Forum Member

Default Nursing homes in Georgia

As a FF/EMT I've seen both the good and bads in nursing homes and retirement facilities. As such, I figured who better to ask than other FF/EMT's about what they've seen as I feel this is a much better review than the ones posted on the facilities websites.

My grandmother and dad's side of the family currently resides near Cochran, Ga. He is trying to find a retirement home, however I'm suggesting assisted living since she's showing early signs of Alzheimers. Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings for any facilities near Cochran Georgia?

Thanks.

Feel free to PM me instead if you don't want to publicly post your thoughts, as I know negative reviews of facilities we respond to are generally frowned upon publicly.

Forum Member

Some are great and some aren't so great.

Usually the 11-7 shift they may be only two nurses making rounds for an entire floor or wing. This is OK if your family member can help their self some.

I've been to these homes on calls at 0230 and the patient had passed, but was OK when the nurse check on them at 2330.

Usually once you have put them in a home or hospice, it is usually weeks or days before they are gone.

My family already knows not to stick me in one of these when I get old or can't take care of myself.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

If you can find any, talk to any Private Care personell that might work at ANY of the local retirement/assisted living facilities. These men and women are not employees of such companies and see much more than the facility management thinks we do, both from the employees and the management.

One of the Alzheimer's clients we had was at the same assisted living facility for over a decade and we took care of her the entire time. That's a lot of change to be witness to in such a place. Best of luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftwaterRescue615 View Post
    As a FF/EMT I've seen both the good and bads in nursing homes and retirement facilities. As such, I figured who better to ask than other FF/EMT's about what they've seen as I feel this is a much better review than the ones posted on the facilities websites.

My grandmother and dad's side of the family currently resides near Cochran, Ga. He is trying to find a retirement home, however I'm suggesting assisted living since she's showing early signs of Alzheimers. Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings for any facilities near Cochran Georgia?

Thanks.

Feel free to PM me instead if you don't want to publicly post your thoughts, as I know negative reviews of facilities we respond to are generally frowned upon publicly.
    Last edited by firecat1; 03-30-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Thread Information