Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: City of Chicago Paramedic List 2011

Forum Member

They started out with six, all on the Western edge. I think 3 more have gone. So, that's about 100 more apparatus x3 shifts = an additional 300 medics from this list. The whole department is slowly turning ALS, but I wonder if they can pull off that many ALS in five years. It's been about one rig a month. Also, everyone is becoming BLS, so that helps push the single role FF out the door. In my eyes, good riddance.

Forum Member

You were pretty spot-on about the letters, AOF. August 31st...no letter. Big surprise!

Forum Member

I did hear the letter were mailed out today but not from a great source or anything. I just thought id put it out there. So maybe at the end of this week check your mail box. Other then that excited to hear the news that they will chase the bls ambo to als.

Forum Member

Heard that same thing from a couple of other people today. Hopefully true. All we can do is wait like always!

Forum Member

My buddy got his letter today...

Forum Member

Boom! The couple people I did hear that from yesterday heard it from HR so I figured it would be true. I haven't felt this anxious in a long time. Hope my luck on this list turns out a lot better than it did for the fire list.

Forum Member

My buddy came in at #265, and his friend came in at #92. Looks like the city was pretty much on time with this one...

Forum Member

Yeah it's great the city did come through on time. I came in at #307. Not great, but not terrible. I was hoping to catch a break and be high enough to go in quick, but, I'll certainly take it, especially considering there are guys down in the bottom who would kill to be in my spot. I'm low on the fire list so I can certainly relate to their plight.

Hopefully all the rumors about the 15 BLS ambulances switching to ALS, increased ALS rigs, and promotion exams for AC's and Field Chiefs all come true! Ha, as well as hoping a large percentage of those coming up for retirement actually retire. A lot of external factors can make this list burn fast, so hopefully it goes that way. Plus I'm banking on the fact that because this application was online and not terribly expensive that a lot of people applied just for the hell of it because it was easy and creates a possible option and aren't serious about actually taking a spot on account of having to move into the city, giving up on a current job or having found a new one since the applications went out, etc. I'm looking for every edge!

At the end of the day it's just nice to know where we stand and have a somewhat ballpark idea of a timeline for things. Look forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Good luck to all going forward (unless you're on the list ahead of me. haha jk)

Forum Member

I just got my letter and lets just say its under 20!!...

Forum Member

Congrats. Jealous! That's what I was hoping for but oh well.

Forum Member

Lightandfight congrats! When did u fill out the application? Im curious to see if they did chose it by random or the day you filled it out lol.

Forum Member

post edited......
    Last edited by Outlet05; 09-02-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmnffmedic86 View Post
    Lightandfight congrats! When did u fill out the application? Im curious to see if they did chose it by random or the day you filled it out lol.
    It was random, because I filled mine out literally the second it opened up and I'm at 300 so if it was based on the order you applied I'm pretty sure I would've been higher.

Forum Member

I got like 900 something oh well, I'm in the group waiting for final processing on the fire side from the 06 list hopefully that comes through at some point, who knows with the city, budget deficit new mayor etc...

Forum Member

I filled mine out around 4 pm the day it came out and thanks guys... Now its just the waiting game to see when academy's start up

Forum Member

You're in great shape. Even if they take a final class off the old list I don't imagine you're going to have to wait terribly long. Gonna be a big waiting game for everyone to see what all actually happens and doesn't happen that will affect hiring.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    I got like 900 something oh well, I'm in the group waiting for final processing on the fire side from the 06 list hopefully that comes through at some point, who knows with the city, budget deficit new mayor etc...
    At this point, i'm just happy to have a good job. If I can get in the fire side that would be a bonus. I should have gotten my EMT-P right after I took the exam and got my list # in 2006. Woulda,Coulda,Shoulda

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    At this point, i'm just happy to have a good job. If I can get in the fire side that would be a bonus. I should have gotten my EMT-P right after I took the exam and got my list # in 2006. Woulda,Coulda,Shoulda
    I share your sentiment. That's all I've done lately is kick myself in the head that I didn't go the medic route sooner. Hindsight's always 20/20 as they say.

Forum Member

Glad to see everyone got their # pretty much on time. Looks like I won't be a CFD medic anytime soon as I'm in the 1100s!

Forum Member

Finally got mine today lol! I rank in the 40's! Not too shabby!

Thread Information