Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    what was your FOAM score?
    my foam score placed me in the 90 band, but I was wondering how high up, like 253 or 116, etc (placement within the band). I thought maybe that information was available somewhere. I am surprised that 103 got #15. It seemed like I heard of a bunch of people getting above 100. Don't get me wrong, I'm just happy to have a good chance to move on, but I was just wondering exactly where I stand out of curiousity.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by franel29 View Post
    my foam score placed me in the 90 band, but I was wondering how high up, like 253 or 116, etc (placement within the band). I thought maybe that information was available somewhere. I am surprised that 103 got #15. It seemed like I heard of a bunch of people getting above 100. Don't get me wrong, I'm just happy to have a good chance to move on, but I was just wondering exactly where I stand out of curiousity.
    you should have gotten a score too.. it reads like this...

Your Score: XX.000

Your Band: 90

your placement is based on "your score".

Forum Member

so this is the first test i've taken and scored a 101. was the FOAM not out of 100? does anybody know what the highest score was?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eku64ff826 View Post
    so this is the first test i've taken and scored a 101. was the FOAM not out of 100? does anybody know what the highest score was?
    check out past posts in this forum.. high score was 116.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    check out past posts in this forum.. high score was 116.
    thanks. i had looked back and read pretty much everything here. it just seemed like there was some uncertainty between posts on what the actual highest score was and how many scored above 100. im assuming there isnt any way to find out for sure where on the last that will place me is there?

Forum Member

thanks. i had looked back and read pretty much everything here. it just seemed like there was some uncertainty between posts on what the actual highest score was and how many scored above 100. im assuming there isnt any way to find out for sure where on the last that will place me is there?
    I heard that the current list is posted in some columbus firehouses and that if you know someone on the job, he/she can check for you.

I don't know how many scored above 100, but it doesn't seem to be that many. (see above posts)

I was wondering the same thing as you about specific placement on the list. Without having someone check the list for you, you can estimate by looking at people who know their placement and posted their score. Powerlifter stated above that he was #15 with a score of 103.

I am not sure if people are tied for spots.

Hope this helps. Check the above posts for more information, as some people (including myself) had/has the same questions. Congrats on your score and good luck moving on with the process.

Forum Member

Thanks franel29. If I find out anything else I'll put it up here. I appreciate the info

Forum Member

With a score of 101 you should be processed for a opportunity for the next class as long as you are in great shape and your background is clean you should have a great chance of getting your dream job.

Forum Member

Man I hope so it would be a great job.

Forum Member

Powerlifter how and when did you find out your rank number? I called Civil Service, Dept of Public safety and talked to background and they all said that your score is your score and there is no rank#. I was just curious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bake89 View Post
    Powerlifter how and when did you find out your rank number? I called Civil Service, Dept of Public safety and talked to background and they all said that your score is your score and there is no rank#. I was just curious.
    Somebody had mentioned before that some of the stations had the list and if you knew somebody in the department they could look for you. I dont know if that's how powerlifter found out but I'd definitely love to know, too haha

Forum Member

eku64ff826, I have a friend that has been on for 5years. He's working today and said that he hasn't seen or heard anything about lists being posted. So who knows. I just want to know how he got a rank # when 3 separate divisions said they don't rank us. I'm in the 90 band and that's all they said matters.

Forum Member

Yes, the list is in some of the firehouse. Your number in the band you are placed in would look like 90.001, 90.002 90.003 ect...... There where quite a few in the 90 band and that scored over 100.

Forum Member

Well I'm happy with my score, mostly just getting ansty and curious for the next step. If they are in the firehouses then I don't suppose there is a way to find the scores without knowing somebody. I'd rather just wait instead of trying to bug the guys to see if they have access to the list.

Forum Member

Been kind of quiet around here. Anyone heard anything back yet about the lie detector or anything? I know February was last year's pace and what some people were guessing for the next step, though. Exciting stuff.

Forum Member

Yeah I haven't received anything else yet. I'm getting excited here, too...
    Anybody hear of anybody getting their background checks, yet?

Forum Member

Yeah I haven't received anything else yet. I'm getting excited here, too...
    Anybody hear of anybody getting their background checks, yet?
    Considering there are a few people at the top of the list (ie powerlifter ect) that frequently post here, and I am near the top as soon as any correspondence takes place it will be posted here. I would not expect anything till mid February. I too am eagerly waiting.

Forum Member

So does anyone know if they are sending out packets to everyone in the 90 band? As far as the "list" goes has anyone seen it actually? Im sure there are a bunch of people with the same scores or tied I guess. So how does one get ranked or looked at before the other? HR, Civil Service and other entities all are saying that there is no rank list, just a list of candidates and there scores, no 1-311 rank.

Forum Member

I Just got my background packet today.

Forum Member

got mine today!

Forum Member

Congrats guys-that is great news. Just got out of work and rushed to check the mail, but nothing I scored well on the foam, too, so I hope it is just a mail delay or an alphabet thing (last name begins with W) or something like that. I am kind of disappointed. Oh well... maybe tomorrow-we'll see!
    Last edited by franel29; 01-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Forum Member

Default Got the background packet today.

Just like the above mentioned I got my packet in the mail today looks very similar to the TS-86 I filled out in military. Those who would assume they are getting theirs in the mail should be receiving them very shortly as they are due back by early February.
    Again congrats to those who have already received their packets and good luck to those who will receive theirs shortly.

Forum Member

Anyone have any clue how long it takes to process the background information and go to the next step? Just curious. I know someone mentioned the first class was probably going to start in June.

Forum Member

Default background packet

Just dropped my PHQ off at the post office today. Took me longer than I thought to complete it, but I had a lot to fill in. Good luck to everyone else!

Forum Member

I turned in my PHQ on November 29, 2010 and didn't come back in for my polygraph until February 24, 2011. I'm racking my brain trying to remember if there was something in between then, but I don't think so. After the poly though it seemed to move faster, about one thing a month for the next 3 months up until my start date of June 27, 2011.

Good luck to you all, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thread Information