Forum Member

Default The emergency management in USA

The Civil defense in Saudi Arabia is the one of the governmental bodies that is intended to provide rapidly assistances to citizens in emergency cases. However, these efforts need convenient coordination and cooperation between many of governmental bodies to fulfill their goals, which are divided into specific tasks for each one of these bodies to do. My question is, which is the govermental body in USA that is responsible of emergancy management?
    Last edited by amar20007; 04-27-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Forum Member

don't know

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by amar20007 View Post
    The Civil defense in Saudi Arabia is the one of the governmental bodies that is intended to provide rapidly assistances to citizens in emergency cases. However, these efforts need convenient coordination and cooperation between many of governmental bodies to fulfill their goals, which are divided into specific tasks for each one of these bodies to do. My question is, which is the govermental body in USA that is responsible of emergancy management?
    Emergency management is done at the local, county, state and federal levels.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by amar20007 View Post
    FEMA, AKA Federal Emergency Management Agency is our federal level.

States have their EMA offices, as well as counties, towns, etc

When most state Emergency Operations Centers are activated, they include reps from all state agencies, as well as external groups.

Forum Member

Gentlemen, based on the OP's origins, I strongly caution everyone against answering any further questions.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Because he is from Saudi Arabia? Really?
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Gentlemen, based on the OP's origins, I strongly caution everyone against answering any further questions.
    Yeah, he might have to go look on FEMA's web page to get the same information.....

Really?

I have to think that if he really were up to no good he would have,

a. A better source than here.

b. Sense enough not to claim to be from another country.

c. Pick a country that is not an ally.

MembersZone Subscriber

better not tell him about google, he'll kill us all.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    better not tell him about google, he'll kill us all.
    Had to say it didn't you. Time to head to the shelter now that you let it out.

MembersZone Subscriber

THATS WHAT SHE SAID
    capslock

Forum Member

I certainly understand that there are many other sources for him to find information from, but why make it easy?? Besides, if he was dumb enough to come on here and ask a question that any Junior Probationary Explorer Terrorist would already know the answer too, there's no telling what he might ask. Just sayin'

MembersZone Subscriber

Because to anyone not an active member of this forum, it may appear that its an actual source of information.

Forum Member

Fire49
    DeputyChiefGonzo
    LVFD301

Thank you for your rapid answer and for your attention.
    I understand from your answers, that a commander, who work in American fire services, focuses his interests on one task and there are other commanders have tasks to supervise in emergency cases. Whereas, Saudi Civil Defense Officers have two tasks in the same time because they deal with regular fire incidents and prepare contingencies plans for disaster cases!!!

Forum Member

I certainly understand that there are many other sources for him to find information from, but why make it easy??
    BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE (read: almost no one) WHO LIVES IN THE MIDDLE EAST OR IS A FOLLOWER OF ISLAM IS A TERRORIST!

Jesus freaking christ...and people wonder why Americans are viewed as so ignorant...

Forum Member

Talking

Just proves the fact that dinosaurs have a brain the size of a walnut !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post
    BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE (read: almost no one) WHO LIVES IN THE MIDDLE EAST OR IS A FOLLOWER OF ISLAM IS A TERRORIST!

Jesus freaking christ...and people wonder why Americans are viewed as so ignorant...

Hey, ease up Francis!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ATFDFF View Post

While buff jumped the gun, I think your assumption is just as incorrect.

Forum Member

Seriously? First of all we have no idea what the origins are. Secondly, if it's really SA, they'r our ally. Lastly, even if they're not, it's not as if we're talking about any national secrets here...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Loosen the headband on the tinfoil hat brother.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

I understand what you're saying Buff, but, really, you should have left it in your head, and not put it to the keyboard.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Too late. As part of the canuckistani resistance front, I've already funneled all the information in this forum to our secret operatives in Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Iceland, Finland, and Norway.

Expect a really disorganized, partially frostbitten uprising to occur in at least 37 of the continental United States anytime now!

Back In Black

Hey, can someone post the plans for the death star?

Thanks
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    I understand what you're saying Buff, but, really, you should have left it in your head, and not put it to the keyboard.

FM1
    My apologies. There was this little thing that happened in NYC on September 11, 2001 (among other incidents worldwide) that kind of makes me suspicious of anyone from the middle east. Perhaps I am paranoid, but that's better than dead.

Forum Member

My apologies. There was this little thing that happened in NYC on September 11, 2001 (among other incidents worldwide) that kind of makes me suspicious of anyone from the middle east. Perhaps I am paranoid, but that's better than dead.
    I know the feeling. An incident in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995 has made me deeply wary of white Americans.

MembersZone Subscriber

I understand also. An incident back in 1981 has made me deeply wary of women. (Still love most of them though)

Thread Information