Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Waterous Valve repair

I have been searching online for some tech tips on rebuilding a 2.5 Waterous valve and just my luck the links on Waterous.com go to a dead end. Does anybody know of a link to some reading material in this regard?

Forum Member

No. but if you send me a fax number I'll fax you their instruction sheets plus some of the things I've learned from doing them, plus at least one mistake I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by 444fire View Post
    I have been searching online for some tech tips on rebuilding a 2.5 Waterous valve and just my luck the links on Waterous.com go to a dead end. Does anybody know of a link to some reading material in this regard?
    More than likely the valve isn't a waterous valve. More than likely, it is either an Akron Brass valve or an Elkhart valve. Since your referring to a 2.5" valve, I'll assume your talking about a discharge ball valve. If so, I'm including 2 links for how to rebuild the valve. One will be from Akron, the other from Elkhart. Both are very similar. If you need some tips, let me know.

Akron valve: http://www.akronbrass.com/uploadedFi...0111%20FSK.pdf

http://www.akronbrass.com/uploadedFi...I-9138_FSK.pdf

Elkhart valve: http://www.elkhartbrass.com/files/aa...n_Seal_Kit.pdf

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

MembersZone Subscriber

FM - Pierce is good at using Waterous valves on their 2 1/2 side discharges. I have three such units to have the bad luck of working on with that set up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    FM - Pierce is good at using Waterous valves on their 2 1/2 side discharges. I have three such units to have the bad luck of working on with that set up.
    Correct. For many, many years Pierce would order Waterous pumps with Waterous valves for the side 2-1/2" discharges. The rack and pinion valve handle saved them time rodding them and provided smooth and straight actuation. That may have changed when they started selling Hale pumps in addition to Waterous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    Correct. For many, many years Pierce would order Waterous pumps with Waterous valves for the side 2-1/2" discharges. The rack and pinion valve handle saved them time rodding them and provided smooth and straight actuation. That may have changed when they started selling Hale pumps in addition to Waterous.
    We have a 98 with a Waterous pump and side discharge valves.

I've got 2 Peaches, and both of them have Akron valves all around.

As a disclaimer, I've never seen a Waterous valve installed on any of my rigs, even dating back to 1982. So yeah, I learned something new.... again.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

MembersZone Subscriber CKirk922's Avatar

Our 1978 attack truck has a waterous two stage with waterous valves. It has been historically a B to work on them. We had another go bad last year and we just dead ended the line rather than put more cash and pain into what is now a very heavy brush truck.. I know this did not help but I feel your pain.
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Thread Information