Forum Member

Default Spartan Buying E-One?

So am I late to the party on this rumor? We had a fire dealer call on us today and said Spartan was looking to buy E-One and merge it with Crimson. Any validity to this?

Forum Member

Wouldn't have been a dealer that is neither Spartan, E-One, nor Crimson would it?

This stuff goes on all the time in the apparatus business. Each one claims the others are going bankrupt, being sold out, or providing heroin to middle schoolers.

That said, it might be true. I just haven't heard it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Spartan just bought Classic, who was building tankers and such for E-One, until the sale. I could see where a rumor may have spread from that.

Forum Member

Last edited by ladderman; 07-08-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Forum Member

Cool

so if this true then will the great recycled beer can be better made?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1213 View Post
    so if this true then will the great recycled beer can be better made?
    The "beer can" can stand on its own history. E-One being bought out by Spartan, under Crimson or not, would be a good thing for both parties involved.

JMHO

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    The "beer can" can stand on its own history. E-One being bought out by Spartan, under Crimson or not, would be a good thing for both parties involved.

JMHO

FM1
    So you think this would be good do you...Well when the other OEMs/Dealers besides Rosenbauer who's now going to build/offer their own cab and chassis abandon Spartan chassis's because of Spartan then being even more a direct competitor we'll see if the $s are there to fund these adventures...

Spartan got to where it is by building quality innovative cab and chassis's for all the OEMs and Dealers for many years, However when they bought Crimson it was upsetting to those loyal but now even more so with the purchase of Classic which wasn't really a force in the industry anyway!

So now we have Rosenbauer with their own cab and chassis and now ALF going to offer theirs to the OEM's/Dealers what's that going to do to Spartan's marketshare??

Does anybody remember Carpenter School Buses and Road Rescue Ambulances that Spartan acquired and look what happened..

MembersZone Subscriber

JMHO

FM1
    Guess it woul be "GREEN". Go from 0.375" aluminum to 0.09"/0.13/0.19 aluminum. That's great. Look at all the diesel you'd save. And great for crew safety.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Guess it woul be "GREEN". Go from 0.375" aluminum to 0.09"/0.13/0.19 aluminum. That's great. Look at all the diesel you'd save. And great for crew safety.
    What does this mean?

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aerialguy11 View Post
    So you think this would be good do you...Well when the other OEMs/Dealers besides Rosenbauer who's now going to build/offer their own cab and chassis abandon Spartan chassis's because of Spartan then being even more a direct competitor we'll see if the $s are there to fund these adventures...

Spartan got to where it is by building quality innovative cab and chassis's for all the OEMs and Dealers for many years, However when they bought Crimson it was upsetting to those loyal but now even more so with the purchase of Classic which wasn't really a force in the industry anyway!

So now we have Rosenbauer with their own cab and chassis and now ALF going to offer theirs to the OEM's/Dealers what's that going to do to Spartan's marketshare??

Does anybody remember Carpenter School Buses and Road Rescue Ambulances that Spartan acquired and look what happened..
    Do you really believe anyone in their right mind would buy an alf chassis with the recent history of that company?

Spartan is in a good place both financially and production wise. They have crimson producing a complete line of apparatus and just acquired Classic fire to produce a lower price spec type truck for that part of the marketplace similar to what pierce has done with their stock line.

Let's talk fire trucks!

• Do you have a link to the new Rosenbauer cab & chassis? I know this rumor has been floating for some time, but I've yet to see anything on paper or through industry contacts.
    • Who in their right mind is going to buy an ALF cab and chassis these days?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Non Educated Idiot Out Wandering Around.

What the hell does the color green have to do with anything?? If you think that E-One under Spartan and/or Crimson is going to short cut their own throats by using thinner materials, and less engineered ladders as a whole, you are an IDIOT.

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

So some got upset from Spartan taking over Crimson. Guess what... they are still making and selling the end product, and people are still buying them. So what is your beef???

If Rosey has established their market for a sole source cab and chassis, where is it???

You're obviously as clueless as NEIOWA.

FM1

MembersZone Subscriber

Non Educated Idiot Out Wandering Around.

What the hell does the color green have to do with anything?? If you think that E-One under Spartan and/or Crimson is going to short cut their own throats by using thinner materials, and less engineered ladders as a whole, you are an IDIOT.

FM1
    Ouch. You a big Spartan fan or something? The Furion?

Forum Member

I like what Spartan puts out on the Gladiator. They've been reliable, dependable, and get the job done.

