Forum Member

Default TRADE: bourke eye shield for Bullard Full Face Shield

Interested in trading a bullard full face shield with mounting hardware for a set of bourke eye shields with hardware. The bullard shield is in fair to good condition. If interested i can send photos thanks.

Forum Member

Wow!. Really a full face shield for a set of Bourke's?. What a deal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChallengedOne View Post
    Interested in trading a bullard full face shield with mounting hardware for a set of bourke eye shields with hardware. The bullard shield is in fair to good condition. If interested i can send photos thanks.
    Are you going to throw in the extra $20?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepundit View Post
    Are you going to throw in the extra $20?
    failed to mention that the bourke condition does not matteras they will not be put into service. Age does not matter as they will not be put into service. I really do not want to drop the 35-50 for a set that will not be put into service. If you have anyother offer sure I am willing to discuss it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChallengedOne View Post
    failed to mention that the bourke condition does not matteras they will not be put into service. Age does not matter as they will not be put into service. I really do not want to drop the 35-50 for a set that will not be put into service. If you have anyother offer sure I am willing to discuss it.
    Cheapskate....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Cheapskate....
    yeap thats me a cheapskate... trying to restore a traditional fire helmet as cheap as possible. SO that theproceeds form the photographic ad campaign, using the helmet, can be donated to the regional burn center. Higher my cost the less the donation. Sorry if my post seem like I am getting off cheap but again the more I have to spend for this the less that the unit gets. Furthermore why on earth would anyone be considered a cheapskate for buying a product brand new that they will never be used for it's intended purpose. Say I will buy a pair of brand new bourke shields to put on a refurbished helmet for this purpose. But hey thanks for letting me know your opinion.

Forum Member

Just busting your stones a little... no need to get your feathers ruffled....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Seriously, how little money are you expecting to raise that $50, to buy a set of bourkes, will negatively impact your ad campaign's fundraising?

I have wondered since you posted this why you don't just talk to a close by FD and see if they will work with you to use a helmet for this campaign.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Seriously, how little money are you expecting to raise that $50, to buy a set of bourkes, will negatively impact your ad campaign's fundraising?

I have wondered since you posted this why you don't just talk to a close by FD and see if they will work with you to use a helmet for this campaign.
    One, No department will lend me a brand new helmet. Two, the parameters of the ad campaign are to raise awareness of fire hazzards and to promote fire safety. Three the helmet will be held not worn by children and possibly used near fire victims. Which do not need to be exposed to the contaminants caused by a structure, that are present on any helmet. My process to remove these chemicals and impurities will render the helmet unfit for fire use in the future.

The add campaign is being donated by myself as a professional photographer and volunteer firefighter/emt. It's not about how little but everything possible going to them and the cause. Most of my local departments in the mabas are not authorized to use bourkes. Most of them suggested I try to find someone here that is either selling a set or would be willing to trade +/- cash. I suppose they and I thought it would help.

Feathers ruffled, nah takes more than that.

Thread Information