Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    There you go. Doesn't happen unless in a Wi city.
    You are hysterical. What are you a 13 year old girl?

I never told you NOT to do whatever the hell it is you wanted to do. You asked for opinions and I gave mine and in your usual cry baby whiney *** mode because everyone didn't jump up and tell you you are a f**king genius you got all ****y.

Flat out here it is. IF you are the chief (heaven help your guys if you are because you must be an absolute joy to work for if anyone disagrees with you) order the storz couplings on your next hose purchase. Step up, have the balls to be radical, and just do it. While you're at it put it on reels too.

Now come back and post some ignorant crap about how I am saying you shouldn't do whatever you want to.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Non Educated Iowan Out Wandering Around.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Dont invent a problem , just so you can come up with a solution. I cant think of a single time ,that the seconds that it took to couple a hose ,made any difference in the outcome.
    ?

MembersZone Subscriber

I am confused. A common state for me I am afraid.

A couple of times it is mentioned that people have rolled attack lines? Not on a reel, but rolled. Why?

Also it has been mentioned that Storz lines being sexless make it easier to add lines, or unroll and hook up. Why? Don't you roll all your hose the same way? Seems to me even someone with the IQ of a dolt would be able to know that when you throw a roll that the threaded end will be at the far end and the female end with you - EVERY TIME, unless you can't remember how to roll your hose.

But no preconnects?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are hysterical. What are you a 13 year old girl?

I never told you NOT to do whatever the hell it is you wanted to do. You asked for opinions and I gave mine and in your usual cry baby whiney *** mode because everyone didn't jump up and tell you you are a f**king genius you got all ****y.

Flat out here it is. IF you are the chief (heaven help your guys if you are because you must be an absolute joy to work for if anyone disagrees with you) order the storz couplings on your next hose purchase. Step up, have the balls to be radical, and just do it. While you're at it put it on reels too.

Now come back and post some ignorant crap about how I am saying you shouldn't do whatever you want to.
    Yes, you gave your opinion seveal times. Got it, you have not used Storz other than on LDH. Unless you know FD that are using such, or formerly used, then thanks for sharing.

Forum Member

Yes, you gave your opinion seveal times. Got it, you have not used Storz other than on LDH. Unless you know FD that are using such, or formerly used, then thanks for sharing.
    Again, let me type his REALLY slow for you so maybe you can comprehend it.
    1) Obviously the set-up of storz couplings on all sizes of hose works since the Europeans have been doing it for decades.
    2) My point cearly was and remains, if you run a lot of mutual aid, and you have made it clear you do, then why would you want to buy hose that no one else could hook to, or pump to you through, without another set of adapters being needed?

To me it is that simple and as of yet it is a direct question you have avoided over and over. You have chosen instead to turn this into some kind of playground vendetta posting dumb *** comments about me and Wisconsin. If you can't answer the question it seems this idea by you has been as well thought out as running former air force tarmac tenders overloaded and underbraked.

Have a nice day.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

on the plus side if you do go storz attack line, you can get a bunch of really nifty adapters

MembersZone Subscriber

Every had a time when your mother-in-law wouldn't just go home?

Still interested it FD that use Storz on 2-1/2". US or Euro.

Forum Member

Every had a time when your mother-in-law wouldn't just go home?

Still interested it FD that use Storz on 2-1/2". US or Euro.
    On my last department where we converted all the 1 3/4" to storz (described above) we never did convert the 2 1/2" for interoperability reasons (truck to truck supply).
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Back In Black

Questions/concerns:

Cost? If its more then no.

Interop? This is a resounding NO. Can we get the same g-damn thread first?

Weight? Gotta weigh more, right?

Just don't see the need.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

It's called National Standard Thread for a reason.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    It's called National Standard Thread for a reason.
    Amen, brother... wish it were true.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know. Cons include

1. BIG coupling. One has to think it could get hung up easier.

2. Cost.

3. Interoperability. (unless you really believe that you are such a leader of the pack department that the others around you will follow suit. How many of your other ideas are adopted if it costs money by your surrounding departments?)

4. Harder to put in any hoselay.

5. That one in a million chance that it may be used to find ones way out of a fire by the sex of the coupling.

6. LAF thinks they are a good idea.

7. Weight.

Pros include

1. Quicker to mate.

I don't know, it seems kind of murky to me.... NOT

Forum Member

Look, just like every other time neiowa comes in here with an offbeat idea he doesn't want to hear any negative thoughts about it. He only wants validation for his idea and he will continue to post until he gets enough people that have tried his idea and it worked for them. Even if the overwhelming majority point out multiple reasons why that idea is not practical he will not listen.

I suggested over a week ago he just grow a pair and just buy the storz coupled hose if he wants it. Yet here he is still looking for validation...

My bet is that in the average crosslay bed those monster size couplings will not fit properly and heaven help you if the coupling has to flip to clear the bed depending on which side you pull the load off from.
    Last edited by FyredUp; 04-18-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Maybe it's not too late

MembersZone Subscriber

Can you imagine if one of those monsters hit someone?

But if course, that would never happen.

Forum Member

In France and Belgium we use DSP (french wikipedia Raccord symétrique Guillemin http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccord_Guillemin). We carry a few DSP-Storz connectors in our engine because we find some Storz couplings in old high rises and boats. We do use Storz for very LDH (3000 gpm (12000lpm) over a distance of 2 miles at a pressure of 150psi (10bar)) as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8YtWImh2Iw

Our attacklines are all donut rolls but more and more departments are using all types of way to fold hose (Z and O type). The idea is to do away with the booster reel in the long run and go interior with a high flow attack line.

I believe that the German centered countries use Storz for attack lines. I have no idea about what they use in the UK.

Btw, if you need a European feel free to PM me.

Forum Member

So, reading this, it comes down to this....

Those that have actually used Stortz on attack lines state they have had none of the problems mentioned by those that have never actually used them. Those that have not actually used such a setup suggested some possible issues, that those who used the setup have not found to happen.

National Standard Thread. hmmm, another national standard that isn't a true standard item......
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    So, reading this, it comes down to this....

Those that have actually used Stortz on attack lines state they have had none of the problems mentioned by those that have never actually used them. Those that have not actually used such a setup suggested some possible issues, that those who used the setup have not found to happen.

National Standard Thread. hmmm, another national standard that isn't a true standard item......
    Where's the LIKE button?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Can you imagine if one of those monsters hit someone?

But if course, that would never happen.
    The storz coupling on an 1 3/4" is generally, or at least in our case, was made of lightweight aluminum, and was not much heavier than a "traditional" coupling.

They also were not much larger and created no problems in loading onto a hosebed.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information