Forum Member

Default Need Opinions on different brand bunker gear.

Does anyone have any information about different bunker gear brands regarding opinions, Pros-Cons, must haves, class 1/2 harness (Morning Pride, Globe, Jainesville, and FireDex)?

makes good girls go bad

Globe G-Xtreme with IH pants. (Integrated harness) The newest version released is designed for the Petzel EXO decender, the gear seriously moves WITH you. All their ads are NOT BS. I am not paid or endorsed by globe. Although I should be. I wear Morning Pride at my dept, and I bought Globe when I was a volunteer, since the gear they issued me sucked. I WISH I could wear my Globe at work. Add Dragon Hide to the knees and cuffs, and the padded knees make crawling a breeze. Not to mention the customer service I got with Globe was second to none.
    Hands down dude, go with Globe!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Globe G-Xtreme with IH pants. (Integrated harness) The newest version released is designed for the Petzel EXO decender, the gear seriously moves WITH you. All their ads are NOT BS. I am not paid or endorsed by globe. Although I should be. I wear Morning Pride at my dept, and I bought Globe when I was a volunteer, since the gear they issued me sucked. I WISH I could wear my Globe at work. Add Dragon Hide to the knees and cuffs, and the padded knees make crawling a breeze. Not to mention the customer service I got with Globe was second to none.
    TOTALLY agree with everything he said! Also look at the Cairns ReaXtion, it's identical to the Globe G-Xtreme, but cheaper, but has a different collar and pants pockets. I personally like the collar better, and the cost savings are significant. Either way, you can't go wrong with either....both are the best gear I've ever used!

Forum Member

I'm glad you guys said that. My dept. just received a grant and we narrowed the choice to Globe and Morning Pride. So far, Globe really felt great all around and the dragon skin with the knee pads really made a difference. Price initially was a bit over the grant budget but Globe is willing to work it out to make the deal. They are also going to include their boots which I thought were by far phenomenal. I've never heard much about Globe because most dept. around us carry Morning Pride. But it definitely sold itself. Hoping the deal will go through.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post

You really like those pants? That is what I wear and I can't wait to get rid of them. Besides being uncomfortable the loops for your descender have to be unbuttoned prior to dressing out or else you'll never be able to get to them without undoing your air pack straps and trying to find them under your jacket. I was wearing them with the loops out and a beener attached but I kept getting hung up in training. I have been wearing them for about 4 years and I think the "idea" is good but the execution is poor. I would NOT recommend them. Instead I bought a Pac Mule belt.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

makes good girls go bad

LOVE them. I can't stand my MP gear at work.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

These are the pants your talking about right

http://globeturnoutgear.com/globe/products/ih-pants

I don't go back to work until Monday but I'm pretty sure that the pants don't actually say Globe. The manual for them, along with the jacket, say Globe but I'll let you know Monday. I think the ones I have were the first generation. I still don't like the fact that the loops are basically imposable to get to when you are fully bunkered out which is why I stand behind my statement that they are useless for bailout unless you already have them out. The problem is that when they are out they snag on everything. Ft. Lauderdale had gear with a harness sown into the pants which was great. I totally love my Pack Mule belt and have not had a single problem with it during RIT, air management and personal survival training. Good chattin with you again bro!

BTW I'm editing this to say that the configeration of my pants is slightly different than those pictured, I'll try to remember to snap a pic of mine for you on Mon.
    Last edited by Firemedic 61; 04-15-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: see text
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

makes good girls go bad

Yup, thats it. I bought em back in 06, and I leave them rigged up and ready to go with a biner, fig 8 decender, and 50ft of Technora rope attached to a Crosby hook. Never had issues with them on a fire or in training.
    Good to see ya around here again!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Looks like we'll be going with Globe. Now the question is if our chief will get the class I or II I.H.

Forum Member

Currently my deparment has been using Morning pride with the integrated harness for the past year or so. I dont mind it, but after trying on Globes new stuff, i was very impressed. We have 4 individuals that are testing out Globes new gear, and they have nothing but good things to say about it. It looks awesome in every sense. I wish i could remember what model the jacket and pants were, but it was much lighter, and literally moved with you. The pants didnt rise up about your boots, and there was no restriction in the knees or in the elbows of the jacket.
    "You haven't lived until you've found something worth dying for."

Forum Member

Alright guys, now that we have the globe gear all set up, we planned on getting the globe boots, after trying them on they felt phenomenal. But, after speaking with quite a few people, they have mentioned that they do not last. Does anyone know if this is true regarding the integrity of the boots? Please layout the input and recommendations. thx guys.

Thread Information