1. #76
    Back In Black
    ChiefKN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Nice Part of New Jersey
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I was a medic numbnuts. I realize that type of language isn't understood in chief's circles. It has more than two syllables.
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not a "medic numbnuts".

    I guess if that was my specialty, i'd be cranky too.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

  2. #77
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not a "medic numbnuts".

    I guess if that was my specialty, i'd be cranky too.
    Okay...I admit. That was funny.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #78
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    BTW, I know a lot of smart people who are clueless.
    Actors,politicians(even the ones that I vote for,oftentimes)Tim Wilson's Uncle Benford Smith Wilson aka Uncle BS.....
    Last edited by doughesson; 04-19-2011 at 02:08 PM.

  4. #79
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    [QUOTE=scfire86;1263764] I've never believed anyone is getting rich working for the government. Yet that is the political reality were are current faced with in our public discourse.

    QUOTE]

    This morning,the local NPR station(occasionally,I'll listen to them) announced that President Barack Hussein Obama's 2010 tax return showed an income of 4.5 million dollars which was a 1.7 million reduction from his previous tax return.
    Not getting rich working for the government,indeed.If I were getting 6.2 million for my government salary plus book royalties,I'd think a 1.7 mil cut was hurtful too.
    Where do *I* sign up for such a job?

  5. #80
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    This morning,the local NPR station(occasionally,I'll listen to them) announced that President Barack Hussein Obama's 2010 tax return showed an income of 4.5 million dollars which was a 1.7 million reduction from his previous tax return.
    Not getting rich working for the government,indeed.If I were getting 6.2 million for my government salary plus book royalties,I'd think a 1.7 mil cut was hurtful too.
    Where do *I* sign up for such a job?
    So you're comparing the responsibilities of the President to other public servants?

    That's pretty damn funny. Given the responsibility and oversight of budgets, equipment, and personnel of the POTUS, that position is woefully underpaid compared to their private sector counterparts.

    As far as his book royalties, there is nothing stopping you (or anyone else) from writing a book and asking people to buy it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  6. #81
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the southeast.
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Given the responsibility and oversight of budgets, equipment, and personnel of the POTUS, that position is woefully underpaid compared to their private sector counterparts.
    Bull ****ing ****!!!!!!! Underpaid my ***. You sir are out of your ever lasting mind if you think that 6.2 million dollars is a just salary for ANYONE serving in the government, I don't give a rat's arse if he is the leader (figure head anyway) of this country. Looks great having a leader making millions of dollars while we still have rediculous unemployment rates in this country. Shows he really cares.

  7. #82
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Did any one see the news about the mcdonalds hiring blitz ? In New Jersey there were 1000 applications filled out for 4 job openings. If that doesnt speak volumes about the state of our economy --- just unbelievable
    ?

  8. #83
    the 4-1-4
    Jasper 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ...A great place, on a Great Lake
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Bull ****ing ****!!!!!!! Underpaid my ***. You sir are out of your ever lasting mind if you think that 6.2 million dollars is a just salary for ANYONE serving in the government, I don't give a rat's arse if he is the leader (figure head anyway) of this country. Looks great having a leader making millions of dollars while we still have rediculous unemployment rates in this country. Shows he really cares.

    The president doesn't make millions from the tax payers.

    "Sec. 644. (a) Increase in Annual Compensation.--Section 102 of title 3, United States Code, is amended by striking '$200,000' and inserting '$400,000'. (b) Effective Date.--The <> amendment made by this section shall take effect at noon on January 20, 2001."
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepre...dentialpay.htm


    It's actual a rather small salary, considering the scope and responsibilities of the office. In fact, it's barely a little more than double what the mayor of my city is paid, and this city only has around 600,000 residents.

  9. #84
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the southeast.
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Well Jasper, I was just responding to the posts between doug and scfire. It seems scfire seems to think it would be ok for the prez to make millions of dollars for a salary because of the importance of his job.

    There is a reason they call government employees "public servants", not public mogules, millionaires, and billionaires. Plus, add in all of the perks that go with the job and his income is well over your local mayor brother. He may not get as much paper money as your mayor, but the perks offset that by a country mile. Maybe not in the millions stated by doug above, but certainly up there to put him within elbow rubbing distance of rich folks. But, thanks for the link, pretty interesting.

  10. #85
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Well Jasper, I was just responding to the posts between doug and scfire. It seems scfire seems to think it would be ok for the prez to make millions of dollars for a salary because of the importance of his job.
    Book royalties aren't part of his salary.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  11. #86
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    21

    Default Presidential gazillions! Shocking!

    It really harpoons the credibility of a whiner who claims ANY government employee gets a salary in the millions. Facts escape many who complain the most. By the way, the President is a government employee, and his pay is publicly available, look that stuff up. As with all the other BS spewed, check some facts first. Book royalties - private earnings. Now, I guess capitalistic tendencies are bad, when they are attributed to a "socialist"? Which is it - or is it just part of the narrative regarding Obama - he says white, you say black; he says up, you say down. Someone should fact-check the talking points.

  12. #87
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the southeast.
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Oh for the love of God, I mis-read SCfire, for the second time I've explained this now, and thought he was saying it would be ok if that is what the prez made. My point was that no, it wouldn't.

    You might want to read a little further back, perhaps the first pages of this thread, to see why I have an issue with scfire. He likes to twist folks words around to make them fit his arguements. If he did mis-read something, he would never admit it. He would stand by his arguement, as flawed as it might be. I am certainly not the first he has done this with, nor will I be the last I suppose.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 05-05-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 06-07-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 08:41 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 05-03-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 04-10-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:03 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 01-13-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:13 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 08-10-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register