Forum Member

Default Pre-incident surveys

Hey all. Just looking at what different departments do for Pre-incident surveys. I have been doing some reading up on this, and believe it is important. I know my department does not do it, at all, and I feel even though we are a smaller department, we need to start. We even have a school in our district, which is a building that should have it, am I right? Does anyone have a standard form in which they use to do their sketches and write down all the necessary information? I want to get involved in this, but I want to do it in an orderly, military fashion. I guess I'm just lacking in some formatting. Any input? Thanks guys!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigNozzlePumper View Post
    Hey all. Just looking at what different departments do for Pre-incident surveys. I have been doing some reading up on this, and believe it is important. I know my department does not do it, at all, and I feel even though we are a smaller department, we need to start. We even have a school in our district, which is a building that should have it, am I right? Does anyone have a standard form in which they use to do their sketches and write down all the necessary information? I want to get involved in this, but I want to do it in an orderly, military fashion. I guess I'm just lacking in some formatting. Any input? Thanks guys!!
    That is a good question. If someone sends you a form/copy, I too would like to see it.

jam24u@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Sincere deep sarcasm intended... We got our *****es burnt (pun intended) last night on a hotel less than a mile from our south station. We had trouble evacuating, finding the master key, ect,ect,ect. We need to bone up on our preplan material and inspections, too. Three cheers for your efforts. Seriously.
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh, we did get a GREAT knockdown. I guess it isn't all bad.
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Forum Member

Digital camera works great

Forum Member

Cool

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you very much. This has been very helpful. I return from Afghanistan tomorrow night, and meet with the Chief on Sunday to draw my pager and key again. I will mention it to him, and bring these in at the next meeting. I really do appreciate it. I think Pre-incident surveys are lost on a lot of the smaller departments, and I believe they need to be done more. This has been my 3rd vol. FD, and none so far have done it. So thanks again, I hope I can convince my leadership to get involved. And anyone else that has anything to add, feel free. The more material I have at the meeting, the better!!

Thread Information