Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rochester, NY?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rochester, NY?

anyone know when the City Of Rochester will open another test?

i cant remember the last one they posted, even though I did take it. Had to been 2007.

Forum Member

Don't hold your breath... Rochester is currently trying to downsize the dept. I have no idea about a new test, but now is probably not a good time to look for a job in the city-they're broke.

You might try one of the suburban depts. Gates/Chili; Greece; Irondequoit; Henrietta, all have career staff. I haven't heard anything about them hiring, but it doesn't hurt to ask. They might be able to give you current info on a civil service test, as well. At least they aren't screaming about no money...

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info NN. I beleive we may have spoke on another gun enthusiest forum. or maybe it was someone with the same handle.

im not in Monroe County and most of the suburb depts (at least from what I remember) require residency to even take the test.

Either way thanks for the update. I had figured when I got the letter in the mail a while ago that they extended the current RFD list they wasnt that much movement happening. Oh well. I took a Batavia City's test so we will see how far down on the list i make on that one lol

Stay safe

Forum Member

Rochester is currently working on creating another test, which is straight from the words of one of there battalion chiefs. I wouldn't count on a test soon as already stated they plan to lay off 50 guys and close an engine company. As far as all the departments in Monroe County all hiring comes off the same Monroe County Test which was given not too long ago. Not sure when another one of them will come up.

Thread Information