MembersZone Subscriber

Default Sallyport Having trouble with manning!! Hrs Suck!!

Don't come over to Iraq unless your an A/C, I am getting 3 1/2 days off a week for a total of 84hrs, my friend at another base is getting the same, but yet they have some bases with guys stuck and can't leave on R/R because of manning issues.. Can some explain why??? Boy do i miss WSI

Forum Member

My friend is getting paid 24/7 making some serious cash as a firefighter for Sallyport. I just saw him yesterday when he was home for R&R. He said they can't get replacements cause of some paperwork issues, and guys are quiting all the time so the hours are up.

Forum Member

Why does Sallyport ask for so many certs for a fire inspector? ITT is in the process of hiring me, they only ask for IFSAC or PRO B: fire inspector I & II, HAZ-MAT and instructor. I was trying to go to Iraq but looks like it will be Afghanistan.

Forum Member

Have you tried KBR for Iraq. They are hiring right now.

Forum Member

Thanks, I will check into it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 50 View Post
    Have you tried KBR for Iraq. They are hiring right now.
    I looked at their jobs listing for Iraq and LOGCAP. Nothing for fire inspector.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFDownSouth View Post
    Don't come over to Iraq unless your an A/C, I am getting 3 1/2 days off a week for a total of 84hrs, my friend at another base is getting the same, but yet they have some bases with guys stuck and can't leave on R/R because of manning issues.. Can some explain why??? Boy do i miss WSI
    Some bases are getting low hours but others are not. I went about 6 weeks with out a day off. I just signed my time card yesterday and only had 3 days of in a 15 day period. People are making some jack right now.

Forum Member

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by LowRow98 View Post
    Some bases are getting low hours but others are not. I went about 6 weeks with out a day off. I just signed my time card yesterday and only had 3 days of in a 15 day period. People are making some jack right now.
    im in baghdad right now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    im in baghdad right now
    Wanted to know whats it like over there, I got my offer letter and just returned it. Whats the process like, what are the hours, and how are living conditions.

Forum Member

Smile im here

Quote Originally Posted by 251Fireman View Post
    Wanted to know whats it like over there, I got my offer letter and just returned it. Whats the process like, what are the hours, and how are living conditions.

hours vary base to base as do living conditions
    Last edited by tomdfireman84; 05-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Forum Member

Ok then, Im supposed to be leaving for houston on the 30th of May. How often do you run calls? Do the rooms have internet access? Is it a BX where you're located?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 251Fireman View Post
    Ok then, Im supposed to be leaving for houston on the 30th of May. How often do you run calls? Do the rooms have internet access? Is it a BX where you're located?

depending on what base ur at most bases now have base internet from wireless to wired most bases do have a bx but mine is basicly a conex and its got the basics too packing though dont pack alot pack enough underwears socks and shirst and pants dont bring alot u will get ur uniforms once u hit baghdad so make sure u have room for it all u will get 4 t shirts 4 pairs pants 4 polo shirts 2 job shirts a multi season jacket and all ur gear then u gotta lug all that stuff with u to ur new base if ur arff u get arff gear and strutural gear as well but the other gear is for u to train so u dont screw up ur arff gear lol but my base im assigned engine co and crash truck so i just use my arff gear
    well good luck let me know where u headed and most of the stuff u learn in houston is bs just have fun and the hotel u stay at has free internet in the rooms lol tell tiffany i said hi tk

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdtruck1443 View Post
    depending on what base ur at most bases now have base internet from wireless to wired most bases do have a bx but mine is basicly a conex and its got the basics too packing though dont pack alot pack enough underwears socks and shirst and pants dont bring alot u will get ur uniforms once u hit baghdad so make sure u have room for it all u will get 4 t shirts 4 pairs pants 4 polo shirts 2 job shirts a multi season jacket and all ur gear then u gotta lug all that stuff with u to ur new base if ur arff u get arff gear and strutural gear as well but the other gear is for u to train so u dont screw up ur arff gear lol but my base im assigned engine co and crash truck so i just use my arff gear
    well good luck let me know where u headed and most of the stuff u learn in houston is bs just have fun and the hotel u stay at has free internet in the rooms lol tell tiffany i said hi tk
    I'm not sure if that was more impressive for it's lack of punctuation (I felt like i was reading a Comac Mccarthy novel) or it's clever use of text wording.

I hope you don't have to write any reports over there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't get me wrong, Sallyport isn't that bad, but if your coming over here be aware that id you land in a small base your hrs will suck unless you have your D/O certs and M/W certs. But also understand that Iraq has not extended their contract to the U.S. Which means after 12/31/11 we must leave, Now I hear we are going to stay on site either DOD or Logcap 4 but that depends on what happens with GOI. So if your coming over now please understand that you might be going back home in Dec.. So if you have a decent job at home.. DO NOT LEAVE it... I have friends at almost in every base, some are making $6000 every 15th day and some are make 3500 (before taxes are taken out).. Just a heads up to all.. best of luck and god bless

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    I'm not sure if that was more impressive for it's lack of punctuation (I felt like i was reading a Comac Mccarthy novel) or it's clever use of text wording.

I hope you don't have to write any reports over there.
    peter y are such a DICK? Did your mom and dad not hug you enough? O wait your a women in a guys body!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Why does making fun of illiterate people make him a dick?

Oh, wait, I get it. Because you're also an imbecile who can't write/spell. Birds of a feather, that sort of thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iraq-firefighter View Post
    peter y are such a DICK? Did your mom and dad not hug you enough? O wait your a women in a guys body!!!!
    Ahahaha.. whew, thank you.. really. I needed that.

Mom and dad hugged me plenty, and apparently sent me to a decent school.

And in the future, it's 'why' not 'y', 'youíre' not 'your', and 'guy's' is possessive. Get it together man.

I'm a DICK because idiots like you give the rest of the Fire Fighter community a bad name, and tarnish the already sullied image most have of Contract Fire Fighters.

MembersZone Subscriber

PB, we should nominate him for a scholarship to the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Forum Member

Blah. This guy's a joke. Just another in a long line of idiotic jolly volly/Military Fire Fighters that head over to Iraq and think they are the business. The sad part is that he probably actually believes it.

Here's the facts. Being a contract FF will not help you life. After the money is gone it will not look good on a resume. Fact is most professional FF's look at your time over there in disdain and contempt. You are, literally, the lowest rung on the Fire Fighting ladder. I'd even put some Volly's ahead of you.

You run little if any calls, complain about everything, and get paid more than you probably should. The most disturbing part of all this is actually did it as well for a while. And while i miss the money, and some of the people i worked with, i do not miss the endless train of morons that came through my doors.

Also, Iíll say this again for emphasis. Learn how to spell.

Forum Member

Peterbound, can you tell me where you got these facts from?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by airforcefire520 View Post
    Peterbound, can you tell me where you got these facts from?
    Facts? What facts? The fact that the above poster has a limited grasp on the English language? You only need read his/her posts.

As to the contract world. I did it for a while post military. Like I stated above, there are some good, but there is mostly bad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iraq-firefighter View Post
    So that's why his peter is bound! Thanks for clearing that up IFF. I guess if I had serious gender identity issues and my unit was bound between my *** cheeks I would be a miserable ***** too. Hell I almost feel sorry for the poor bastard, almost.

Thread Information