MembersZone Subscriber

Default Top 10 Democratic Party Slogans

I saw this on a t-shirt today, and I actually found it online, and found it a little funny:

Top 10 democratic Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to taxes and abortion.

9. We didn't destroy your freedoms; you can visit them at the Smithsonian.

8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europe.

7. Someday none of this will be yours.

6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?

5. Please don't vote us out! None of us can do real jobs!

4. Why the founding Fathers limited Government: Racism.

3. Reducing America's carbon footprint one job at a time.

2. America: We just can't wait to see how it ends!

1. Making everything in this country free except you.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Forum Member

That is funny.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

That's funny. Even funnier how it is Dems fighting to keep the rights of working people while it is republicans gutting them like a tuna.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    That's funny. Even funnier how it is Dems fighting to keep the rights of working people while it is republicans gutting them like a tuna.
    Yeah, and that's what surprises the hell out of me. WHat else surprises the hell out of me is how our anti war Pres goes and gets us into yet one more middle eastern conflisct. Like we can afford it and like our military isn't already beat to hell over the past 10 years. Thanks Osama Obama.

Forum Member

I find it funny also. Fireman clinging to a group who can care less about their well being.

Gingrich Proposes Allowing State Bankruptcies, To Escape Pension Obligations

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/economic-...igations/2967/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Yeah, and that's what surprises the hell out of me. WHat else surprises the hell out of me is how our anti war Pres goes and gets us into yet one more middle eastern conflisct. Like we can afford it and like our military isn't already beat to hell over the past 10 years. Thanks Osama Obama.
    What's even funnier is how during the Bush Administration war critics were called unpatriotic or traitors. We were told that criticism of the president while there were troops on harms way was detrimental to troop morale, and would embolden our enemies. Here's (Aid and Comfort to the Enemy) almost 500 posts that prove it. I guess troop morale isn't an issue any longer.

More funny is that during the 80's, conservatives were wanting Reagan to bomb Libya into the Stone Age. Now that Obama is actually attempting to overthrow Gaddafi there are some who believe this action is an impeachable offense.

Yup, the laughs never stop.
    Last edited by scfire86; 03-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Forum Member

What's even funnier is how during the Bush Administration war critics were called unpatriotic or traitors. We were told that criticism of the president while there were troops on harms way was detrimental to troop morale, and would embolden our enemies. I guess troop morale isn't an issue any longer.

More funny is that during the 80's, conservatives were wanting Reagan to bomb Libya into the Stone Age. Now that Obama is actually attempting to overthrow Gaddafi there are some who believe this action is an impeachable offense.

Gotta love it.

Forum Member

This is for scfire86, as well.

I'm not a fan of Obama, I think that has been duly noted since his election. However I do have respect for him when it comes to the use of our Military Forces. While he may not be pro-war, he hasn't shown me that he isn't afraid to use them in any capacity. With Libya, he will not send ground forces. That is good, as they are not needed for that issue. Giving the missile crews some needed "training" and "action" work, is awesome. Don't forget that this is a NATO action, and not one that was brought from the United States as a whole. All countries that voted on the "No Fly Zone", are required to use their military resources to make it happen. And this time, we are NOT, the Primary Enforcer.

Bottom line, Muammar Gaddafi needs to go.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    This is for scfire86, as well.

I'm not a fan of Obama, I think that has been duly noted since his election. However I do have respect for him when it comes to the use of our Military Forces. While he may not be pro-war, he hasn't shown me that he isn't afraid to use them in any capacity. With Libya, he will not send ground forces. That is good, as they are not needed for that issue. Giving the missile crews some needed "training" and "action" work, is awesome. Don't forget that this is a NATO action, and not one that was brought from the United States as a whole. All countries that voted on the "No Fly Zone", are required to use their military resources to make it happen. And this time, we are NOT, the Primary Enforcer.

