Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Fire trucks should be fire trucks, bread trucks should be bread trucks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Can you provide a link and/or information? I find it surprising that a company with the financial means of Rosenbauer wouldn't introduce this at FDIC, or make a huge splash in advertising. You're not talking about this are you?

It's NOT a secret just ask any Rosenbauer dealer as they are offering it now againest Spartan.

I would have assumed they'd have liked to introduced it at FDIC this year but there is a lot to do to start from scratch and probably we'll see it at FDIC next year. They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.

I assume they'll introduce the most popular cab model first IE: MFD 10" Roof vs all the other models which takes time, engineering and testing and that's where Spartan has an advantage so Rosenbauer would still purchase Spartan as business is business.

Oh to the comment about ALF "who'd buy one" I know for a fact that they just received another order from Ventura County CA and Buffalo has some on order and they've sold a number of new apparatus as the new management running it now is very professional and knowledgeable about the industry and lets face it sometimes people have long and short memories so don't count them out!...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialguy11 View Post
    It's NOT a secret just ask any Rosenbauer dealer as they are offering it now againest Spartan.

I would have assumed they'd have liked to introduced it at FDIC this year but there is a lot to do to start from scratch and probably we'll see it at FDIC next year. They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.

I assume they'll introduce the most popular cab model first IE: MFD 10" Roof vs all the other models which takes time, engineering and testing and that's where Spartan has an advantage so Rosenbauer would still purchase Spartan as business is business.

Oh to the comment about ALF "who'd buy one" I know for a fact that they just received another order from Ventura County CA and Buffalo has some on order and they've sold a number of new apparatus as the new management running it now is very professional and knowledgeable about the industry and lets face it sometimes people have long and short memories so don't count them out!...
    I'm pretty sure if that is the best that Rosenbauer can offer that Spartan can sleep well of a night not worrying about loss of sales. Why would anyone take a cabover truck mount a crew compartment on it and then make it a fire truck.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.
    Interesting. I see that it's called Rosenbauer Motors, has been in existence since January, and is sharing the same address as the General Safety division. No information available what the the new chassis will look like, however...

I certainly didn't mean to imply that NO ONE was going to buy an ALF chassis, however, I don't feel that they'll be the industry player that they once were.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if that is the best that Rosenbauer can offer that Spartan can sleep well of a night not worrying about loss of sales. Why would anyone take a cabover truck mount a crew compartment on it and then make it a fire truck.
    Checked with some other folks in the industry, the new Rosenbauer cab has nothing at all to do with that cab-over thing in the least.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Well FIREMECH1 I wasn't going to respond but when you call me "Your obviously as clueless as NEIOWA" I just had to respond..

Aren't you the guy who bought E One Aerials and HME's before and only buy low bid anyway regardless of supporting a qualifed and well known local builder..

As to Rosenbauer's new chassis it's not a secret "DUH" and theŪr already offering it as they got fed up with Spartan. Spartan does build a great cab and chassis but my point was it's getting more and more frustrating to support the parent company (Spartan) when their subsidary is competing directly againest the very same people who've bought and supported Spartan for years and trust me I've got alot more experience in dealing with Spartan than you do.
    How about answering the question!! What is your beef with Spartan buying E-One, and coming together??? You said it wasn't a good thing... WHY NOT?!?!?!

The comment about you being clueless, is pretty much spot on, from my perspective. You have no clue what could or would happen if this DID happen. You could possibly find one of the best cab/chassis/ladder assemblies built.

As for what we purchased 10 yrs ago, Smeal wasn't in the picture for the aerials. We wanted aluminum ladders at that time. But to say we don't support our local aerial builder, is way off. We have 4 of them. The HME's were before my time, and a mistake, as they found out later. As for low bid go-getters, not true. We have gone with higher priced units that fit what we envisioned as a total package for our needs. This isn't about my equipment.

Until Rosey can throw us a bone, it means nothing, and is just hearsay. But I did find this little tid-bit concerning this original topic.

http://firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116866

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

This Richard Schalter???

http://www.charlestonbusiness.com/ne...k-scheme?rss=0

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    I hope you don't have the impression that the scheme was his idea. He just took one for the team.

Well FIREMECH1
    Aren't you the guy who bought E One Aerials and HME's before and only buy low bid anyway regardless of supporting a qualifed and well known local builder..
    Hey FIREMECH1 didn't you guys just order an aerial made by a local manufacturer on another local manufacturers body and three engines from a qualified local well known manufacturer just 90 miles away??

Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    I hope you don't have the impression that the scheme was his idea. He just took one for the team.
    I don't know what went on, and don't care. Just something I found. Nothing more, nothing less.

FM1

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    Hey FIREMECH1 didn't you guys just order an aerial made by a local manufacturer on another local manufacturers body and three engines from a qualified local well known manufacturer just 90 miles away??
    Please define "local". If it is in Nebraska, it is local. If it is built in Iowa, it is not local.

What is your point???

FM1

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Please define "local". If it is in Nebraska, it is local. If it is built in Iowa, it is not local.

What is your point???

FM1
    I thinking he was supporting the fact that you guys do buy/support quality apparatus from "local" manufacturers, just because they aren't Smeal, doesn't mean you're ignoring supporting local builders that fit your needs? Or I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    I thinking he was supporting the fact that you guys do buy/support quality apparatus from "local" manufacturers, just because they aren't Smeal, doesn't mean you're ignoring supporting local builders that fit your needs? Or I could be wrong.
    Yes that is where I am coming from, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    Yes that is where I am coming from, thanks.
    My apologies for "over reading" your post, and missing your intentions.

Thanks for watching my back.

FM1

Forum Member

Just wondering where the Buffalo info can be found? They just took delivery of 2 Spartan/Crimson pumpers and a Spartan/Crimson midmount tower ladder. Just trying to figure out why, after all the issues with ALF, they would even concider going back to them...especially where they have these 3 new units. Im just looking to find out where I can confirm this information.

Reliance

Default Buffalo

http://www.westfieldfiresales.com/

This dealer had sigfned a five year contract with Buffalo for Crimson apparatus but are no longer listed as the Crimson dealer for that part of New York.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reliance View Post
    http://www.westfieldfiresales.com/

This dealer had sigfned a five year contract with Buffalo for Crimson apparatus but are no longer listed as the Crimson dealer for that part of New York.
    I knew that but as the press release says, its not a solid 5 year contract. Its a 1 year contract with the ability to add on an additional 4, one year at a time contracts. So it is possible that they cut ties with Crimson and initiated a purchase from ALF. Its certainly a possibility where Buffalo is listed as having a factory direct rep. Maybe something happened with that dealer which soured the relationship?

In any case, Im looking to get confirmation on the news that Buffalo is once again purchasing ALF. Not that I dont believe the original poster of that tidbit, but is there a press release from ALF or its dealer network, or is that something he "heard"?

Forum Member

The ALF that are being mentioned are from a order with ALF four years ago.
    Last edited by ladderman; 07-08-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Forum Member

I could see Spartan buying another mfg
    Last edited by ladderman; 07-08-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Forum Member

Smile spartan

How about Spartan buying SVI in Colorado?

I think that wold be a good buy if i were looking

Thread Information