Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

Forum Member

I just got my conditional offer of employment and my date for the Medical Examination.

Forum Member

@powerlifter2000... how long did it take to recieve your COE ? by mail, email, or call?

I'm at 3 weeks without a answer, I think Franel29 was about a week and half.

thanks and congrats.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bergmeister View Post
    @powerlifter2000... how long did it take to recieve your COE ? by mail, email, or call?

I'm at 3 weeks without a answer, I think Franel29 was about a week and half.

thanks and congrats.
    don't sweat at all brother. I had my interview on 6/4/12 and I didn't receive the conditional offer until 7/9/12, almost a month later. I first received it by email, then a letter came, but I elected to get electronic communication early on the process.

I passed my medical and stress tests, and I am waiting on a call for the psych. It's been about a month since I heard anything back now.

Forum Member

I had my Oral Board on August 6 and just got my letter yesterday. It is a long process and you just have to remember no news is good news. As long as you don't get the applicant not accepted letter you are still in the process.

Forum Member

Thanks for letting me know 3+ weeks is common, I guess I focused on what the background guy told me about knowing something within one week.
    And I made a error it was EKU64ff826 that had his answer about two weeks post oral board

When do you guys go for Med/Stess?

Also I heard that the Psyc testing will begin late Sept.

Forum Member

I go for the med/stress on Monday September 24. I have been training really hard for it but still nervous about the whole thing.

Forum Member

recently got notice my psych test will be in mid October. Makes mention that this is the last step before the final offer-what a relief

Forum Member

@franel29 that's awesome news for you, it'll be here sooner than you think.
    best wishes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bergmeister View Post
    @franel29 that's awesome news for you, it'll be here sooner than you think.
    best wishes

thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Have you heard anything back yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by franel29 View Post
    thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Have you heard anything back yet?
    Nothing yet, spoke to background Friday..... no news news.

Forum Member

Finally received a phone call from my investigator today. Just needed to fax him verification that my student loans are being paid, and then he will set up phone interview to prepare me for oral boards. I was beginning to worry a little bit. Guess the process is taking a little longer for us out-of-Staters!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by semper_firefighter View Post
    Finally received a phone call from my investigator today. Just needed to fax him verification that my student loans are being paid, and then he will set up phone interview to prepare me for oral boards. I was beginning to worry a little bit. Guess the process is taking a little longer for us out-of-Staters!
    What was your score on the foam? Just curious.

Forum Member

got the offer!! not sure if it means that I am in the December class or not. but either way it's fine with me!

Forum Member

Below is the notice I received today.
    Best wishes to everyone else.
    I have no advice to provide, this was my 3rd attempt since 2002. strike 3, I'm out for good

This letter is to notify you that your name has been removed from the eligible list for Firefighter based on a request from the Department of Public Safety/Division of Fire under Civil Service Commission Rule IX(C)(4)(d).

Your name was recently certified to the Department of Public Safety for consideration. The Director of Public Safety reviewed all of the names on the Firefighter certification list and you were not given an offer of employment. The Safety Director considered you for four vacant positions before requesting the removal of your name under Rule IX.

This action is not appealable, however, you may apply again for future exams. You may contact Mark Gramlich with the Department of Public Safety at (614) 645-6347 if you have any questions regarding the reasons for your removal. If you have any questions about the certification process, you may contact Brenda Sobieck with the Civil Service Commission at (614) 645-8017.

cc: Lt. Gary Smith, Division of Fire

**Please do not reply to this email.

Forum Member

so apparently having the three oral board approvals and the word from the guy i talked to on the phone that i would receive a conditional offer wasnt enough. i got another call later on saying that the chief wanted to throw my file out because of a street sign i had taken a while back that i had also returned to roads department. however he said the safety director wanted to keep me in and that i would take another polygraph next year sometime and probably be in the 2013 class

Forum Member

Sorry for the tough news lately guys. This is just such a long process. you never know what will happen next.

Forum Member

Just finished my physcial and Stress test. Hope to move on to the next step made it 12 minutes and 50 seconds on the treadmill.

Forum Member

Got notice for my Psych test for Mid October as well. One step to go.

Forum Member

I heard the next academy will start December 10.

Forum Member

Wow-that sounds great. thanks for sharing. Good luck getting through your psych. it's a relief to know its the last hurdle to get into the academy.

Thread Information