FM1
    Well, my problem is that we can't even get money here to fix gear that is broken in my unit, yet Osama Obama can spend a ton of it sending missles, and BTW a MEU over to Lybia. What ya think that MEU might be there for? Aint for show brother, you as a Marine should know that. Also he's already OK'ing covert OP's with American forces, that's in the news nothing really secret there, so yeah, we're about to be involved with the ground pounding. Regardless, we're involved in yet another conflict that is not our business when what we really need is to finish Afghanistan and give our military a break. My Squadron is struggling to afford making repairs, along with most other units my buddies are at. THe forward units are getting their money, which I'm glad. But, we need to be able to get work done in the rear in order to support our forward deployed guys. You don't see that as a problem with our involvement in another conflict looming?

I know it's a NATO action, which STARTED out with us in charge up until recently mind you, and mark my words, as soon as things decline, if they should, watch every other NATO nation pull out and leave us holding the bag. Well, with the exclusion of the U.K. and perhaps a few others. But most will back out if things go awry.

Ghadafi needs to go? Good, why's it our responsibility?

Afghanistan is our responsibility because the idiots that attacked were encamped there and the Taliban in charge of Aghanistan at the time were protecting, funding, and well, hand in hand with al Qaeda. My brothers are dying every day in Afghanistan, but what do we hear about on the news every friggin day? Lybia, Charlie Sheen, and that snot nosed little bitch Lindsay Lohan.

I'm telling you, we don't have the money to get involved any further than air support, and even then we don't really have the money for that.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-30-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Forum Member

What's even funnier is how during the Bush Administration war critics were called unpatriotic or traitors. We were told that criticism of the president while there were troops on harms way was detrimental to troop morale, and would embolden our enemies. Here's (Aid and Comfort to the Enemy) almost 500 posts that prove it. I guess troop morale isn't an issue any longer.

WEll I am a troop, how's that taste in your Rice Crispies. I'm an active duty Marine, and I have no problem saying that I believe Lybia is a conflict we have no business in right now. How about we finish Afghanistan before we start anything else.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TL678 View Post
    I find it funny also. Fireman clinging to a group who can care less about their well being.

Gingrich Proposes Allowing State Bankruptcies, To Escape Pension Obligations

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/economic-...igations/2967/
    Brother, I don't like the Republicans any better, they're all in it for themselves now days. I just feel that letting Afghanistan fall into the background is bull ****. I trust the Democrats and Republicans about as much as I trust a Cobra versus a cotton mouth.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Forum Member

Out of curiosity and respect, what exactly is your MOS??? Obviously you're a little clueless of the operations of the MEU's. I was with the 32nd MAU turned 22nd MAU, and finally reclassified/designated as the 22nd MEU. 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines. My MOS was 0311 for 6 yrs, then 0321, and finally 8654/0326. Before that, I was an 0811/0812.

With the deployment with the 26th MEU already there, the operations are from the ACE units, not the ground combat units. So no, there are no MEU ground pounders on the desert. As well, they are going to be relieved by the 22nd MEU sometime in April. Either way, no assault teams will be deployed on the ground, sans for rescue operations. ie: F15 Pilot and weapons officer that was rescued by an Osprey of the 26th MEU, loaded on the USS Kearsarge.

Your babbling, crying about money is a non issue. If your unit needs parts, then they will get them. Delayed a little, but you will get them. And this points back to what I asked first. Your MOS.

Just because I turn wrenches for a living now, doesn't mean I don't know what is going on with my Brothers. I am well informed.

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Well, my problem is that we can't even get money here to fix gear that is broken in my unit, yet Osama Obama can spend a ton of it sending missles, and BTW a MEU over to Lybia.
    How is that Obama's fault?

Ghadafi needs to go? Good, why's it our responsibility?
    I said the same about Hussein. I was called a traitor for criticizing the president.

My brothers are dying every day in Afghanistan, but what do we hear about on the news every friggin day? Lybia, Charlie Sheen, and that snot nosed little bitch Lindsay Lohan.
    Because news organizations are for profit entities and for some odd reason, that is what the viewing public wants to see.

I'm telling you, we don't have the money to get involved any further than air support, and even then we don't really have the money for that.
    We didn't have the money to get involved in Iraq either. That didn't stop conservatives from supporting the president.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by edpmedic View Post
    I saw this on a t-shirt today, and I actually found it online, and found it a little funny:

Top 10 democratic Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to taxes and abortion.

9. We didn't destroy your freedoms; you can visit them at the Smithsonian.

8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europe.

