Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Columbus, OH 2011

Forum Member

Getting ready to return my PHQ. I scored a 90%.

Forum Member

Anyone out there in the process? or heard anything for the the June class?

Forum Member

hey, I am scheduled for oral board on the 20th, just trying to get ready not really sure what to expect, where are you at? I havent heard anymore about the june class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell78 View Post
    hey, I am scheduled for oral board on the 20th, just trying to get ready not really sure what to expect, where are you at? I havent heard anymore about the june class.
    I'm on already,I was just trying to gauge where they are at in the process for a friend of mine who had to send his packet in a few weeks ago,usually the forum picks up when they are in the middle of process,Thanks and Good Luck

Forum Member

Default Stay Motivated!

Took my Final Physical, Psych & Stress Test at the beginning of November. I received notification from the Dr. that I passed everything, but no contact from CFD. . . yet!

Staying motivated, and biting on the term. . No News, Is Good News.

Good luck to everyone still in the process. Hope to hear good news, from all, soon.

Godspeed

Forum Member

I would give a call to Background just as a follow up and to see if you can get any info. From November to now I would expect to have heard something. Heck, I called the day I took my physical to ask if they had heard if I passed or not (since they don't tell you at the VO max test).

Forum Member

Does anyone know what the color vision standards are for cfd? It did not say I'm the vision requirements, I have my medical soon and I have mild color blindness that I found out about when I joined the army. Thanks hoping it goes well

Forum Member

Hey bell rest easy brother. Being colorblind is not a dq factor. It is for Police but not for fire. Good luck

Forum Member

Thanks franel29! Good to. Know I was stressing about it. One week to go till the stress test, anyone know of guys not making it thru the psych?

Svfd07

I have my physical/stress next week. I have passed them before but not a Vo2 max test. I have been trying the Bruce protocol and getting to about 10:30-11:00. I'm not the best runner and have been trying my best. Any insight to what they are expecting? I heard 12:00 is a good time, but for what age group. Any info would be great. Theses are the final steps and I don't want to mess it up!

Forum Member

Hey Eric, I just took mine last week I went for 12:28 haven't heard back yet, all the post on here guys were saying go as long as you can and then some! I think over 12 is roughly what you will need, I wanted 13 but I was smoked well before that. I ran a lot outside and alterneated on a treadmill elevated as high as it would go just keep running stay focused and give it all you got l!!

Forum Member

My husband is on the list and I was just wondering how far down the list they are, anyone care to share?

Forum Member

OSU77, I scored a 90.00 and turned in my PHQ packet on Feb 25. I called background and they said it would be later in the year when they have me come in to do the poly. I would say for the June class they around probably around 96 in the 90 band.

Forum Member

I am not sure how far down they are, my good friend turned in his PHQ not to long ago and he was in the lower part of the 90 band, hope that helps some.

Forum Member

just got my conditional offer and scheduled for the stress test today!

Forum Member

Was looking over the Bruce Protocol for the stress test and trying to figure out exactly how the stress test works. Do they follow the Bruce Protocol and you just run as long as you can? Or do they just set you at one speed and grade and you go as long as you can that way? Any info on that would be awesome. Thanks guys

Forum Member

Thanks that was helpful, my husband is so excited to get his chance but we know he still has a while to wait but at least it is getting closer.

Forum Member

Hey eku6, if you Google it you should be able to find the details, basically it is broken into 3 min intervals with the incline and speed increasing with each interval, I belive it starts at an incline of 10, you have to breath through a tube and your nose is clamped off. From my experince and others you want to go as long as possible until you are about to fall off or puke, generally a time of over 12 min seems to be the passing time but it is different for evetyone. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell78 View Post
    Hey eku6, if you Google it you should be able to find the details, basically it is broken into 3 min intervals with the incline and speed increasing with each interval, I belive it starts at an incline of 10, you have to breath through a tube and your nose is clamped off. From my experince and others you want to go as long as possible until you are about to fall off or puke, generally a time of over 12 min seems to be the passing time but it is different for evetyone. Good luck!
    yeah i found that on google. just wanted to make sure thats how it was actually run for the test or what was going on. thanks man, i appreciate it!

Forum Member

Has anyone heard any news about a June class? Its getting close, I still have to pass the psych but I have been wondering if any of the guys who completed all of the steps have recieved info about dates and numbers ? Waiting waiting hurry up and wait haha

Thread Information