Forum Member

Emailed them saturday about using past score ... still no word...

MembersZone Subscriber

Really hoping we can I don't think there gonna let me take off I just started a new job but also don't wanna miss a great opportunity..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    Emailed them saturday about using past score ... still no word...
    Check your SPAM mail folder for a delivery-failure message. I've tried multiple times and every time I get a failure message. Left message on HR voicemail, and sent an email to the webmaster. Still no response.
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

The test isn't that hard..the study guide is EXACTLY like the test..I took it in virginia and answered how I figured the test wanted me to answer..did OK..not as well as I'd like to but its not bad..utilize the study guide and it will be ok..

on a side note..I called HR a while back about how intense/what they are looking for in their credit check..got transfered twice..got no answer..so maybe they just aren't on the ball/ are understaffed and over worked..

Forum Member

just checked my spam folder and got a failure message ... if we all keep calling someone has to answer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    just checked my spam folder and got a failure message ... if we all keep calling someone has to answer
    I called today and spoke with someone. She said she is going to check into it for me and asked for me to call back tomorrow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    I called today and spoke with someone. She said she is going to check into it for me and asked for me to call back tomorrow.
    good job haha.... let us know what they have to say

MembersZone Subscriber

any news?............

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by galice View Post
    any news?............
    Word from HR is you have to take the test at the PGC testing site, no other results from other tests will be accepted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well then I'm out. Good luck to all.
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonizzle View Post
    Well then I'm out. Good luck to all.
    Unfortunately me too. Won't be able to swing the cost of flight, hotel, and rental car this month.

Forum Member

Got the same answer ... Gotta drive 5 hours to take a test I just passed ...

Forum Member

Anyone else having trouble dowloading the study guide? I keep getting a link that offers me a membership to buy the study guide from "docstoc"?

Forum Member

lol you dont really need a study guide bro...75% of the test is "what would you do" type questions...multiple choice..the rest is basic math, english, and reading comprehension...but give them a call anyway, better to be safe then sorry.

Forum Member

Last edited by JCff55; 07-19-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Forum Member

yes..I took it in Loudoun county..I figured I would answer how I thought the dept wanted me to answer i.e. politically correct and what not..didn't do that well, I mean I passed but not what I thought I would..just answer honestly lol

Forum Member

Last edited by JCff55; 07-19-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCff55 View Post
    Dude, I did that for the Allentown test, answer honestly, and I did horrible. And I am almost 100% sure I killed the knowledge part. So it was either the work styles questionnaire or the personality part. I'm not a POS or wacker so I have no clue how I did so poorly on the personality part of the test, although I have to agree, when theres 200 some questions like asking you random things in 5 different ways, it's easy to get jammed up. I still think it's best to answer honestly though.

You took the Allentown test? Me too...I couldn't stand that test..I'll be honest with you, I have no idea how they scored that test because I know they only asked about 10 questions, but they asked them 10 different ways..and I know one was about if you like to be in a leadership role..I answered like " moderate" or something..if you answer no do you get less points then if you answer yes?

Screw Allentown though..It really aggravated me that they didn't have the tower up during the practice run...

Forum Member

Back on topic..does anyone know how big the workforce is? I see ALOT of 100% volly departments down there handling alot of work..is this test just to establish a list or to for sure hire?

Does anyone know anyone who is working for/has been through the process? just wondering about the academy and what not..god I hope they don't issue rubber boots.

Forum Member

ggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Last edited by usellout911; 09-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Forum Member

yes they are going to hiring from this test. this is the department you want to take the test for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson7673 View Post
    yes they are going to hiring from this test. this is the department you want to take the test for.
    Thank god..I think I might want this more then FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Griff I wouldn't worry about what kind of boots you will be issued... Being a career firefighter for PGFD is AMAZING. This is a department full of outstanding firefighters who aren't worried about the gear they are issued or staffing levels, they simply get the job done! As for the work force in Prince George's there are roughly 800 uniformed employees and the chief is looking to increase that number to 1250. Worry about passing the test and CPAT then worry about buying leather boots.

Forum Member

LoL..I'm guessing your an employee?

Forum Member

I am taking the written on Tuesday and also interested in hearing more information from verified sources. This site can be a great resource but it seems that it sometimes is more harmful than helpful. There is a time and a place for hazing/insulting newbies/rookies, what-have-you, but not when people who are legitimately working hard to acquire a job are trying to get more information. 1st In, if your information is sincere, it sounds very promising. I would love to hear more from you or any other person who is truly "in-the-know." Good luck to all participating in this process.

Thread Information