Thread: Suv

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Suv

Department in southern MO, annual budget of 6,500.00, two stations, nearly 200 square miles coverage could really use an old Tahoe, Suburban, or other SUV for their medical first responder program.

We can't afford 02 regulators, AED's, 02 bottles, etc for every one of our first responders, but if we had a SUV to use, we could outfit it as a duty vehicle and always have that equipment available at every call. Our first responders normally go POV to the scene due to the size of our area.

The closest ambulance service is right at 20 miles away, making our first responders vital.

We will be in NY and PA next week if anybody has one to donate. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!

MembersZone Subscriber

You know my std answer. DOD surplus. Took me about 2 yr to get a AF C-2500 crewcab.

DOD has a fair # of crewcab pickups and on occasion SUV. Most out the the AF which general maintains their vehicles better than others.

The other option which might be quicker is thru your state Surplus Office (sell you DOD or GSA surplus). I have a deal worked out with Iowa office where I find in and transport it and they charge me $100 to process the paperwork. You get title. A fair # of window vans etc as well.

www.gsaxcess.com. All the non DOD surplus federal equipment and most of the time the DOD surplus vehicles (and some other stuff).

Typically a lot of competition for what you're looking for but someone gets the vehicles that come thru the system.

Might contact any fed agencies (such as Marshalls, FBI, DHS) in Mo area. Give you an inside track and all use a lot of the Suburban/Tahoe types.

MembersZone Subscriber

As soon as we go tax based, we can then access the state and federal surplus that is available other than the FPP and FEPP. That may still take a while though.

We are on a trip to NY and PA, if anyone has any gear to donate to departments, we can provide both needy departments, and shipping. Hitting IL, IN, OH, NY, PA, then return, leaving tomorrow morning.

Forum Member

where in NY will you be? might have a few items to donate......

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    As soon as we go tax based, we can then access the state and federal surplus that is available other than the FPP and FEPP. That may still take a while though.
    I'll bet you can make eligibility for State Surplus now.

If you have nonprofit status, a health agency, any gov't body, church, etc you can go thru State Surplus office for Fed surplus. They may also be the agency that disposes of excess vehicle in Mo. Good bet the governor gets a nice new SUV every couple years.

http://www.iaprisonind.com/downloads...Applicants.pdf

MembersZone Subscriber

We have worked pretty hard on it - but the stance is firm. The feds say you have to recieve public funds, and the state interpets that as tax based.

There was some abuse back in the early 90's, and they are determined it won't happen again. We could go through another agency, but not legally.

Pasobuff, closest we get to Albany will be Binghamton area.

Forum Member

We may have some stuff to donate if you are going through northwestern PA. PM me and I can let you know what we may have to offer.

Forum Member

LVFD, sorry for waking you up this morning. Let me know when you will be back up so I can get the air packs rounded up for you.

Forum Member

When will you be around Binghamton? That is just over an hour from me.....

Thread Information