Thread: After applying

Forum Member

Default After applying

I recently put out an application for Lake County Fire Rescue and the closing date was yesterday the 10th... From what I heard through the grape vine they were planning on doing interviews first week of April. Which to me sounds like testing would happen between now and then. This was my first time sending an application in and I was wondering how do they usually contact you to come in for testing? Phone call? or Mail?
    Main reason I'm asking is that I am currently out of town for the month but I do have someone checking my mail and I'm ready to drive back on a moments notice to go test. I'm scared to lose my notice and miss an opportunity to test..
    So long story short, should I expect a phone call or something in the mail?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marc the Shark View Post
    I recently put out an application for Lake County Fire Rescue and the closing date was yesterday the 10th... From what I heard through the grape vine they were planning on doing interviews first week of April. Which to me sounds like testing would happen between now and then. This was my first time sending an application in and I was wondering how do they usually contact you to come in for testing? Phone call? or Mail?
    Main reason I'm asking is that I am currently out of town for the month but I do have someone checking my mail and I'm ready to drive back on a moments notice to go test. I'm scared to lose my notice and miss an opportunity to test..
    So long story short, should I expect a phone call or something in the mail?
    Normally they contact you through email.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AJ770 View Post
    Normally they contact you through email.

First of all, that's not always the case here in florida..secondly to the original poster, u sound young and obviously very new...no one in this field is going to hand u anything. If u want to know exactly what lake county does, CALL HR. Just alittle advice.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    First of all, that's not always the case here in florida..secondly to the original poster, u sound young and obviously very new...no one in this field is going to hand u anything. If u want to know exactly what lake county does, CALL HR. Just alittle advice.....
    Not that young (26) but definitively new and not looking for hand outs... This is my first application so I just don't know what to expect. I thought about calling but I wasn't sure if that was acceptable. Or not. Guess I'll be doing that Monday.

Thread Information