Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bergmeister View Post
    For my own fun I'm trying to figure out where some of us are in line.

BobW scored 105 on the FOAM and has a scheduled date for the med/stress exams already
    Franel29 Scored ??? on the FOAM and has had the board interview, assume your med/stress is coming soon
    I scored 100 on FOAM, only recently had home interview and was told late August for the Board interview.

If what Franel29 heard about around 70 being processed for this coming December class then there's going to be a lot of activity over the next few months.

I suspect BobW and Franel29 must be in the top ten processed thus far.
    ha, to fill in the blank, I had a 106 on the foam. To help get an idea of the list further, I met another applicant at the pre-polly paperwork that also had a 106 on the foam, but he got bumped at the lie detector stage. I heard (I think I actually read on here)the #1 person had a 116! Crazy-He/She must have been spot on everything!

Forum Member

For my own fun I'm trying to figure out where some of us are in line.

BobW scored 105 on the FOAM and has a scheduled date for the med/stress exams already
    Franel29 Scored ??? on the FOAM and has had the board interview, assume your med/stress is coming soon
    I scored 100 on FOAM, only recently had home interview and was told late August for the Board interview.

If what Franel29 heard about around 70 being processed for this coming December class then there's going to be a lot of activity over the next few months.

I suspect BobW and Franel29 must be in the top ten processed thus far.
    i scored 101 and am in the same boat as you just about. Had my home interview beginning of June and they told me either late July or August for my oral boards.

Congrats to you guys that have got a conditional offer. Hopefully I'll be seeing you all in December, too. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am at this opportunity.

Forum Member

just got called for my oral boards this morning!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eku64ff826 View Post
    just got called for my oral boards this morning!

congrats, brother. Glad to hear you are moving along. Seems quicker than what you expected, huh?

Forum Member

Got that call this morning as well.

trying to keep myself from getting too excited since there are still a few steps to go and even if I'm blessed enough to make it through, still may not be selected for the Dec class..... but damn it feels great to be moving on, one stage at a time.

congrats and best wishes to everyone. My journey began around 10 years ago.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by franel29 View Post
    congrats, brother. Glad to hear you are moving along. Seems quicker than what you expected, huh?
    Thank you! Looking back on when I first heard about Columbus hiring to now seems like such a long time but at the same time the time has been flying. I just can't believe I'm really in the position I am for such a great job and even if I don't make it into the December class, I still have to be proud of myself for making it this far, especially for this being the first test I've ever taken for a fire department. Going from a high school kid, to a volunteer, to a college student studying fire and safety to having my first oral boards scheduled with such a great department has just been crazy and exciting. Just the possibility of starting my career with Columbus keeps me up at night sometimes. Once again, congrats to all those that have the same opportunity as me and those that have already gotten that conditional offer and best of luck to everyone still in the process.

Forum Member

Got that call this morning as well.

trying to keep myself from getting too excited since there are still a few steps to go and even if I'm blessed enough to make it through, still may not be selected for the Dec class..... but damn it feels great to be moving on, one stage at a time.

congrats and best wishes to everyone. My journey began around 10 years ago.
    Trying to not be excited is easier said than done isn't it?? Haha we're in a real good position regardless brother

Forum Member

Got word that I've passed my medical and stress test. sounds like psych tests are going to be in September. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobWuebker View Post
    Got word that I've passed my medical and stress test. sounds like psych tests are going to be in September. Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations, brother! That is great news! How was the stress test and how long did you make it on the treadmill? I heard over 12 or bust.

Forum Member

It was definitely a challenge my goal was 15 minutes I made it 12.5 minutes it took everything that I had. I did not expect the resistance of the breathing tube on the third and fourth steps of the circuit. Good luck go as long as you can. I practiced with the numbers that they had online on my personal treadmills at work and it helped a little bit and I definitely recommend doing it however if you have some sort of mouthpiece that you can breathe into that would help a lot as well as a nose plug to put on. if you can find an old snorkel I think that would mimic the test pretty good

Everybody's body composition is different so there is no exact time but they recommend going as long as you can and giving hundred and 10% for as long as you can. I've heard people make it nine minutes after people not make it in 12 minutes like I said I want 12.5 minutes and I passed so good luck press on and go as long as you can.

Forum Member

It was definitely a challenge my goal was 15 minutes I made it 12.5 minutes it took everything that I had. I did not expect the resistance of the breathing tube on the third and fourth steps of the circuit. Good luck go as long as you can. I practiced with the numbers that they had online on my personal treadmills at work and it helped a little bit and I definitely recommend doing it however if you have some sort of mouthpiece that you can breathe into that would help a lot as well as a nose plug to put on. if you can find an old snorkel I think that would mimic the test pretty good

Everybody's body composition is different so there is no exact time but they recommend going as long as you can and giving hundred and 10% for as long as you can. I've heard people make it nine minutes after people not make it in 12 minutes like I said I want 12.5 minutes and I passed so good luck press on and go as long as you can.

thanks for the advice. How long after the test until they let you know you passed? Did you get a letter or an email?

Forum Member

It only took two days. I got the email today

Forum Member

It only took two days. I got the email today

thanks again for the information brother. One more step for you, almost there. got my medical on monday. I'm a nervous pig.

Forum Member

You will do fine! The anxiety is the worst part. The nurses/docs are very nice and helpfull.... They want u to succeed. Be safe

Forum Member

Awesome BobW... great for you man.

I really had no idea how the treadmill portion is, so thanks for the information.

Would you happen to have any idea about how many candidates are as far along as you are?

Over a week away from my board interview and I've been a excited/nervous mess. I better start practicing the treadmill.

Forum Member

I cannot give a number of canidates, the nurse told me they had been doing alot of fire physicals in the past week and a'half. GET ON THE TREADMILL! Just to get comfortable with that portion, look up the numbers under the stress test info on the civil service site. As far as oral boards go, be yourself, smile, remember your manners "sir/ma'am." ask a good question or two. Be relaxed....goodluck, you'll do fine.

Forum Member

BobW,

thanks for be so gracious, and i took your advice on the snorkle; bought one this afternoon.

Forum Member

I hope it helps. i think a nose plug helped me a lot. good luck!

Forum Member

Just got back home from the medical, feel kind of bummed. Not sure how well it went. I was anxious, so blood pressure was up. I don't know if it will bump me out. I ran over 14 minutes on the treadmill portion-I hope it's enough. I am relieved, but am going to hate this wait to get the results. I wish everyone else the best wherever along the process.

Forum Member

Haha. I'm not laughing @ u brother, i'm lauging with u! It sounds so familiar! My second to last b/p was 190 systolic i was worried sick! I'm moving to the next part, and i'm sure you sill be right beside me talking to the shrink. 14 min! You're an animal (figurative only.)! Rest easy buddy...u did fine.

Thread Information