+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 First ... 3456789 ... Last
  1. #126
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arnold, MD
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd1107 View Post
    What do I do now that my CPAT slot on government jobs says pass??
    Did you fax/email your CPAT cert to them?

  2. #127
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Yes I did send them my CPAT info

  3. #128
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arnold, MD
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd1107 View Post
    Yes I did send them my CPAT info
    I guess we wait.

    For those who haven't turned in their CPAT, what does your CPAT status say on governmentjobs.com?

  4. #129
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arnold, MD
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TConti09 View Post
    I talked to a buddy who went through the process last year, he said the top 400 written test scores got CPAT's, the CPAT was pass fail. Then after the CPAT, the top 200 get the background investigation packet.
    Reading several posts from last years process, it seems like people started their background investigation even before the CPAT. Did I read it incorrectly?

    Sorry for the double post.

  5. #130
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonjun1025 View Post
    I guess we wait.

    For those who haven't turned in their CPAT, what does your CPAT status say on governmentjobs.com?
    It Says N/A.. It's a long wait though.. The Actual CPAT date is October 15..

  6. #131
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I hope they look to hire real soon....

  7. #132
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Arnold, MD
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Anyone know when we'll get our list number?

  8. #133
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd1107 View Post
    I hope they look to hire real soon....
    My friend graduated the academy today. He says the academys are expected to start next spring.

  9. #134
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PG County, MD
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniRide View Post
    My friend graduated the academy today. He says the academys are expected to start next spring.
    as far as i know the word for a start date is late Jan/early Feb.

  10. #135
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somebody509 View Post
    as far as i know the word for a start date is late Jan/early Feb.
    I like what you say better!

  11. #136
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Well just got into my hotel room for the night, see everyone tomorrow night! Long drive from VT

  12. #137
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    palermo new york
    Posts
    22

    Talking

    I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow as well, work 4 hrs in the am drive 7-8 hrs to MD then driving right back to NY for work on Thursday. All for the greatest job in the world.

  13. #138
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffkisselstein View Post
    I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow as well, work 4 hrs in the am drive 7-8 hrs to MD then driving right back to NY for work on Thursday. All for the greatest job in the world.
    That's why I drove as soon as we are done I'm heading back to VT sobibcan work Thursday night

  14. #139
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    There's no kind of dress code for the orientation is there?

  15. #140
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Haven't heard but I don't think it wouldn't be a bad idea to look someday decent for instance nice pair of jeans or pants and either a polo or button shirt

  16. #141
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wfd244 View Post
    Haven't heard but I don't think it wouldn't be a bad idea to look someday decent for instance nice pair of jeans or pants and either a polo or button shirt
    Ok thanks.

  17. #142
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeford_J90 View Post
    There's no kind of dress code for the orientation is there?
    The 3 of us are wearing suits.

  18. #143
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I just wanna make sure... If we sent our CPAT stuff already we don't have to show up tonight correct?

  19. #144
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64

    Default

    As long as you got the confirmation. Your fine

  20. #145
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PG County, MD
    Posts
    428

    Default

    i'm showing up in shorts and a shirt(no, not a whacker shirt...that's one of the few things you shouldnt wear to this)....no dress code. Nothing wrong with wearing a suit but they'll doubtfully remember your name after this....only thing i'll wear a suit for is the interview.

  21. #146
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniRide View Post
    The 3 of us are wearing suits.
    Did he just ask you three to stand up? If so I saw you all. I was in the bk & had asked a question about if you waived to attend the mandatory sessions could you still participate in the timed sessions which the answer was No.

  22. #147
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I don't know how great I feel about the odds after hearing some of that information. I do have some things on my side but 1 in 10 is tough. Good luck to everyone.

  23. #148
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper173 View Post
    I don't know how great I feel about the odds after hearing some of that information. I do have some things on my side but 1 in 10 is tough. Good luck to everyone.
    Yes 1 in 10 is tough. But like he said ALOT of people will eliminate theirselves off the little stuff. so as long as we stay on top of our priorities we should all be okay.

  24. #149
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PG County, MD
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper173 View Post
    I don't know how great I feel about the odds after hearing some of that information. I do have some things on my side but 1 in 10 is tough. Good luck to everyone.
    what? 1 in 10 is good odds compared to what you usually get in this area....

  25. #150
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PG County, MD
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeford_J90 View Post
    Did he just ask you three to stand up? If so I saw you all. I was in the bk & had asked a question about if you waived to attend the mandatory sessions could you still participate in the timed sessions which the answer was No.
    yeah which really sucks...i have stuff i needed to get done on one of the walk through days, but have 0 interest in going....don't want to waive because then you dont get the advantage of the timed practice runs..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 First ... 3456789 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Prince George's County,Maryland Firefighter/EMT 2010
    By SeagraveBaby in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 445
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
  3. Ronald D. Blackwell, Prince George's County, MD
    By NJFFSA16 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 01:46 PM
  4. Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department-Maryland TRACS
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Specialized Rescue
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 02:23 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-1999, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register