Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    I'm telling you man, my buddy gave me the rundown list of everything he had to pay for, I think you're leaving 1 or 2 things out, but EITHER WAY, i KNOW it was close to 400 bucks, and that was BEFORE you could even pick up an application. Which, I guess, depending on how you look at it, could be a good thing for a candidate or not. Then you add the gas, the food, the hotel etc. I'm sorry, but that definetly DOES factor into the "price of testing". Sometimes, you can't always "ride with a friend". What if you are the only person you know taking it?

Are you referring to the Orlando Fire department? If so, OFD doesn't use the CPAT, or anything close to it. Orange County Fire/Rescue does however, and I believe they DO except your CPAT if you have taken it within the last 6 months or a year, whatever there standard is.

Firemedic61, you said what I was thinking brilliantly, but just didn't have the patience to type.
    Can you get a copy of that list or at least try to think about the major things on it?
    If what you said is true, I do see that as ridiculous. Charging people close to $400 to just turn in an application WILL turn away good candidates.

You also have to remember, most places in Florida require you to be Fire certified and a Medic these days, which is all money out of pocket in tuition, books, taking time off work etc. So what is an extra $100 - $300 in the grand scheme of things to get the job you want when you've already worked so hard and invested so much money?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post

We can debate all day, I dont mind.
    I would just like to put in my opinion that it shouldnt matter what your background, where you came from, what color you are, etc. to be able to do this job.
    Hey that's cool. I'm sending you a PM and look forward to conversing with you again on other topics.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Thread Information