Thread: Iaff firepac

Forum Member

Default Iaff firepac

The IAFF is suspending any FIREPAC contributions to ANY federal candidate. I say BRAVO.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Talking

Yep: It really sucks when you waste millions of dollars trying to buy politicians and then they stab you in the back.

Used to be that when you bought a politician they stayed in your pocket for life!

Forum Member

A little story. We had a problem in our local involving one of our members. The word on the street was that a U.S. Congressman who represents a sliver of our city got his office involved in this particular situation. Our member did nothing wrong but was getting fracked over by our city and a federal agency. Mind you, it was nothing illegal, immoral, or wrong at all. Well the congressman's office went looking for a donation from the IAFF and the answer they got was "No, we have a problem involving one of our members and will not be giving you any money at this time". Needless to say, I got a phone call and a 20 minute talk with the congressmans chief of staff. He swore up and down that his office had nothing to do with what was going on. Funny thing was, within a matter of a few weeks, the issue magically was cleared up and our member had the right thing done for him. Money DOES talk. Our VOLUNTARY contributions to FIREPAC give us a seat at the table. Its about time our so-called "friends" step up and fight the constant attack on union firefighters at the federal level.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Funny how it's okay for the rich and the corporations to spend millions of dollars to "buy" politicians, but when a couple hundred thousand working people band together to get the most bang for their $50 a piece, we're evil and ruining the country.

Forum Member

Speaking of this, I keep meaning to ask where all those "Firefighters for Dodd" shirts wound up. In my imagination they're being worn by little kids in Africa and South America like the losing Super Bowl teams shirts.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    Speaking of this, I keep meaning to ask where all those "Firefighters for Dodd" shirts wound up. In my imagination they're being worn by little kids in Africa and South America like the losing Super Bowl teams shirts.....
    Maybe your kids are wearing them...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    In a bin right next to the "Jabroni's For McCain/Palin" bedazzled jeans and t shirts.
    IAFF

Forum Member

No sense of humor.....

Thread Information