Forum Member

Default massachusetts testing

I'm looking to get some help with my written test for the firefighter 1/11 test. any and all suggestions would be great.thanks

Forum Member

I suggest reading up on the material. Read your essentials of firefighting book you got and go through your hazmat stuff. I went through the course a few years ago and we thought we knew it all and only about 10 out of 20 of us passed it. It isn't something to take lightly. Perhaps you and someone from a dept you are on or from class could get together and read with each other and go over the material. Water supply,fire supression, search and rescue, salvage overhaul, all that. I forget how many questions it was though. Study hard and good luck!

Forum Member

thanks do you have any sites or books that would help out with studying?

Forum Member

The current test is based on the Jones and Bartlett Fundamentals of Firefighter Skills book.

Everything you need is in there. You do need to study though. The passing rate in my class was pretty close to 50%.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by youngguy67 View Post
    I'm looking to get some help with my written test for the firefighter 1/11 test. any and all suggestions would be great.thanks
    I just graduated from the state fire academy and took the exam a few months ago and this workbook was a great help. The folks that used it did much better than the folks who didn't. Exam Prep: Fire Fighter I and II, Second Edition. Here's a link for it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Exam-Prep-Fire...5654199&sr=8-1

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by youngguy67 View Post
    The workbook that comes from Jones and Bartlett I found to be very helpful. I tested for my I/II last year through the MFA. Wasn't too bad as far as a written, my academy didn't cover the terrorism section or the last ops section at all. I did on my free time, and it turned out to have a bunch of questions from there. There are a couple sections of the I/II test up there, so just do the workbook and you'll be all set. Its a worth while investment.

Thread Information