Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: West Metro (Colorado) 2011 testing

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnInFirestone View Post
    Of course, as soon as I ask people, I get my answer. Just got an email saying test results and ranking for everyone should be available by the end of the week.
    Thank God something came out to tell us...now I will seriously try not to stock this page as much...well that's a lie.

Forum Member

You're not the only one, ljm. I joined Firehouse.com just to be able to post to this thread! Good to know the waiting will be over Friday.

You're not the only one, ljm. I joined Firehouse.com just to be able to post to this thread! Good to know the waiting will be over Friday.
    That is good news. I was hoping for something yesterday or today, but what's another couple of days to determine the next 2 years, right?

They have been really conscious about dotting I's and crossing T's for each stage of this hiring process, making sure that nothing can come back to bite them. I'm sure there is probably some certification of the list process and what not.

Welcome to the club John.

Stay safe... and sane everyone.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

You guys doing anything for the 10th anniversary of 9/11?

I'm heading up a team from my dept to do the Denver Stair Climb. It's gonna be a ball buster I'm sure, but it's been fun training and getting ready for that.

Anyone else doing something? Just curious...

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    You guys doing anything for the 10th anniversary of 9/11?

I'm heading up a team from my dept to do the Denver Stair Climb. It's gonna be a ball buster I'm sure, but it's been fun training and getting ready for that.

Anyone else doing something? Just curious...
    YJ,
    I'll be with some of my crew at the Red Rocks stair climb. You going to RR or the one in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by ljm View Post
    YJ,
    I'll be with some of my crew at the Red Rocks stair climb. You going to RR or the one in Denver?
    Cool. Doing the DFD one downtown. I took a vote to see which one my guys wanted to do and they and I liked the idea of being in the stair well for the climb. I've never been to RRs though, but it sounds like a cool place to have a climb also. Maybe next year...

Forum Member

West Metro's going to Red Rocks. The Qwest Building (now called something else) stair climb is a ballbuster but the view is awesome.

Have fun, and good luck!

ljm
    Forum Member

Alright today is the big day! It probably won't happen until 5pm but I'll be on here shortly after to see how everybody placed, good luck guys! Let's hope for this list to be fully consumed!

Haha! I was just thinking the same thing ljm. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Was REALLY hoping the list would be out at 8am. Nope. 10 o'clock? Still nuthin'.

I guess waiting for the list is like fire service itself; sit around for an unknown amount of time waiting for something to happen without being able to control what happens or when.

Here's hoping we're all in the top 10!

Forum Member

Just went back and looked at this thread. If 144 really made it to oral boards, unless someone BOMBED the orals (which I have done before, not sure this time), they're going to make the list. WMFR said they expect the list to be 125-200 names long.

ljm
    Forum Member

With my stalking abilities I have aquired over the years of myspace and facebook I noticed the minutes posted from the last board meeting, just trying to see if there was any discussion of a March academy...it's located here:
    http://www.westmetrofire.org/archive...11_unbound.pdf

It's from July 19th, but at the bottom of page 4, the hiring process numbers are broken out:
    The testing process: 1,105 individuals applied, 929 took the written test and 599 people passed. Of the 599 individuals, 24 were female. Oral boards begin on August 2, 2011. There will be four panels of three West Metro firefighters. Training for the oral boards interviewers was provided by Booth and Associates. Approximately 174 individuals will participate in the oral boards.

Forum Member

Almost 600 out of 930 passed the written? Either this was the smartest group testing in WMFR's history or WMFR really changed the test from last time.

When I checked out last time, there were 13 people including me whose pass/fail results I heard. Only 3 of us passed. The last test was hard! This one required you to pay attention and be thorough but wasn't as hard.

The testing process: 1,105 individuals applied, 929 took the written test and 599 people passed. Of the 599 individuals, 24 were female. Oral boards begin on August 2, 2011. There will be four panels of three West Metro firefighters. Training for the oral boards interviewers was provided by Booth and Associates. Approximately 174 individuals will participate in the oral boards.
    I know that several of the processes have changed since last year (PAT scoring, written seemed diff/easier IMO, oral board structure) so it will drastically affect this years ranking but last year a 92 on the written, 85 on the PAT and 71 on the oral (wha whaaaa) got me to rank 47. In two years however (how long our list is scheduled to be active) they didn't get to my number. I don't know how many academies, nor how large they were, they had.

Just thought you guys might like to know before the next rounds of speculation begins.

Good luck all.

...unless someone BOMBED the orals (which I have done before, not sure this time)
    I'm right with you John. I walked out of there saying "That went well... I think?" but I think that was what the Booth training was supposed to do.

I heard that they were specifically given coaching not to show any sort of emotion, positive or negative during the oral.

We'll see.

ljm
    Forum Member

I'm right with you John. I walked out of there saying "That went well... I think?" but I think that was what the Booth training was supposed to do.

I heard that they were specifically given coaching not to show any sort of emotion, positive or negative during the oral.

We'll see.
    YJ,
    What's Booth training? Already googled it but came up empty handed, well I'm going to go hit the gym that should pass another hour...

I wonder what the push was to make the test more lax this go around...

Forum Member

... but last year a 92 on the written, 85 on the PAT and 71 on the oral (wha whaaaa) got me to rank 47.
    Wow, the scores must have been pretty tight. I got 88/84/71 and placed 100th out of 122 for the 2008 test.

ljm
    Forum Member

OK, I'm retarded...

"Training for the oral boards interviewers was provided by Booth and Associates."

YJ,
    What's Booth training? Already googled it but came up empty handed, well I'm going to go hit the gym that should pass another hour...

I wonder what the push was to make the test more lax this go around...
    I meant Booth and Associates, like you mentioned above in your post.

It seems to me like they didn't want anyone to be able to come back and say some part of the process was unfair so they eased it up a bit. Like what a lot of the major depts are going through. FDNY, Chicago to name a few off the top of my head.

OK, I'm retarded...

"Training for the oral boards interviewers was provided by Booth and Associates."
    Haha, I was replying to your post as you were typing this out.

Don't worry. I won't tell WM.

Thread Information