Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Prince William County

Passed CPAT ... Good exit interview ... Waiting for my polygraph ... Any updates?

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone else set up for a chief interview? Seems like the last step. They are being very cool with me and doing it over the phone, since I'm 500 miles away

Forum Member

Passed the Poly and CPAT in late march and still haven't heard any thing yet. Has any one else heard from PWC?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just accepted job offer today from them for next academy

MembersZone Subscriber

does anyone know if PWC uses the Kelly schedule or do they use a 1 on 2 off system? Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Prince William uses a 24 on 48 off with a kelly day in between. They also use a double kelly day some where in there. They also do a 12 hour rotation in some of the volley stations that have night time crews.

Forum Member

Has anyone else heard yes/no from PWC yet? I am still waiting...hopefully this week...I'm from CA so I hope I hear soon since I've got a long way to move!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_leauges View Post
    Just accepted job offer today from them for next academy
    Congrats!! Hopefully I will see you there! Still waiting...

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not sure what's up with academy. I know it starts July 25, but they are having some of us start June 20th and start early. Very excited, but I have 2 weeks to move from MI. But the Chief already did interviews, maybe just for medics.

Thanks for the help on schedule. I used to work the 3 out of 5 with 4 days off at the end. I don't think this will be hard to get used to at all.

Forum Member

I'm not sure what's up with academy. I know it starts July 25, but they are having some of us start June 20th and start early. Very excited, but I have 2 weeks to move from MI. But the Chief already did interviews, maybe just for medics.

Thanks for the help on schedule. I used to work the 3 out of 5 with 4 days off at the end. I don't think this will be hard to get used to at all.
    They did my interview via phone last month too - I really appreciated that...so helpful, since flying to VA from CA isn't exactly cheap.

Thanks for the info on the academy dates - I wasn't certain on the start date in July, so that's good to know - thanks. For FF/EMT I know they were still making decisions as of a couple of weeks ago, so we'll see...keeping my fingers crossed!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya, I'm not sure what we will be doing the month ahead. I don't care, I'm just fired up to get going

Forum Member

Ya, I'm not sure what we will be doing the month ahead. I don't care, I'm just fired up to get going
    Understandably!! Happy for you - best of luck!! Who knows, maybe we'll be working together!

Forum Member

Anybody applying for Firefighter/EMT hear anything after their psych evaluation yet? It's been 2 weeks since mine and haven't heard anything. Am starting to get nervous...

Forum Member

Default Firefighter/EMT...

Quote Originally Posted by jano_drevo View Post
    Anybody applying for Firefighter/EMT hear anything after their psych evaluation yet? It's been 2 weeks since mine and haven't heard anything. Am starting to get nervous...
    I finished my poly/psych etc (did it all in a week) at the end of April - I called about 3 weeks ago and they were still making decisions. I'm nervous/excited, but am still expecting to hear any day... Someone mentioned that the academy doesn't start until late July, so it may still be a little while... We should hear regardless, so it's not really anything to be nervous about...not that it stops me Since I live in California, I sure hope I hear soon!! That's a long way to move!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kabrown27 View Post
    I finished my poly/psych etc (did it all in a week) at the end of April - I called about 3 weeks ago and they were still making decisions. I'm nervous/excited, but am still expecting to hear any day... Someone mentioned that the academy doesn't start until late July, so it may still be a little while... We should hear regardless, so it's not really anything to be nervous about...not that it stops me Since I live in California, I sure hope I hear soon!! That's a long way to move!
    Yeah, the academy starts July 25th. So, there is still plenty of time. I just don't like this waiting game. When I spoke with HR they said the next step of the process was the medical exam... but it sounds like we'll have a chief interview before then?

MembersZone Subscriber

I did my medical in early April, then the Chief's interview was on June 1. Not sure how it works here out...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jano_drevo View Post
    Yeah, the academy starts July 25th. So, there is still plenty of time. I just don't like this waiting game. When I spoke with HR they said the next step of the process was the medical exam... but it sounds like we'll have a chief interview before then?
    Gotcha. I don't like the waiting game either...makes things more than a little bit stressful. I did my medical back in April. I haven't heard any details about the chief's interview. I was told to "keep my phone charged up and keep checking my e-mail" so that's what I'm doing

Forum Member

Anybody heard anything yet?

Forum Member

A lot of the engines run "day work" 6am -6pm with a rotating kelly.
    Medic units are 24 hour, except 2.

Good luck guys, it's worth it!

Forum Member

I got a letter today...no luck for me this time around. I'm going to resubmit for the next academy as part of their Jan '12 hiring process. Good luck all and congrats to those who have been hired

Thread Information