Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 135

Thread: Phoenix FD

  1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    166

    Default Phoenix FD

    Their site was updated today...

    http://www.phoenix.gov/joinpfd/fftesting.html


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Impressive, most impressive.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    115

    Default

    nice, very nice

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I'm extremely excited about this. They are such a great department!

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    166

    Default

    i'm gonna go ahead and get in on the ground floor and say about 5000 applicants for this one boys...

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm gonna go 6-8k

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Gonna be crazy! ggod luck to all

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    how many do you think they'll hire approx?

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allen TX
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Great news. I will be testing there for sure. Although odds are pretty stacked against you, as there will be TONS of applicants.

    Worth a shot.

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    166

    Default

    well with their second SAFER grant of 6.8mil I'd say they could hire around 30-40 if they really wanted to...

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I'm gonna be proactive and post this before people start asking...

    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER COMPLETION OF MY PROBATION?
    Following successful completion of the probationary period, all firefighters are then assigned to
    emergency medical transportation duty for 200 shifts. Following this period, firefighters will be assigned to fire companies.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    They're hiring 42 fire fighters. They're technically hiring 35 for the academy, because they have 7 red shirts who have seniority and a spot already set for this academy. They'll hire 7 new red shirts from this testing process though.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OHFirestopper View Post
    I'm gonna be proactive and post this before people start asking...

    WHAT HAPPENS AFTER COMPLETION OF MY PROBATION?
    Following successful completion of the probationary period, all firefighters are then assigned to
    emergency medical transportation duty for 200 shifts. Following this period, firefighters will be assigned to fire companies.
    If they are lucky. Hell most people float for around 1-2 years before they get an actual assignment, and then every time they get promoted they have to rove again.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    How often does the city have an application process? How long does the list last? How many are expected to retire in the upcoming years? I plan on testing, and I'm a military veteran(USAF Firefighter).

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    After probation you will rove on engines, ladders, and rescues (ambulance), depending on staffing needs for that day... in other words you will bounce around the city from station to station until you get an official spot. Everyone "owes" 200 rescue shifts, but how fast that gets done varies from person to person.

    In the past there was a testing process every year, this will be the first test since 2008 or 2009.

    At least 50 will retire in 2011

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber BigBruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phx123 View Post
    After probation you will rove on engines, ladders, and rescues (ambulance), depending on staffing needs for that day... in other words you will bounce around the city from station to station until you get an official spot. Everyone "owes" 200 rescue shifts, but how fast that gets done varies from person to person.

    In the past there was a testing process every year, this will be the first test since 2008 or 2009.

    At least 50 will retire in 2011
    With the current 160+ vacancies (according to news reports) and the 50 to retire in 2011, this looks like a pretty great list to be on!
    Last edited by BigBruno; 03-29-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more info

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Thanks for the quick reply Phx123, and BigBruno!

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Peterbound's right. I have a few friends who were hired in 2007 and are still roving. Open spots get filled by seniority first.

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airforcefiredawg View Post
    How often does the city have an application process? How long does the list last? How many are expected to retire in the upcoming years? I plan on testing, and I'm a military veteran(USAF Firefighter).
    Good god man change your name. AirForceFireDawg? Really? That crap was ridiculous when i was in, and that was a couple of years ago.

  20. #20
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    What is the oldest recruit that anyone knows phoenix has hired? Curious, as I know my rascal scooter keeps me very mobile, and I'm used to not being able to see! . seriously though, although middle aged I am in great shape and work out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 10-14-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:26 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 08-02-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 10:18 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 05-10-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 08:33 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 08-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 09:08 AM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 12-30-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 07:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts