+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: West Metro (Colorado) 2011 testing

Forum Member

Default West Metro (Colorado) 2011 testing

Starting a new WMFR thread for the May testing that just started.

How'd everyone do on the written? I thought the test was a little different than past years, but I was still racing to get it all done in the 2 hrs.

Anyone take the PAT today?

Best of luck to all.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody View Post
    Starting a new WMFR thread for the May testing that just started.

How'd everyone do on the written? I thought the test was a little different than past years, but I was still racing to get it all done in the 2 hrs.

Anyone take the PAT today?

Best of luck to all.
    First time taking it...I was racing also, after the one hour call I was on question 41 or something, my heart started racing man. Got it done with about 5 minutes to sapre. Scored a 91...hope that is high enough to start me off on the right foot.

How'd you do YJ?

Forum Member

I got 88 on the test, PAT on the 12th. 91 is a great score LJM. I placed on the hiring list with a score in the low 80's last test.

Forum Member

Default Pat

I just finished looking on WM website for what a 100% score would be on the PAT. I couldn't find any specifics. If you don't finish 5:30 in section 1 you fail and similar in the wildland section. Anyone know what a perfect time is?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kookoos1 View Post
    I just finished looking on WM website for what a 100% score would be on the PAT. I couldn't find any specifics. If you don't finish 5:30 in section 1 you fail and similar in the wildland section. Anyone know what a perfect time is?
    Thanks
    It's been a while, but I thought the perfect time was 4:00 which seems ridiculous to me. Maybe someone else that goes through their PAT soon can provide some details though. I never saw anyone make that time in any of my past sessions, but I talked to some of the WM proctors that said a few guys had done it in years past. Don't know what the cutoff scores are though.

Quote Originally Posted by ljm View Post
    First time taking it...I was racing also, after the one hour call I was on question 41 or something, my heart started racing man. Got it done with about 5 minutes to sapre. Scored a 91...hope that is high enough to start me off on the right foot.

How'd you do YJ?
    Nice score ljm! Yeah, I was at #48 when they called 1 hr left. The reading comp section is always a slower portion for me, but I scanned the test at the beginning and noticed the end of it was all scenario questions which go a little faster for me.

I scored a 96 so I'm psyched about that. I think I'm gonna need all the points I can get to balance out the PAT unfortunately, but we'll see.

PAT scheduled for the 12th so I'll check back in with my score then.

Best of luck to all. That training facility is awesome!

ljm
    Forum Member

Tacoma, nice job on the test! Good to hear low 80's was able to get on the list...let's hope it's the same this year.

YJ, holy crap nice score!

Not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about the PAT, it's not like the CPAT where a pass is a pass...when it's based on time like this one there is nobody to blame but yourself for not scoring higher...

Best of luck all, I have my PAT slated for 31 May I'll post my time once I'm done (no matter how embarrassing it is).

Forum Member

Tacoma, nice job on the test! Good to hear low 80's was able to get on the list...let's hope it's the same this year.

YJ, holy crap nice score!

Not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about the PAT, it's not like the CPAT where a pass is a pass...when it's based on time like this one there is nobody to blame but yourself for not scoring higher...

Best of luck all, I have my PAT slated for 31 May I'll post my time once I'm done (no matter how embarrassing it is).
    Thx ljm, they made an announcement at my written that you needed 70's or above on all 3 portions of the tests to be placed on the hiring list. So, even if you don't do well on the PAT you just need to get a 70% or above to move onto orals.

Don't quote me on this next part, but I wanna say that I remember the PAT scores being based off a scale ranging from 4-8 mins.

4:00 being a perfect 100% and 8:00 earns you a 70%. Every 8 seconds above the 4:00 mark knocks a percentage off your score (example: 4:08=99%, 4:16=98%, etc.). The math makes sense, but I don't know if this is still how they are doing it or if I'm remembering it all correctly.

And like kookoos was saying, I think there are additional cutoff times for the first 6 events and the run separately.

Good luck on your PATs guys!

Stay safe.

