Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    The quotes were taken from a handout. If the information was originally from the link you provided, or vice versa, I cant tell you.

Well my friends, I think we have beat this one to death. Or close to it. Again, form your own opinions on the subject. I can only base mine on what I have been told. You know what they say about lawyers, every firehouse has one.

Be safe.
    Which part of "if you are off-duty, and the photos are taken from a public right-of-way, they are fair game" don't you understand? And I get my information from this handout, perhaps you have heard of it, it's called
    The United States Constitution. There's another one, called
    The Bill of Rights. Ask your attorney if he has heard of either.

WTF difference does it make if Joe Blow Civilian takes some shots which have a patients face in them, or me coming home from work in shorts and a Disney t-shirt???? Here's a hint: NONE!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

The quotes were taken from a handout. If the information was originally from the link you provided, or vice versa, I cant tell you.

Well my friends, I think we have beat this one to death. Or close to it. Again, form your own opinions on the subject. I can only base mine on what I have been told. You know what they say about lawyers, every firehouse has one.

Be safe.
    Good luck with your law career!

Hey, there are lots of other fire movies you can base your legal opinions on...

I think "Barney Goes to the Firehouse" is on Youtube.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Hey, there are lots of other fire movies you can base your legal opinions on...
    Yeah, but there are even MORE vollies and buffs I can base my firefighting knowledge on. They are parked across from the firehouse, with one hand down their pants and the other on their scanner waiting for us to catch a run.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Gee, a lecture by an attorney regarding how being off duty doesnt exempt you from HIPAA and includes the sentence "Prohibited publishing also includes releasing photographs or video of a patient" doesnt actually have anything to do with HIPAA. You are chief material!
    Because this lawyer's lecture is wrong. That's why.

Yeah, but there are even MORE vollies and buffs I can base my firefighting knowledge on. They are parked across from the firehouse, with one hand down their pants and the other on their scanner waiting for us to catch a run.
    Who are also more than welcome to take pictures of whatever they want from wherever they want outside our perimeter and are not bound by HIPAA or any other law anywhere regardless of what bobby told sally he heard at a meeting.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Great non-sequitar.

How you making out on that article about the paramedic who was disciplined for taking a photo off duty for a HIPAA violation?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Thread Information