfiresafety.com
    Web: http://mtfiresafety.com

I second the suggestion to call Toyne, Also Emergency Apparatus Maintenance does their service work in Min.

26885 Beverly Dr.
    Shorewood MN 55331

Cory Latterner

Office Phone: 952-607-7225

Cell Phone: 952-607-7225
    cory@toyne.com

Forum Member

Third for Toyne

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rclarey View Post
    I went to your website. Looked at your firetruck deliveries. I was surprised by the size of your delivery list. It was very impressive! Your dealership must be doing something right.

Forum Member

Smile CustomFire

My dept has and engine, rescue, tender/tanker and a utility all from CustomFire. They weren't the cheapest but they gave up top notch customer service and the rigs are built like a brick ****house!!!

Rosenbauer or Smeal. Got both and no complaints with either T.C.

I personally can't believe these dealers aren't beating YOUR door down if you received a grant. I'd send packages out to everyone you can, then work on eliminating the bids that are not compliant for various reasons. Hand picking who you send the packages to only handicaps you, and may leave out a bidder who is VERY hungry for your business.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    A lot of AFG rigs are built on a budget, so you might consider looking at Midwest Fire, located in Luverne, MN. Two departments near me have taken delivery of tankers built by Midwest, and they seem to be pretty happy with the product.

However, if you've got the money and desire some custom features, you can't overlook CustomFire in Osceloa, WI. They're not the biggest builder of units per year, but I've yet to find anyone to say anything bad about their product. They're being used in St. Paul, Duluth, Davenport, and other locations in the midwest, so finding references should be easy.
    Maybe stay away from Custom. Quality goes one way or another, and the way my previous department was treated was just plain wrong. Very wrong. F-ing three ring circus.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Just a quick idea: if you deal with Emergency Apparatus Maintenance give your local tech a call. They service many departments with many different manufactures of apparatus and know which manufacture makes a quality product and how that manufacture is to deal with when it comes to product support and warranty claims.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Forum Member

Mid West fire has a good deal. A class A pumper under 200K. http://www.midwestfire.com/fire-appa...umpers/frx.php

Thread Information