Default Anyone use Haix or Thorogood boots

I've been eyeballing some Haix or Thorogood wildland boots, anyone try them? I do not like the logger style heel, and will be going to a shorter heel. Thanks

Forum Member

I have a pair of Haix station boots. (Yes, I know they aren't the wildland boot, but I believe my point will still be valid) They are quite possible the most comfortable boot I've had on my foot. Ever. There was about a month break in period, but once they broke in, they fit my feet like a glove.

I have a couple friend who have worn the Thorogood wildland boot, and say the same thing. Most comfortable boot, fits like a glove etc.

I've noticed with the Haix that they are durable as HELL too. I'm not nice to my footwear, at all, and I've had my boots about 6 months now, and put them through hell, and they are holding up great. Been through mud, water, had them in heat, accidentally ran one of them over with the ambo, and not a damn thing is wrong with them.

Forum Member

Bought a pair of Thorogoods (10 " wildland )last month - so far so good - NO break in - the jury is still out on the lace in zipper. They are 100% made in USA -Used to wear Danners untill they quit making them in the USA
    ?

Sweet, thanks for the info. I own a pair of Thorogood structure boots, and love them. I am really digging the Haix, though. Looks like my dept will be paying for them anyway (incentive money), so the Haix might be what I will get.

MembersZone Subscriber

LOVE my Haix station boots I had one pair for four years. The cool thing is for like 80$ you can send them back and they will redo anything worn on the boot and put a new sole on the boot. They come back good as new. I have a pair of Haix Bunker boots as well and love them too. I had globe for a while really liked them but they didn't hold up worth a $hit. Switched to the Haix and like other have said it takes a month but after that I promise you will love them as well. Plus i can send them back and have them redone for 80$ rather then 300$ for a new pair.

Forum Member

wildland boots/ station boots = apples & oranges. If I can buy a quality product made in the USA , I will.
    ?

Forum Member

I've been using the 10" Thorogoods for almost two years now. Our department loves them and the lacing quick zip. Just add a little longer lanyard for a power grip on the zipper. For those with a high arch it was difficult getting them on and the 10" does get a little tight from being that high.

But the Thorogoods fit beautifully when on and great overall support.

Forum Member

Default Thorogood, the Best Leather Fire Fighter Boots up to size 18 EEE XW

I first want to say from the perspective of a Bigfoot, XLfeet.com is my savior!

For guys like me with size 16 feet, there's little to no selection of Fire Fighting Boots to begin with. It's a good thing that the one company, Thorogood, which manufactures Fire Fighting Boots up to size 18 EEE and are what most would agree to be the best structural/wildland boots in the industry! And XLfeet stocks them in Large Sizes too.

Anywhere else I have looked for Wildland Fire Fighting Boots or structural Fire Fighting Boots, they only go up to about a size 13 or 14, and usually make you wait months in addition to the lack of availability. That can mean the difference of having a job as a Fire Fighter or not. At XLfeet, not only did they have my size, but they shipped my boots the same week I ordered.

Based on my experience and what I have heard from others in Fire Fighting Community, these boots in reg or large sizes are some of, if not the best boots:

-(804-6378) Thorogood 14" Ulti-met™ Structural / T.R.I. Bunker Boot

-(804-6391M) Thorogood 10" Structural / T.R.I. / Wildland Fire Fighting Boot

Thread Information