MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Exclamation STOP Blowing My Mind With This!

First they said lots of sex was GOOD for the heart, now....

Sex could literally blow your mind, study suggests

Postmedia News May 6, 2011 4:04 AM

Talk about your unsafe sex. First researchers suggested having sex could boost your risk of a heart attack. Now, a study seems to say that if it doesn't stop your heart, it just might literally blow your mind.

Dutch researchers say sexual activity is one of the eight main triggers - along with blowing your nose and drinking coffee - that increase the risk of a rare intracranial aneurysm that can sometimes rupture and cause a stroke. Researchers also found that the risk rose shortly after drinking alcohol.

"Subarachnoid hemor-rhage caused by the rupture of an intracranial aneurysm is a devastating event that often affects young adults," said Dr.

Monique H.M. Vlak, a neurologist at the University Medical Centre in Utrecht and lead author of the study published in Stroke: Journal of the American Heart Association. "These trigger factors we found are superimposed on known risk factors, including female gender, age and hypertension."

An intracranial aneurysm is a weakness in the wall of a blood vessel in the brain that can cause it to balloon. When it ruptures, it causes a subarachnoid hemorrhage - a stroke caused by bleeding at the base of the brain. Researchers say about two per cent of the population have these aneurysms.

Drinking coffee is actually more likely to set off a subarachnoid hemorrhage than sex - and so is blowing your nose, according to the researchers, who calculated the "attributable risk" of the eight trigger factors as follows: drinking coffee, 10.6 per cent; vigorous physical exercise, 7.9 per cent; nose-blowing, 5.4 per cent; sexual intercourse, 4.3 per cent; straining to defecate, 3.6 per cent; drinking cola, 3.5 per cent; being startled, 2.7 per cent; and being angry, 1.3 per cent.

Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/health/...#ixzz1LaI98CX6

MAKE UP MY FARK'N MIND HERE folks!

Forum Member

I saw this on the tube last night.

I am not stopping any of those things.

Life is too short anyway.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Sex isn't much more strenuous on this than dropping a stink pickle. You gotta do what you gotta do.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Home sick today Malahat so I did some rough math. Given the time you have been posting,number of posts and that you have the same physical needs that most humans do (sleep,eat,e.t.c) You havent had more than 3.17 hours to engage in this dangerous activity since 2002. If you continue your life in this manner you could potentially live an additional 17.44 years longer without sex than you would have with. YOU LUCKY DEVIL!.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    Home sick today Malahat so I did some rough math. Given the time you have been posting,number of posts and that you have the same physical needs that most humans do (sleep,eat,e.t.c) You havent had more than 3.17 hours to engage in this dangerous activity since 2002. If you continue your life in this manner you could potentially live an additional 17.44 years longer without sex than you would have with. YOU LUCKY DEVIL!.
    ROFLMAO! thank you! I very much needed a good laugh. Been a long day dealing long distance with STUPID people, who can't seem to read.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Drinking coffee is actually more likely to set off a subarachnoid hemorrhage than sex - and so is blowing your nose, according to the researchers, who calculated the "attributable risk" of the eight trigger factors as follows: drinking coffee, 10.6 per cent; vigorous physical exercise, 7.9 per cent; nose-blowing, 5.4 per cent; sexual intercourse, 4.3 per cent; straining to defecate, 3.6 per cent; drinking cola, 3.5 per cent; being startled, 2.7 per cent; and being angry, 1.3 per cent.
    And if you do all of those things at the same time: 39.3% chance. I think I saw that in a movie once.. Those young coeds should get hazard pay.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    And if you do all of those things at the same time: 39.3% chance. I think I saw that in a movie once.. Those young coeds should get hazard pay.
    HAHAHAHAHA I will have to 2nd that lol

Thread Information