7. Someday none of this will be yours.

6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?

5. Please don't vote us out! None of us can do real jobs!

4. Why the founding Fathers limited Government: Racism.

3. Reducing America's carbon footprint one job at a time.

2. America: We just can't wait to see how it ends!

1. Making everything in this country free except you.

TOP 15 New Slogans for the Republican Party

15. Putting the HIP back in Hypocrisy

14. Adultery with Dignity

13. $40 million is peanuts compared to what *they* want to give poor folks!

12. Moraler Than Thou!

11. Let's Get Ready To Stumblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!!

10. Please, at least our speaker of the house cries like a baby, Nancy never did.

9. 3% More Ethical Than the Other Guys (in our own party)

8. We Love to Pry, and it Shows

7. 1000 Points of Spite

6. LALALALA! We're Not Listening!!!!

5. Your choice, America: Vote Republican or roast in hell.

4. The New GOP -- Now with Black folks! Well, there goes the neighborhood.

3. Upholding Principle and Truth Since ? Well, we haven't quite figured this out yet, but who cares.

2. With our finger on the pulse of the American people, thanks to Fox news.

and the Number 1 New Slogan for the Republican Party...

1. I forgot, are we the elephants, or jackasses

Forum Member

Out of curiosity and respect, what exactly is your MOS??? Obviously you're a little clueless of the operations of the MEU's. I was with the 32nd MAU turned 22nd MAU, and finally reclassified/designated as the 22nd MEU. 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines. My MOS was 0311 for 6 yrs, then 0321, and finally 8654/0326. Before that, I was an 0811/0812.

With the deployment with the 26th MEU already there, the operations are from the ACE units, not the ground combat units. So no, there are no MEU ground pounders on the desert. As well, they are going to be relieved by the 22nd MEU sometime in April. Either way, no assault teams will be deployed on the ground, sans for rescue operations. ie: F15 Pilot and weapons officer that was rescued by an Osprey of the 26th MEU, loaded on the USS Kearsarge.

Your babbling, crying about money is a non issue. If your unit needs parts, then they will get them. Delayed a little, but you will get them. And this points back to what I asked first. Your MOS.

Just because I turn wrenches for a living now, doesn't mean I don't know what is going on with my Brothers. I am well informed.

FM1
    Edited because I consider FIREMECH a close friend on here and I don't see the need to argue when there is no right or wrong. It's my opinion and his opinion. I think we shouldn't be there, he does, oh well. I'll agree to disagree if you do brother.

But a couple of points that I have to clear up.

First, the 26th MEU was operating off of Pakistan on a humanitarian mission that was part of their tour. Kinda not very close to Lybia at all. They were only called to Lybia within this past month to join in operations in Lybia, so again, I stand by my comment that they brought in the MEU for more than just rescue missions. I might be wrong, but with Obama already giving the go for covert operations it kinda leads up to ground pounders going in eventually. But I never said they were already on the ground.

Second about the parts, delayed a little nothing brother, try three to four months short funds, no parts. Anyway, my MOS is 2847, I'm a ground communication tech, I fix ya'll comm when it goes down so you guys can talk to each other and not friendly fire each other like the Army is fond of doing, j/k. Oh, and no, I haven't been on a MEU, my buddies have, but I didn't get the chance, but that doesn't make me clueless. Ground comm techs go on MEU's too.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-31-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Forum Member

How is that Obama's fault?
    Because he's the one that agreed to air ops in Lybia.

I said the same about Hussein. I was called a traitor for criticizing the president.
    Hmmm, wasn't there for that, so why you bringing that up to argue with me?

Because news organizations are for profit entities and for some odd reason, that is what the viewing public wants to see.
    Oh well, that's what ****es us off.

We didn't have the money to get involved in Iraq either. That didn't stop conservatives from supporting the president.
    I don't like republicans either, read above. They all suck. I just think it's so funny that everyone hated Bush so much because of Iraq that they voted in a non-war president that's precariously close to getting us involved in yet another war. It's only a conflict right now, but it could be afull out war soon enough.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-31-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Forum Member

Because he's the one that agreed to air ops in Lybia.
    Hmmmm.....so because he ordered air ops in LIBYA, he is also to blame for a lack of spare parts? Ummm...okay.

