Thread: Toyne and LTI

Forum Member

Default Toyne and LTI

Announcement coming soon!

Forum Member

I thought it already got announced????? Toyne had it on their Facebook page last week or the week before????
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Well, with ALF making their chassis available to OEM's, it was just a matter of time before they offered the aerial line as well....

Let's talk fire trucks!

ALF announced at FDIC that both their chassis and the LTI aerial lines would be available to OEMs...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    ALF announced at FDIC that both their chassis and the LTI aerial lines would be available to OEMs...
    I didn't make it to FDIC this year......

What does everyone else think about this? Will other manufacturers follow suit? Could Seagrave offer their Aerialscope to other OEM's? In these lean times, it might help the manufacturers survive...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmcatee1 View Post
    I didn't make it to FDIC this year......

What does everyone else think about this? ...
    I know a LOT of people that are waiting for the Snorkel/Squrt line of products to be made available..........
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Toyne with LTI? What's NOT to like about that? Don't think RK will like it but who knows. I'll be interested ti see how that marriage looks, should make a NICE rig. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 05-15-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Member

Question Lti ?

Are the LTI aerials built at the American Lafrance S.C plant or up here in PA, ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    Are the LTI aerials built at the American Lafrance S.C plant or up here in PA, ?
    Ephrata, Pa.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I know a LOT of people that are waiting for the Snorkel/Squrt line of products to be made available..........
    Or why not just sell off the intellectual property rights for that line? You at least get yourself some $ that way. It seems like ALF is getting $0 for a product (Telesqurts and Squrts) that at least in theory should have some value.

I know that Snorkels are now a really small niche product, but obviously there are people (especially in Chicagoland) who still want them. I never got why ALF just quit making them rather than sell off the rights to the design to somebody.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneL1L View Post
    Or why not just sell off the intellectual property rights for that line? You at least get yourself some $ that way. It seems like ALF is getting $0 for a product (Telesqurts and Squrts) that at least in theory should have some value.

I know that Snorkels are now a really small niche product, but obviously there are people (especially in Chicagoland) who still want them. I never got why ALF just quit making them rather than sell off the rights to the design to somebody.
    If memory serves me correct, there has not been a Snorkel manufactured since 2001 (give or take).

C6

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneL1L View Post

I'm sure you're right, there should be a niche market for them. I don't claim to know any answers, but I'll take a shot in the dark. It's called liability. The engineering bucks it would take to bring them up to today's standards and for testing and certification would be pretty astronomical. Not to mention manufacturing tooling as well. Unless you have a pretty large order book for them, it's doubtful that anyone could cost justify what it would take. Real shame, while time and experience showed us that they had alot of limitations, they did have their uses. I'll make a guess that ALF may have tried to sell it, but no takers.

Rumor has it that Squrts and Telesqurts will be available to OEMs.

Forum Member

Default RK caused them to go to LTI

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Toyne with LTI? What's NOT to like about that? Don't think RK will like it but who knows. I'll be inteested ti see how that marriage looks, should make a NICE rig. T.C.
    RK, or Rosenbauer Lyons at least, cut Tyone off on the RK product so if they don't like them using American LaFrance aerials they have no one to blame but themselves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Command6 View Post
    If memory serves me correct, there has not been a Snorkel manufactured since 2001 (give or take).

C6
    Your memory is right on. We talked about this in a thread I started in September of last year. The 3 Chicago Snorkel Squads were the last of the Snorkel product built, according to an email I received from ALF.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Rumor has it that Squrts and Telesqurts will be available to OEMs.
    I can confirm that's true.

In fact, here's a press release (dated today) from Virginia's CustomFire dealer about this.
    Last edited by BoxAlarm187; 05-15-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Ephrata, Pa.
    By the folks that KNOW them Best,T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomwnh View Post
    RK, or Rosenbauer Lyons at least, cut Tyone off on the RK product so if they don't like them using American LaFrance aerials they have no one to blame but themselves.
    I DOUBT it was Robs idea. Although I can see why Harold would grate over it. T.c.

Forum Member

Toyne should have made a deal with Smeal, at least they can get parts for the aerials. trying to get parts & service for any ALF/LTI apparatus maybe difficult in the near future?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    Toyne should have made a deal with Smeal, at least they can get parts for the aerials. trying to get parts & service for any ALF/LTI apparatus maybe difficult in the near future?
    I would think it's a wait and see situation with ALF, I imagine at this point they have their Ducks in a row in order to sell off their chassis' and aerials to other manufacturers... Maybe Desperate Times call for desperate measures.

Forum Member

I'm sure that Toyne and others made sure that parts were available first. I can't imagine any OEM jumping in without knowing exactly what to expect.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rmcatee1 View Post
    I'm sure that Toyne and others made sure that parts were available first. I can't imagine any OEM jumping in without knowing exactly what to expect.....
    I had one hell of a post typed up, then I thought better of it.

Best of luck to all involved in this new endeavor...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I had one hell of a post typed up, then I thought better of it.

Best of luck to all involved in this new endeavor...
    Care to Elaborate?

I for one am happy to see the aerial market open up from RK (Smeal to some extent), though don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with either mentioned

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianFyrTrks View Post
    Care to Elaborate?

I for one am happy to see the aerial market open up from RK (Smeal to some extent), though don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with either mentioned
    As I'm a guy that's looking for work in the sales field once again, I'm better off saying less. But I do know that lots of builders that once used ALF prior to them being shut off from everyone before had plenty to say about the issues they had with ALF. I find it interesting that some are already right there ready to use them again, especially with all of the problems ALF has had in the past few years.

Hopefully, ALF will do well with this new business model, and everyone succeeds. I for one, would be terrified as a salesman that ALF's chassis or aerial would be delivered well beyond when it should be.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    As I'm a guy that's looking for work in the sales field once again, I'm better off saying less. But I do know that lots of builders that once used ALF prior to them being shut off from everyone before had plenty to say about the issues they had with ALF. I find it interesting that some are already right there ready to use them again, especially with all of the problems ALF has had in the past few years.

Hopefully, ALF will do well with this new business model, and everyone succeeds. I for one, would be terrified as a salesman that ALF's chassis or aerial would be delivered well beyond when it should be.
    OR not at all when they pull the plug again!

Forum Member

What happened between Toyne, and RK, for the ladders???

Sam, do I already know the answer to this????

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Thread Information