Thread: Duluth, MN fire

Forum Member

Default Duluth, MN fire

just wanted to see if there where any DFD guys that had any info about the test coming up. How many people applied and how many are they thinking about taking? stuff like that any help would be great thanks!

Forum Member

Not on DFD but I just took my CPAT and the instructor informed us they had 120 applicants apply. He said if budget goes as planned, but if, they plan on hiring 20-25 of the list which is good for two years. Should be a good list to get on!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SFD09 View Post
    Not on DFD but I just took my CPAT and the instructor informed us they had 120 applicants apply. He said if budget goes as planned, but if, they plan on hiring 20-25 of the list which is good for two years. Should be a good list to get on!
    We will have around 4 openings when they do the first round of hiring. 20-25 seems like a lot, it's possible, but I doubt it.

Forum Member

Golzy, what are the hiring requirements at Duluth. How does Duluth operate? (First responders, BLS or ALS transport) How many people on a rig? What are the demographics of the department? What do you guys look for in a candidate and what kind of training academy does Duluth run? Any knowledge is wonderful, thank you.

Forum Member

Golzy, what else can you tell me about the department? What are the demographics like? How many personel per rig 3 or 4? Any info is good! Thanks.

Forum Member

anybody hear back on the written score its been over three weeks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cfd3283 View Post
    Golzy, what are the hiring requirements at Duluth. How does Duluth operate? (First responders, BLS or ALS transport) How many people on a rig? What are the demographics of the department? What do you guys look for in a candidate and what kind of training academy does Duluth run? Any knowledge is wonderful, thank you.
    I'll try to answer most of your questions,
    Duluth has 9 stations, 9 engines, 2 trucks, 1 quint, 1 heavy rescue. A lot of the companies are staffed differently, the quint is the only rig with 4, most have 3, a few engines have 2 and the engine on park point has 1. We don't do any EMS transport, we operate at the EMT-B level and respond to all medicals in the city with Gold Cross ambulance. When you start you are put through 2 weeks of training that pretty much gets you up to speed on how things are done on the DFD. As far as what they are looking for when they hire, it's tough to say, personally I think it's important to be a hard worker and have a sincere willingness to learn. Hope that helps!

Forum Member

e-mails went out today. Good luck!

Forum Member

yeah i got mine didnt pass... i dont know how but i got 2 interviews next week so hopefully i can rock those!

Forum Member

any plans to hire more before the list is up in june? or will the list be extended past june? any plans for a new test/list?

Thread Information