+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 First ... 2345678 ... Last
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: City of Chicago Paramedic List 2011

Forum Member

what numbers did everyone get here on the cfd paramedic list that just came out? I may be sitting good on this list!

Forum Member

I was talking to someone and looks like this medic list ant gonna be taken off soon because they still have 111 black firefighter to go through the academy. So will see how soon they start to take off this list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightandFight View Post
    I was talking to someone and looks like this medic list ant gonna be taken off soon because they still have 111 black firefighter to go through the academy. So will see how soon they start to take off this list.
    Well the 111 firefighters they are hiring really have nothing to do with paramedic academies going through. Only money would hold that up. The 111 they are putting through are not going through EMT school since it was not a requirements back in 1995 when they tested. I am not saying that they will process a paramedic academy anytime soon, but there is no correlation between them hiring those 111 and starting a new paramedic academy class.

Forum Member

well what I have heard is that there is only 1 academy now and they are short on instructors... but only time will tell...

Forum Member

Forum Member

Very good news, indeed. That's been talked about for a very long time, glad to see it's looking to be a reality. If they actually do convert five by next spring like mentioned in the article that's a good chunk of hiring between now and then right off the bat, in addition to whatever else they wanted/needed to hire to begin with without converting the five rigs. I know 15 paramedics were promoted to PIC as well so there's even more holes to fill. Definitely promising news.

MembersZone Subscriber

Has there been any activity on this list?

Forum Member

no word yet on anything.. we will know more after the first of jan.... june 29th starts contract negotiations so depending on what will happen with the city, I could see alot of paramedics retiring

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightandFight View Post

good news! but look at what our mayor had to say:
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...mbulances.html

Forum Member

Did anyone hear that they are to hire 50 medics because of the g8 summit..... if that is true I wonder if they are gonna grab them from the old list or just start from the new list... its sounds like 1st week of march they want to get running...

MembersZone Subscriber

A year after the thread opened. Anyone with news? I hear processing has started again.

Forum Member

Processing off this list or the old one? I know the last group of people processed off the old list prior to the new one being created have gotten letters about medical and such, probably replacing the crossovers that are going into this current fire academy class.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe the city is finishing off the last of the old list. Rumor has it that the class will be going in soon, but they haven't been given a date yet. I don't think processing has started for the new list as of yet.

Forum Member

does anybody know how frequent the cfd open up testing for paramedic? i know they just tested in june of 2011. does anybody knowm when they may test again?

thanks

Forum Member

They don't test, it's just an open application. That said, it won't open up again for four years, easily, I'd say. All depends how fast they go through this list but there are 1,200 or people on it and they haven't even begun processing off of it yet. There's one more class going in off the old list first that's possibly starting next month but it keeps getting pushed back. Four years is a good over/under I would say.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman26 View Post
    They don't test, it's just an open application. That said, it won't open up again for four years, easily, I'd say. All depends how fast they go through this list but there are 1,200 or people on it and they haven't even begun processing off of it yet. There's one more class going in off the old list first that's possibly starting next month but it keeps getting pushed back. Four years is a good over/under I would say.
    I'd say four years is the minimum. Most of the previous lists have lasted about 3-4 years with about 500-600 applicants. With the current list being double that it may be 6+ years before the city exhausts the list and opens a new one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like a new class will be starting the academy next month. This should finish off the old list.

Forum Member

Ya oct 1st is when they are going to start.. super excited for them! I hope they start sending letters for the new list... I would love to see another academy start around jan/feb but who knows

Forum Member

Good news. Let's keep 'em moving! Be great to see a class go off the new list quick, but I'll take at least one class going in now to finish the old one off. Best of luck to them and congrats on finally getting in. (Assuming this actually happens.)

MembersZone Subscriber

First day of the academy for the next group of CFPM's. I wish them luck. It'll be the best/worst 3 months of their lives.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any developments?

Forum Member

Nothing concrete. Only things I know for certain are that a ton of people retired and there will be a bunch of newly promoted AC's soon and top that off they were very shorthanded to begin with so there are going to be a crapload of vacancies. I don't see how they don't put a class or two through this year but with this city you just never do know.

Forum Member

Any updates?? Fire side just got letters.

Forum Member

I hear they are gonna start firing up the medic list soon. It sounds like once the fire class is done with emt-b they will have a medic class right after.

Forum Member

Its been a while since any updates. Anyone listening to the rumor mill? They gonna fire up this list soon? Cpat? Etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information