Forum Member

Default Huntsville, AL fire truck involved in four vehicle wreck a few minutes ago

Huntsville, AL (WAFF) - A four-vehicle wreck at the intersection University Drive and Jordan Lane tied up traffic Friday morning.

A Huntsville fire truck was involved in the accident. It also involved an 18-wheeler, an SUV and a pickup truck.

Mike Sublett with Huntsville Fire said no firefighters were injured. There is no word on injuries in the other vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

More info from the WHNT website -
    Pictures: Two Wrecks on University Drive, Connected There were two separate wrecks on University Drive on Friday morning. Both are connected. The first was at Pulaski Pike and University, and happened after 9 a.m. Three vehicles were involved. Two were westbound on University, a minivan and a P.T. Cruiser. Witnesses say a car ran a red light, hitting both vehicles. A woman was thrown from the back of the minivan, but should be okay. The second wreck happened at Jordan Lane and University Drive. A Huntsville fire truck was responding to the first wreck, and collided with an SUV whose driver apparently didn't see the fire truck coming. When the fire truck and SUV collided, the SUV spun around and his two other vehicles at the intersection, including an 18-wheeler. One woman was thrown from the SUV and was taken to Huntsville Hospital. Mike Sublett, with the Huntsville Fire Department, says other people in the SUV were also injured.

Forum Member

Thanks Lisa, Here are some additional photos. Looks like it was a mess! I'm glad there were no fatalities...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

MembersZone Subscriber

Now I am nervous - I am about to head through that exact intersection with a new tanker wednesday!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Now I am nervous - I am about to head through that exact intersection with a new tanker wednesday!
    Gosh, you Better be careful!

MembersZone Subscriber

I may just do my visiting another time and shoot straight through town. Or not. Lots of HAM and ES people to visit there, I love visiting.

Forum Member

I may just do my visiting another time and shoot straight through town. Or not. Lots of HAM and ES people to visit there, I love visiting.
    Glad i wasn't enjoying my cup of coffee pre/post shift or you might just owe me a new HP Come on down... stay for a while, LVFD301

Forum Member

Don't be running code as this truck was doing and get smacked by a mini van who driver was probably on the cell phone, being distracted by the passenger or just wasn't paying attention to the surroundings.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Don't be running code as this truck was doing and get smacked by a mini van who driver was probably on the cell phone, being distracted by the passenger or just wasn't paying attention to the surroundings.
    The code I can prevent. The rest is just the fun of driving!.....

Of course, people will be so amazed at how pretty my white over blue truck looks...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KJ4XXX View Post
    Glad i wasn't enjoying my cup of coffee pre/post shift or you might just owe me a new HP Come on down... stay for a while, LVFD301
    I would just about guarantee we know some of the same people if you work in Huntsville. In fact... Do you work on an air ambulance?

If you work for the one pictured, LOL I could tell you stories.... I grew up (if you can call it that) just up the road in Columbia/Pulaski/Lewsiburg TN
    Last edited by LVFD301; 04-26-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Forum Member

I would just about guarantee we know some of the same people if you work in Huntsville. In fact... Do you work on an air ambulance?

If you work for the one pictured, LOL I could tell you stories.... I grew up (if you can call it that) just up the road in Columbia/Pulaski/Lewsiburg TN
    Sorry i took forever to reply. Nope, I don't work for them or on any air ambulance. My Dad took that picture when i was LZ command for medflight. I do volunteer for our local fire department/rescue squad. We probably know some mutual people... it's a small world after all lol. message me

Thread Information