Hmmm, wasn't there for that, so why you bringing that up to argue with me?
    Perspective.

Oh well, that's what ****es us off.
    The only news outlet that minimizes the gossip stories is NPR. And conservatives want to get rid of it claiming liberal bias. Yet when pressed for examples of liberal bias, they don't.

I don't like republicans either, read above. They all suck. I just think it's so funny that everyone hated Bush so much because of Iraq that they voted in a non-war president that's precariously close to getting us involved in yet another war. It's only a conflict right now, but it could be afull out war soon enough.
    Or maybe it won't.

Forum Member

FM1
    There are a lot of evil dictators in the world. There is Al-Bashr in Sudan, Kim Jong-Il in North Korea, and thats just for starters. When did it become our problem to bomb each and every country that is ruled by one? Gaddafi is just the tip of the iceberg.

Just imagine this was the United States in question. A group of citizens rebel, including a small contingent of soldiers and their equipment. They begin attacking government installations with military might and precision. What response would you expect from the US government? Precisely why I feel like we shouldn't have picked sides in the Libyan rebellion, who are we to say who is right, no matter how bad Gaddafi has been?

Forum Member

Or maybe it won't.
    You are extremely naive if you think this Libyan operation will only remain an air effort.

Forum Member

Hmmmm.....so because he ordered air ops in LIBYA, he is also to blame for a lack of spare parts? Ummm...okay.
    Wow, education where you're from that bad? You seem to have trouble reading don't you. My problem with him is that WE ARE BROKE ALREADY and now he is leading us into yet another conflict that we cannot afford. Hope that cleared it up for you as to what is his fault and what isn't.

Oh yeah, I never said anything about spare parts, I said REPAIR parts. We're not allowed to just keep spare parts on hand to make repairs.

Perspective.
    Well, to me it seems that you are accusing me of being one of those that attacked people that didn't agree with the Iraq war. Quite the opposite. I do however get highly offended when a person attacks our military because of said war. That's not fair at all.

As to how that puts any perspective, as you say, on the discussion at hand, especially between you and me, I have no idea.

I was in Iraq and quite personally, all of that bickering in the link you posted was quite pointless as we had already invaded, there was no turning back, no just up and leaving and letting the Iraqi people fend for themselves after WE made a huge mess of their country. Is that really where we want to go again with Lybia? That could very well be the scenario that plays out there.

The only news outlet that minimizes the gossip stories is NPR. And conservatives want to get rid of it claiming liberal bias. Yet when pressed for examples of liberal bias, they don't.
    OK, how about there racist comment towards whites and the Tea Party by one of CEO Vivian Schiller's executives that recently lead to her resignation. Not one bit of a liberal vibe there at all huh? All of the news outlets are the same, they have their own little agendas that are set by the CEO and executives of that company which tend to all be of a sinlge minded unity.

Or maybe it won't.
    Have you been asleep all of your life? We'll watch and we'll see. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But still, we can't police every oppressed country in the world. I'm sorry for those people, I really am. But it's time to take care of the American people, not babysit every third world country ruled by a dictator. Why all of a sudden, after nearly twenty years of not bothering Ghadafi, is it so damn important to remove him?

Hell, you could leave your kid with a total stranger. They might be a pedophile, the might not be, wanna take that chance?
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 04-01-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcwops View Post
    There are a lot of evil dictators in the world. There is Al-Bashr in Sudan, Kim Jong-Il in North Korea, and thats just for starters. When did it become our problem to bomb each and every country that is ruled by one? Gaddafi is just the tip of the iceberg.

Just imagine this was the United States in question. A group of citizens rebel, including a small contingent of soldiers and their equipment. They begin attacking government installations with military might and precision. What response would you expect from the US government? Precisely why I feel like we shouldn't have picked sides in the Libyan rebellion, who are we to say who is right, no matter how bad Gaddafi has been?
    Thank you, pretty much my whole point. Crap like this is what got people ****ed off to begin with and got the terrorist's attention on us to begin with.