Forum Member

When I went to the practice PAT's they were saying a 5:30 is the cutoff for 100 percent on the PAT. They have relaxed the standards for the physical because of fear of lawsuits and whatnot. Each event has it's own cutoff time (see the website for specifics) but you have to finish both in under 8 minutes (8 minutes counting as a 70 percent). Have my physical on the 31st. Hoping for the best but going to the practice sessions definitely helped.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtlp66 View Post
    When I went to the practice PAT's they were saying a 5:30 is the cutoff for 100 percent on the PAT. They have relaxed the standards for the physical because of fear of lawsuits and whatnot. Each event has it's own cutoff time (see the website for specifics) but you have to finish both in under 8 minutes (8 minutes counting as a 70 percent). Have my physical on the 31st. Hoping for the best but going to the practice sessions definitely helped.
    Thx for the quick responses. So 530 is a 100%. Ill be there on the 31st as well. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

So you need to finish both 1st and 2nd portion of the PAT in under 5:30?

Forum Member

Awesome, thanks for the up-to-date info.

Good luck with your test!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonjun1025 View Post
    So you need to finish both 1st and 2nd portion of the PAT in under 5:30?
    You don't have to, but if you do both under 5:30 you get full 100% score. More than that and you get a lower percent based on your time as long as you aren't above 8:00 it sounds like.

Forum Member

Great score yjbrody! I scored an 89 and took the PAT on Sunday the 22nd. I barely made it. Coming from sea level 2 days before doesn't help.
    I saw a few 100%'s, but everyone in my group passed. I'm definitely retesting in July. Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by royboy View Post
    Great score yjbrody! I scored an 89 and took the PAT on Sunday the 22nd. I barely made it. Coming from sea level 2 days before doesn't help.
    I saw a few 100%'s, but everyone in my group passed. I'm definitely retesting in July. Good luck to everyone!
    Yeah man, I can imagine that would be tough coming from low altitude and running through their course. It's hard enough as it is already, when compared to other PATs out there IMO.

Best of luck with your retake.

Default 100% pat

To get 100% you need to have finish everything in 5 minutes and 32 seconds. From that point on you you lose a % every 2 seconds, (5:34=99%, and so on). I took it on the 22nd, pretty decent PAT. Seemed like I heard a lot of guys getting 90's and lower. Good luck!!!
    If you aim at nothing, you will surely hit it.

Forum Member

Default Average overall score to make top ten?

Does anyone know what the overall score was for the persons 1-10 on the last cycles list was? Just trying to get an idea of what you realistically need to score after all 3 phases are added up.

ljm
    Forum Member

Just finished my PAT, 5:19. Section 1: 3:29, Section 2: 1:50.

I have to say the proctors are there to help. If you want a pacer, they'll pace it, they'll call times/splits, whatever. I think the only thing they won't do is throw you on their back and run it for you.

If you have any questions you think I can answer feel free to shoot me a PM or throw it up on the forum. Good luck all!

Forum Member

I have to say the proctors are there to help. If you want a pacer, they'll pace it, they'll call times/splits, whatever. I think the only thing they won't do is throw you on their back and run it for you.

If you have any questions you think I can answer feel free to shoot me a PM or throw it up on the forum. Good luck all!
    Nice score man! Thanks for the tip on the proctors. That's good to hear.

Sent you a PM

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Forum Member

Sorry double post.....

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    Dude nice job!! So did you get a time for a oral or will they contact you at a later date?
    Thanks CODave! Negative on the oral time. I'm assuming they'll just contact individuals after the retakes are done in mid July.

So now it's just a waiting game.

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Forum Member

nice job ljm, I took it today as well, got a 4:40. Looks like I'll be waiting for the oral as well. They aren't inviting for interviews until all the PAT's are done so it's going to be a while. On their website it says the oral will be in august.

ljm
    Forum Member

nice job ljm, I took it today as well, got a 4:40. Looks like I'll be waiting for the oral as well. They aren't inviting for interviews until all the PAT's are done so it's going to be a while. On their website it says the oral will be in august.
    Congrats, that's a smoking time!

Forum Member

Hey, I noticed on another thread that you said you were from St.Louis area. Where at? I lived there too for about 11 years, and still go back quite a bit to see fam.

Anyways, nice time man! Good luck on the orals.
    Last edited by yjbrody; 06-01-2011 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

Thread Information