Forum Member

Default Online Medic Courses (intro courses)

Can anyone provide input as to online schools that offer medic-required courses online, such as anatomy and all the more "basic" or intro courses. The university near my town offers the medic program, but introduction to EMS and EMS operations are the only classes they offer online. Just want to knock out the basic ones online while working full-time

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BennyT373 View Post
    Can anyone provide input as to online schools that offer medic-required courses online, such as anatomy and all the more "basic" or intro courses. The university near my town offers the medic program, but introduction to EMS and EMS operations are the only classes they offer online. Just want to knock out the basic ones online while working full-time
    Some schools have other non-medical requirements for the Associates degree. I have done several of those classes online as I pursue my degree in Paramedicine. For instance, you may need pyschology, math, english composition, humanities/arts elective, and even possibly a public speaking class. My college offers most of these classes online and I banged out 4 of them before my medic classes got hot and heavy with the clinicals. I'll still have 3 more to do after my medic classes are complete in order to get the actual degree instead of just a "certificate".

Just my 2cents. Also - not sure how far you are away from the Hagerstown area, but HCC has a pretty good program. They have a new program director who is taking the bull by the horns and is an excellent teacher as well. They do require that you have EMT-B prior to signing up and they also only have 18 spots per year so you gotta sign up early.
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

As goes for general electives, I have all those. I already have a Bachelors (and also EMT-B). I mean mostly in regards to say anatomy/physiology, pharmacology, terminology, etc. I'm quite a distance from Hagerstown. My closest course would be at Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV. (unless God blesses me with being hired in Cumberland, MD in the upcoming hiring)

Forum Member

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Thread Information