Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

MembersZone Subscriber

After the hose drag I didn't complain about it.

Forum Member

Well I heard they are gong to start a December class with about approx. 35. So the 2011 test will apply for June/July next year. I know that they are finishing up the FOAM/PCT, but I can't wait for results or any other information to come out to see how many passed?!? If you go to youtube, you can view the July 2011 Firefighter Commencement of the December 2010 candidates. The June 2011 class is in the stands when they come marching in.

IrishWife
    Firehouse.com Guest

You can view the entire Commencement ceremony for the Dec 2010 class on the City of Columbus TV website. http://ctv.columbus.gov/content.aspx?id=44178

Forum Member

Default Oral Boards

I have my oral boards coming this week for CFD Dec 2011 class. Any ideas what its like? Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

does anyone who just finished FOAM and PCT know when we will find out what next steps are or what band we finished in? Thanks Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bbell1977 View Post
    does anyone who just finished FOAM and PCT know when we will find out what next steps are or what band we finished in? Thanks Forum.
    I was told November. Gonna take a little bit to grade the FOAM one would imagine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is anyone in the process from 2006??? How far???

IrishWife
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know one person who just completed his stress test last week. He has one final test, the psych eval, before he's elligible for an offer to be in the December 2011 class.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am turning in my background packet tomorrow. Don't know if I really have a shot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by toddrat1 View Post
    I am turning in my background packet tomorrow. Don't know if I really have a shot.
    If they've asked you to turn it in, you have a shot. It costs the city a lot of money to put you through the process, so they won't do it for nothing. I've heard recently that they're upping the December class from 30 to 50, and possibly even 60, like the current class. Keep us updated as you go through the process. Being that it starts in December, I'm guessing the next steps for you are going to happen real fast.

Good Luck!

Forum Member

I am from the 2006 exam. Completed my psych evaluation/interview a week or two ago...now just waiting to find out the results. Keeping my fingers crossed that its good news. Good Luck to everyone waiting to receive their results from the FOAM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tall guy View Post
    I am from the 2006 exam. Completed my psych evaluation/interview a week or two ago...now just waiting to find out the results. Keeping my fingers crossed that its good news. Good Luck to everyone waiting to receive their results from the FOAM.
    Good luck man. If you don't hear back in a couple weeks, I'd give them a call, at least just to verify that you passed the psych. I heard official offers won't go out until possibly October, and you don't want to wait another month to find out yay or nay.

Let us know what you hear.

Forum Member

Hello,
    I'm new to the boards as well as the Columbus area. I know the application window just closed at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know if and when it will be opening up again?

I'm currently on the law enforcement side of things and looking to possibly to cross over if at all possible.

Thanks,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by redhed81 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to the boards as well as the Columbus area. I know the application window just closed at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know if and when it will be opening up again?

I'm currently on the law enforcement side of things and looking to possibly to cross over if at all possible.

Thanks,
    Ken

You might want to check here and be govern by what you find.

https://csc.columbus.gov/webapp/
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Jamo, Your in class right now, right??? I was hoping to get in the june class but missed it by a couple of people. They did however call me and want me to start the next day....well anyway, to all of you who are in the process now I hope it goes fast for you! Mine went fast 3 months ago, now its a waiting game! Hope to see you all in December!!!!!

Forum Member

Few more short weeks and we will get our results and know what band we are placed in!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi Forum-Do you guys happen to know if Coumbus Fire lets out of state applicants do some of the remaining steps from home? For exapmle, I have a buddy on the state police who could hook me up with a polygraph. Can you do that from home or do you have to do it in Columbus? Just asking.

Forum Member

Hi Forum-Do you guys happen to know if Coumbus Fire lets out of state applicants do some of the remaining steps from home? For exapmle, I have a buddy on the state police who could hook me up with a polygraph. Can you do that from home or do you have to do it in Columbus? Just asking.
    I'm almost positive you have to do everything in Columbus.

Forum Member

Everything is done in Columbus, but they usually try and group things up for out-of-towners. So, maybe if you make mention of it you could get a couple of the steps combined in a couple days.

Forum Member

Logistically, it will be difficult for them to lump things together. The poly, medical, stress, and psych are all done by outside agencies. The oral is a board involving three fire personnel. To coordinate any 2 of these items, which are all time consuming, would be a tough burden to the background unit. I will say that Columbus is the most professional and understanding group of fire recruitment/background individuals I have dealt with, so I would definitely let them know that you are an out-of-towner.

Thread Information