FM1

Forum Member

Furion? Butt ugly Mini bus and NO. Gladiator.......Big comfortable coach........yes,and yes.VERY happy with our Spartans. T.c.

Forum Member

So some got upset from Spartan taking over Crimson. Guess what... they are still making and selling the end product, and people are still buying them. So what is your beef???

If Rosey has established their market for a sole source cab and chassis, where is it???

You're obviously as clueless as NEIOWA.

FM1
    Well FIREMECH1 I wasn't going to respond but when you call me "Your obviously as clueless as NEIOWA" I just had to respond..

Aren't you the guy who bought E One Aerials and HME's before and only buy low bid anyway regardless of supporting a qualifed and well known local builder..

As to Rosenbauer's new chassis it's not a secret "DUH" and theír already offering it as they got fed up with Spartan. Spartan does build a great cab and chassis but my point was it's getting more and more frustrating to support the parent company (Spartan) when their subsidary is competing directly againest the very same people who've bought and supported Spartan for years and trust me I've got alot more experience in dealing with Spartan than you do.

Let's talk fire trucks!

As to Rosenbauer's new chassis it's not a secret "DUH" and theír already offering it as they got fed up with Spartan.
    Can you provide a link and/or information? I find it surprising that a company with the financial means of Rosenbauer wouldn't introduce this at FDIC, or make a huge splash in advertising. You're not talking about this are you?

Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

Box -

What the hell is that thing?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Rosey had that on display at FDIC this year. The chassis used to be on a delivery truck, with a factory-new cab on it (however, notice that there aren't any cab manufacturer emblems on it, only the red R). Rosey then built the body, with a riding area in the forward portion, and mounted it to the used chassis/new cab. They are marketing the program towards departments that might not have the financial means for an entirely new pumper, and it also reduces costs associated the the R&D of a new cab.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Forum Member

Fire trucks should be fire trucks, bread trucks should be bread trucks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Can you provide a link and/or information? I find it surprising that a company with the financial means of Rosenbauer wouldn't introduce this at FDIC, or make a huge splash in advertising. You're not talking about this are you?

It's NOT a secret just ask any Rosenbauer dealer as they are offering it now againest Spartan.

I would have assumed they'd have liked to introduced it at FDIC this year but there is a lot to do to start from scratch and probably we'll see it at FDIC next year. They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.

I assume they'll introduce the most popular cab model first IE: MFD 10" Roof vs all the other models which takes time, engineering and testing and that's where Spartan has an advantage so Rosenbauer would still purchase Spartan as business is business.

Oh to the comment about ALF "who'd buy one" I know for a fact that they just received another order from Ventura County CA and Buffalo has some on order and they've sold a number of new apparatus as the new management running it now is very professional and knowledgeable about the industry and lets face it sometimes people have long and short memories so don't count them out!...

MembersZone Subscriber

It's NOT a secret just ask any Rosenbauer dealer as they are offering it now againest Spartan.

I would have assumed they'd have liked to introduced it at FDIC this year but there is a lot to do to start from scratch and probably we'll see it at FDIC next year. They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.

I assume they'll introduce the most popular cab model first IE: MFD 10" Roof vs all the other models which takes time, engineering and testing and that's where Spartan has an advantage so Rosenbauer would still purchase Spartan as business is business.

Oh to the comment about ALF "who'd buy one" I know for a fact that they just received another order from Ventura County CA and Buffalo has some on order and they've sold a number of new apparatus as the new management running it now is very professional and knowledgeable about the industry and lets face it sometimes people have long and short memories so don't count them out!...
    I'm pretty sure if that is the best that Rosenbauer can offer that Spartan can sleep well of a night not worrying about loss of sales. Why would anyone take a cabover truck mount a crew compartment on it and then make it a fire truck.

Let's talk fire trucks!

They've formed a company called Rosenbauer Chassis's and hired the former CEO of Spartan Rich Shalter to lead it based in MN.
    Interesting. I see that it's called Rosenbauer Motors, has been in existence since January, and is sharing the same address as the General Safety division. No information available what the the new chassis will look like, however...

I certainly didn't mean to imply that NO ONE was going to buy an ALF chassis, however, I don't feel that they'll be the industry player that they once were.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if that is the best that Rosenbauer can offer that Spartan can sleep well of a night not worrying about loss of sales. Why would anyone take a cabover truck mount a crew compartment on it and then make it a fire truck.
    Checked with some other folks in the industry, the new Rosenbauer cab has nothing at all to do with that cab-over thing in the least.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Thread Information