I say if we are directly threatened, and I mean they attacked us in some way or there is undeniable proof that they are planning to attack, then fine, bomb their asses back to the stone age. But if it doesn't concern us, well, maybe we shouldn't be concerned about it.

Forum Member

Interesting. During the 80's, conservatives wanted Reagan to bomb Libya into smithereens. Now they openly criticize the president for attempting to do just that.

Forum Member

Wow, education where you're from that bad? You seem to have trouble reading don't you. My problem with him is that WE ARE BROKE ALREADY and now he is leading us into yet another conflict that we cannot afford. Hope that cleared it up for you as to what is his fault and what isn't.
    We couldn't afford Iraq. That didn't stop conservatives from demanding unconditional support of the president.

Oh yeah, I never said anything about spare parts, I said REPAIR parts. We're not allowed to just keep spare parts on hand to make repairs.
    Still not the president's fault.

Well, to me it seems that you are accusing me of being one of those that attacked people that didn't agree with the Iraq war. Quite the opposite. I do however get highly offended when a person attacks our military because of said war. That's not fair at all.
    I never attacked the military folks. Though if you read some of the comments on the link I posted you'll see that didn't stop anyone from calling me every unpatriotic name around.

As to how that puts any perspective, as you say, on the discussion at hand, especially between you and me, I have no idea.
    Okay.

I was in Iraq and quite personally, all of that bickering in the link you posted was quite pointless as we had already invaded, there was no turning back, no just up and leaving and letting the Iraqi people fend for themselves after WE made a huge mess of their country. Is that really where we want to go again with Lybia? That could very well be the scenario that plays out there.
    Or it could turn out for the better.

OK, how about there racist comment towards whites and the Tea Party by one of CEO Vivian Schiller's executives that recently lead to her resignation. Not one bit of a liberal vibe there at all huh? All of the news outlets are the same, they have their own little agendas that are set by the CEO and executives of that company which tend to all be of a sinlge minded unity.
    Via heavily edited video. Also, do you believe individuals aren't allowed to have personal opinions? Can you point to a story where this individual injected his personal bias?

Have you been asleep all of your life? We'll watch and we'll see. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But still, we can't police every oppressed country in the world. I'm sorry for those people, I really am. But it's time to take care of the American people, not babysit every third world country ruled by a dictator. Why all of a sudden, after nearly twenty years of not bothering Ghadafi, is it so damn important to remove him?
    I asked that question about Hussein.

Hell, you could leave your kid with a total stranger. They might be a pedophile, the might not be, wanna take that chance?
    My kids are grown. What's your point?

Forum Member

You are extremely naive if you think this Libyan operation will only remain an air effort.
    Could you please detail for us your crystal ball? Your argument is a hypothetical.

Forum Member

Edited because I consider FIREMECH a close friend on here and I don't see the need to argue when there is no right or wrong. It's my opinion and his opinion. I think we shouldn't be there, he does, oh well. I'll agree to disagree if you do brother.
    Honestly, I'd rather we were not involved. I'd rather see the 3rd world countries take care of their own, but they won't. They support the ousting of him, but don't want to ruffle the feathers of their "brothers". Chicken schit is what I call it. Make us look like the bad guys, yet approve of our involvement. pfffht

But a couple of points that I have to clear up.

First, the 26th MEU was operating off of Pakistan on a humanitarian mission that was part of their tour. Kinda not very close to Lybia at all. They were only called to Lybia within this past month to join in operations in Lybia, so again, I stand by my comment that they brought in the MEU for more than just rescue missions. I might be wrong, but with Obama already giving the go for covert operations it kinda leads up to ground pounders going in eventually. But I never said they were already on the ground.
    The only clandestine operations on the ground is from CIA agents working covert. The ground strength of the 26th MEU is small aboard the ships. They would need to send in more companies for any ground assault. That is not in the works for now. Obama's "trying" to hold the high ground by not implementing ground forces, that is why it isn't in a full strength MEU assault position. Same with the 22nd MEU to take over, small attachment of ground
    forces. Hopefully, the GCE's won't be needed for their primary role.

I don't know what you edited from you to me, originally. Doesn't matter. But know that I also consider you a Brother, and a friend.

FM1

Thread Information