Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 520
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

  1. #261
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hey powerlifter, what does it mean to "validate the list" and what does that entail? Wow, June seems a lot sooner than I would have expected. That's good news.


  2. #262
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Civil service gives the green light basically and they can begin the next steps.

  3. #263
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Congrats to all that have passed. Now to clarify some rumors that are going around on this thread. The highest score was 116. Don't be discouraged if you are in the 80 band, over the new few years we will be losing a lot of guys due to the drop. A lot of really knowledgeable guys. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

  4. #264
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Does it matter where you rank inside of each band? For example will a 100 get processed before a 95?

  5. #265
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lancaster,OH
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerlifter2000 View Post
    Does it matter where you rank inside of each band? For example will a 100 get processed before a 95?
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works, yes.

  6. #266
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    from what I understand, they establish a list based on your FOAM score. Still not sure why they even have the whole banding thing to begin with.

  7. #267
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jobhunter3 View Post
    Congrats to all that have passed. Now to clarify some rumors that are going around on this thread. The highest score was 116. Don't be discouraged if you are in the 80 band, over the new few years we will be losing a lot of guys due to the drop. A lot of really knowledgeable guys. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.


    hey jobhunter, do you know how many people scored over 100? Might be too much to ask, but I am wondering about my placement in the pack, wow 116 for the high-that is really crazy.

  8. #268
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    There were only 300 something people who were in the 90band. I do remember that there wasn't a lot of people above 100. If your in the 90 band your odds are great. If you are in the 80 band your odds are still really good. Keep in mind back in 06 there were almost 700 people in the 90 band. They had almost 700 in the 90 band and only had two classes, one class of 35 and another class of 50 or so. After that they dipped into the 80 band. That should give you guys an idea of how many people are passed up. A lot of people will fail the polygraph, tons of people will fail the stress test, and some people will fail the psych portion of the test.

  9. #269
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    66

    Default

    im really got my fingers crossed on this one. only scored in the 70 band but can only blame myself, never had taken the FOAM before and didnt prepare myself as well as i could have. im just hoping they go as far down as they did on the last list. good luck to all.

  10. #270
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default reflecting back

    Looking back at the past three years proposed budgets for the city it looks like they stick pretty close to their plan.

    The Fire Division's 2010 budget provides funding for a beginning year contingent
    of 1,499 firefighters. No fire recruit classes are funded in 2010. The division will
    work towards increasing the number of firefighters on the streets through
    redeployment efforts.


    The Fire Division's 2011 budget provides funding for a beginning year contingent
    of 1,552 firefighters. This beginning year figure assumes a December 2010 class
    of 50 recruits. It is anticipated that during 2011, there will be a total of 80
    separations. Firefighters lost through these separations will be replaced via 2
    budgeted classes totaling 95 recruits and subsequent internal promotions.


    With them calling out two classes and actually having two classes and getting close to their number I'm hoping they will carry over the remander.


    Here is the pertaining info from this years budget:

    The Fire Division's 2012 budget provides funding for a beginning year contingent
    of 1,563 firefighters, which includes 60 recruits. It is anticipated that during 2012
    there will be a total of 35 separations. Firefighters lost through these separations
    will be replaced with budgeted classes totaling 35 recruits and subsequent
    internal promotion


    Interestingly they did not call out then number of classes, however it is plural maybe they will hold multiple this year. Looking at last years June class it seem candidates started getting moving along in February.

  11. #271
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Any idea of when they will have a class in 2012 I know in previous years it's been June or December? I did find out I scored in the top 15 overall.

  12. #272
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    They should have a class late 2012. Powerlifter2000 keep your eyes open for something in the mail I would say after the new year.

  13. #273
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerlifter2000 View Post
    Any idea of when they will have a class in 2012 I know in previous years it's been June or December? I did find out I scored in the top 15 overall.

    Great Job brother. How did you find out your placement on the list? I would love to know where I am at rank-wise also. Do you know someone on the department or from civil service? Congrats again.

  14. #274
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franel29 View Post
    Great Job brother. How did you find out your placement on the list? I would love to know where I am at rank-wise also. Do you know someone on the department or from civil service? Congrats again.
    what was your FOAM score?

  15. #275
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I know several people that work for the CFD almost all of our security guards work for them and I workout with several of them at my gym. My FOAM score was a 103 with no vet points.

  16. #276
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    what was your FOAM score?
    my foam score placed me in the 90 band, but I was wondering how high up, like 253 or 116, etc (placement within the band). I thought maybe that information was available somewhere. I am surprised that 103 got #15. It seemed like I heard of a bunch of people getting above 100. Don't get me wrong, I'm just happy to have a good chance to move on, but I was just wondering exactly where I stand out of curiousity.

  17. #277
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franel29 View Post
    my foam score placed me in the 90 band, but I was wondering how high up, like 253 or 116, etc (placement within the band). I thought maybe that information was available somewhere. I am surprised that 103 got #15. It seemed like I heard of a bunch of people getting above 100. Don't get me wrong, I'm just happy to have a good chance to move on, but I was just wondering exactly where I stand out of curiousity.
    you should have gotten a score too.. it reads like this...

    Your Score: XX.000

    Your Band: 90

    your placement is based on "your score".

  18. #278
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    so this is the first test i've taken and scored a 101. was the FOAM not out of 100? does anybody know what the highest score was?

  19. #279
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eku64ff826 View Post
    so this is the first test i've taken and scored a 101. was the FOAM not out of 100? does anybody know what the highest score was?
    check out past posts in this forum.. high score was 116.

  20. #280
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    check out past posts in this forum.. high score was 116.
    thanks. i had looked back and read pretty much everything here. it just seemed like there was some uncertainty between posts on what the actual highest score was and how many scored above 100. im assuming there isnt any way to find out for sure where on the last that will place me is there?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Columbus, Ohio Fire Exam
    By dmfireschool in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 12-27-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 10:59 PM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 12-13-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 01:44 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 11-29-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 01:13 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 04-13-03
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts