Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobWuebker View Post
    Haha. I'm not laughing @ u brother, i'm lauging with u! It sounds so familiar! My second to last b/p was 190 systolic i was worried sick! I'm moving to the next part, and i'm sure you sill be right beside me talking to the shrink. 14 min! You're an animal (figurative only.)! Rest easy buddy...u did fine.

Thanks a lot for making me feel better. I am feeling like my tour is over. My bp was actually a bit better on the treadmill then in the office! I heard the people talking about it on the side wondering what it could be. I feel like a schmuck, but just had a tough time relaxing. I sat for about an hour in the waiting area, before going in for the exam. My mind was running all over. Everything else was flawless. Thanks again for the kind words... I needed it!

Forum Member

Franel, i sent u a personnel message. Let me know if u get it

Forum Member

Franel 14 minutes seems impressive, so does BoBW's 12.5. having your nose pinched close and breathing through a tube doesn't sound too tough.... until you try it; plus add the nervous level.

I'm in pretty decent physical condition but goodness this thing has me concerned after reading your experiences. My BP is usually 118 over 60 ish... and as low as 100 over 52. I know it'll be sky high during the testing.

Certainly hope you guys dont' get bumped due to high BP.... they gotta know the situation affects it.

Forum Member

Got word today that I passed the medical and stress tests! What a relief. Boy they send that email out quick-nice they don't leave you hanging long. Good luck to everyone else. Seems like more people then I thought are going through the physical/stress portions already. I wonder how they are ordering these up at this point? I hope I still have a shot for the december class if I can stay active on the list and pass the psych.

Forum Member

Just a quick question to all:

Has anyone heard about how far down the list Columbus would go? I am in the 70 band and obviously scored low in the FOAM portion to be in that band. However, I know what I did wrong and I think it was that I didn't show much empathy for the victims or wasn't very demonstrative. Has anyone got any insight or information that they will share? Or is Columbus going to do another test next year since that will be the 2 year mark? Please let me know!! Thank you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by honestman View Post
    Just a quick question to all:

Has anyone heard about how far down the list Columbus would go? I am in the 70 band and obviously scored low in the FOAM portion to be in that band. However, I know what I did wrong and I think it was that I didn't show much empathy for the victims or wasn't very demonstrative. Has anyone got any insight or information that they will share? Or is Columbus going to do another test next year since that will be the 2 year mark? Please let me know!! Thank you.
    From the last list, they ended up dipping into the 70 band. I don't think they got real low into it, but I heard/read they were calling people up from the high 70s. That was the list from 2006. The list is initially good for 2 years, but they can have it extended, which is what happened with the last list. I think it's tough to tell how many will be hired from this grouping. We know about 35 are being hired this year. Subsequent years get into some variables and I imagine are based on funding, resources, etc.

Forum Member

eku64ff826, Have you had your Oral Board yet?

had mine recently... was much rougher than I was expecting, fingers are crossed. I'll find out in a week or so.

Forum Member

Are oral boards before or after backgrounds?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    After, though I assume background could be ongoing up to time of appointment, that is just my idea I've never heard anything about when background concludes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Ok thanks. I got a call from my background investigator when he started my background and haven't heard anything else. I thought they would do orals first.

I scored a 98 on the foam incase anyone is wondering how far down the list they are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bergmeister View Post
    eku64ff826, Have you had your Oral Board yet?

had mine recently... was much rougher than I was expecting, fingers are crossed. I'll find out in a week or so.
    yeah i had mine wednesday. and yeah it went a lot rougher than i expected too. i thought i was going to be well prepared for it and then they took the questioning the complete opposite direction than what i had anticipated. you say we'll know in a week or so?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=eku64ff826;1337212]yeah i had mine wednesday. and yeah it went a lot rougher than i expected too. i thought i was going to be well prepared for it and then they took the questioning the complete opposite direction than what i had anticipated. you say we'll know in a week or so?[/QUO

Well it's a bit comforting to know your experience was similar to mine. I've basically been feeling sick thinking my chance to move on has ended based on how my Oral Board went.
    The guy assigned to my background told me he believes he'll know weather or not I made it in about a week. Apparently there are some other people beyond the Oral Borad crew that have input about our advancement

Forum Member

[QUOTE=bergmeister;1337214]
    Quote Originally Posted by eku64ff826 View Post
    yeah i had mine wednesday. and yeah it went a lot rougher than i expected too. i thought i was going to be well prepared for it and then they took the questioning the complete opposite direction than what i had anticipated. you say we'll know in a week or so?[/QUO

Well it's a bit comforting to know your experience was similar to mine. I've basically been feeling sick thinking my chance to move on has ended based on how my Oral Board went.
    The guy assigned to my background told me he believes he'll know weather or not I made it in about a week. Apparently there are some other people beyond the Oral Borad crew that have input about our advancement
    yep i know exactly how you feel, but thank god they arent the only ones deciding on it. regardless of their decision, i just want to know NOW. its been keeping me up at night haha let me know when you hear brother

Forum Member

[QUOTE=eku64ff826;1337279]

yep i know exactly how you feel, but thank god they arent the only ones deciding on it. regardless of their decision, i just want to know NOW. its been keeping me up at night haha let me know when you hear brother

Yep, there's been lost sleep for me as well.

I suspect we'll be hearing back maybe on the same day.

I did hear that they are about mid way down the 90 band, losing people at the Med/Stress section and still building for the Dec class.... But we know by now this information may not be accurate.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=bergmeister;1337282]

Yep, there's been lost sleep for me as well.

I suspect we'll be hearing back maybe on the same day.

I did hear that they are about mid way down the 90 band, losing people at the Med/Stress section and still building for the Dec class.... But we know by now this information may not be accurate.
    yeah its hard to tell what info is accurate, but still kind of nice to hear regardless haha

Forum Member

Little update....

Not out, not in. Spoke with the background person, he said my file is being reviewed, along with some others. Though i didn't ask directly and he didn't say directly, seems as if the Oral Board crew either in whole or in part did not recommend my advancement and therefore I'm being reviewed.

Forum Member

Little update....

Not out, not in. Spoke with the background person, he said my file is being reviewed, along with some others. Though i didn't ask directly and he didn't say directly, seems as if the Oral Board crew either in whole or in part did not recommend my advancement and therefore I'm being reviewed.
    Do you think there is a reason that they wouldn't recommend you? Do you have any fire or EMS experience?
    I hope you get it, keep us posted.

Forum Member

well i called today and was told that i got the 3 approvals from my oral board panel and that i basically had the conditional offer of employment. havent gotten the email yet, but definitely stoked. did you guys that got the email already get dates for the stress test and stuff with the offer? or did that come later?

Forum Member

well i called today and was told that i got the 3 approvals from my oral board panel and that i basically had the conditional offer of employment. havent gotten the email yet, but definitely stoked. did you guys that got the email already get dates for the stress test and stuff with the offer? or did that come later?
    Congrats bud. Must been one heck of a relief hearing the good news.

Still fingers crossed waiting. Seems you've been running a day ahead of me to this point so maybe I'll know today.

Forum Member

separate notifications. You get the conditional offer of employment. A little after you get an email/letter setting you up for the medical and stress

Thread Information