Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scooby0066 View Post
    I seen res q tec has them.

I just prefer to deal with tom and the crew at turtle plastics.

I have had the opportunity to use his cribbing for a few years, it holds up great.. not a problem. My cribbing doesn't sit on a truck and used in emergencies.. its used weekly all over the north American Continent. Its abused and used in Heavy truck and equipment applications in addition to being cribbing bases for lifts well over 200 tons.. has worked flawlessly.

My intention is not to bad mouth another product here, but Ron asked what I seen, and thats what interested me... For all the turtle plastic faithful out there, they can now get that from them.. thats all.

I have nothing to say good or bad about res q tec. I can say though, that a dealer who was next to me at a trade show let me freely borrow the use of his generator to power my air compressor for air bag demos at my booth... as the power lead that I paid for (30 amp service) was not what it was supposed to be. To me, that shows a touch of class. I, in a way, was competition, he didn't have to do that

I guess I will also add, as I'm not one to hide anything.. and I see no reason to not just bring it out, Turtle plastics does sponsor my program. I used their product many years before they came onboard. I'm not one to take sponsors on just because. For the most part, our sponsors I consider to be a life long affiliation. I turn down many sponsor requests a year because I don't believe in the product or its just not a good fit in general for one reason or another. My gig with Matjack started in the late 80's, thats a long time to be affiliated with a product. I have always felt that above everything else, my integrity is whats most important.
    Don't know what triggered THAT avalanche. Just thought I had a leg up on you for a change. Guess I was WRONG. I don't mind that I don't have to set chocks or bag vehicles EVERYDAY. But I want my gear to work RELIABLY when I need it to. T.C.

Forum Member

TC I know u where just fooling around and nothing is really directed towards anyone.

I was taken back by the "re-invent" the wheel remark in the one reply.

In that case, when a manufacturer comes out with newer pumps, cutters and so on, they are just re-inventing the wheel??

when they come out with a new model of aerial.. are they re-inventing the wheel??

Top it off, there is no info on his profile. Many post here and offer slighted comments at times, when they are nothing more then a dealer or equivalent. They hide behind a profile that isn't truthful or filled out properly. They also will have their co-hert make a reply.

I moderate a board that sees on the average 20993 Avg visits per day, in addition to 400 posts daily. So when it comes to comments and shenanigans in posts, I'm pretty well versed.

My apologies to Ron, this is a good post. I was at the show, and didn't get the opportunity to see some things like the holmatcho tool along with other stuff as I had to work.

Forum Member

TC I know u where just fooling around and nothing is really directed towards anyone.

I was taken back by the "re-invent" the wheel remark in the one reply.

In that case, when a manufacturer comes out with newer pumps, cutters and so on, they are just re-inventing the wheel??

when they come out with a new model of aerial.. are they re-inventing the wheel??

Top it off, there is no info on his profile. Many post here and offer slighted comments at times, when they are nothing more then a dealer or equivalent. They hide behind a profile that isn't truthful or filled out properly. They also will have their co-hert make a reply.

I moderate a board that sees on the average 20993 Avg visits per day, in addition to 400 posts daily. So when it comes to comments and shenanigans in posts, I'm pretty well versed.

My apologies to Ron, this is a good post. I was at the show, and didn't get the opportunity to see some things like the holmatcho tool along with other stuff as I had to work.
    That's why I avoid that four letter word at SHOWS. I do 1 or 2 Fire SHOWS annually and it's to LEARN and catch up with old friends. As a VENDOR, not usually possible.

Forum Member

Default TNT PTO Powered Pump

I saw that TNT had two pumps that were powered by the Harrison generator system. I asked the TNT guys and they said is was NOT like the XRT. Their new pump is powered by a hydraulic manifold from the generator system. They had one on the floor.

I saw Harrison had a power unit in their booth as well.

Did anyone else see this or ask about this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hehateme View Post
    I saw that TNT had two pumps that were powered by the Harrison generator system. I asked the TNT guys and they said is was NOT like the XRT. Their new pump is powered by a hydraulic manifold from the generator system. They had one on the floor.

I saw Harrison had a power unit in their booth as well.

Did anyone else see this or ask about this?

I did see that, The representative at the Harrison booth said that all the tool manufacturers where approached, TNT was the only one to jump on board.

KNOWING that its a personal/departmental preference, i have never been a fan of hydraulic tools powered of the rescue. Then again, I believe modern rescue techniques have also called for the elimination of the tools staging area for most extrications.

But, for those that fully embrace the idea of tools ran of the rescue and hose reels, I would imagine its a great option. It definitely seemed to get some attention. i have some pics somewhere of it, I just have to find them

Forum Member

We do it a little different. Honda powered pump,two 65' reels. Pump is mounted in the Engine so by pulling one pin and rolling the tray out,you can make the unit PORTABLE. Best of both worlds. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 04-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Forum Member

My only thought on this has nothing to do with brand. I just feel that apparatus today spend way too much time in the fix it shop to attach anything to them. I guess I am just getting old, but with so many computers, electronic controls, emission management devices and the loads of other CRAP that are mandated, they just don't hold up like they used too. Our trucks purchased in the last ten years spend a third of the year in the shop, albeit for two - three days or week at a time, but too much!
    I don't see it as a wise decision to tie up any extra money or equipment in something you can't use all the time, unless it is easily moved from one rig to another. It is a great idea if the trucks were built like they once were, back when all we did was change the oil regularly for 20 years and repack the pump seals now and again.
    But, I never thought I'd be typing on a computer then either...

I guess I will go take my fiber pill, put the BenGay ointment on my achy knees and back and go to bed before it gets too late.................

Forum Member

sharp edge protection
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by williambettonviel; 04-12-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Forum Member

Default sharp edges and RescueProtectionSet.com

Quote Originally Posted by rmoore View Post
    At FDIC, there were three companies selling what is referred to as a "glass management product". The three products, ProtectoWrap, Packexe, and GlassKeeper, are all adhesive materials designed to be applied to a window to help contain tempered glass when you break it. I'll show pictures of each but want to mention one now; ProtectoWrap.

What was unique about this one of the three products is that it was the thickest material; 25 mils. It was however the only one of the three that was not see-through clear. What catches my eye about ProtectoWrap was that its' thickness allows it to do a great job as 'sharps protection'. I photographed one of the cars that was used for extrication training during the conference where ProtectoWrap had been applied to the cut A-pillar and the base of the B-pillar.

I like what I see. A distinct bright yellow & red color, a thick 25 mil material, and an adhesive that works in the wet, the cold, and the heat. In fact, once pressed firmly onto the metal of a car, it's quite an effort get it off if you're trying to show its' holding power.

Anyway, here are two examples of how this product designed for glass management during tempered window breaking can assist with making the scene safer as well.
    Hello mr. R.Moore,

For glassmanagement a very good product but for the sharp edges it will not work properly. For the right way have a look at our website, www.rescueprotectionset.com and let me now your opinion. We have also a very new product in the same line to protect the victim/patient during an extrication. At the FDIC we were presented by TenCate.

Regarding forward to have contact with you.

William Bettonviel
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by williambettonviel; 04-12-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Forum Member

Nice advertisement.....have you read the T.o.S. lately?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

KNOWING that its a personal/departmental preference, i have never been a fan of hydraulic tools powered of the rescue. Then again, I believe modern rescue techniques have also called for the elimination of the tools staging area for most extrications.
    Can you explain that a little bit more? Not so much the Apparatus-powered tools, which is explained later.. but how modern techniques remove the need to stage tools.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information