Default Gryphon oil fields UK

Hello, is anyone gone through or is going through the process with Gryphon oil fields in the UK.....? Curious cause not sure if its legit.. Not askin for any money or anything, just makin sure im not gonna get hosed.. So far its a little different process than the WSI contract was.. Anyone have any input....?

Forum Member

I thought they train there workers to fight fires on the Rigs. But see what they say, good luck man.

Forum Member

Default Pretty sure it is a scam

Went ahead and applied, before I knew anything about salaries, etc. Then they sent me back a "job offer", in their terms a soft contract. 9500 pounds British Sterling per month was the offer. That was after the original dcumentation said 8500-9000 pounds for a salary range. That's about 14-15K per month. Now that sounds pretty juicy, so what is the catch. Well, try to look up Gryphon Oilfields and Logistics, or any of several variations there on, and you comne up with a blank. They also want you to contact an "immigration and work permit" attorney in London, because you have to make the arrangements for your work permit and visa. They offfer lots of perks in the contract - housing, car, cell phone, a 40 hour week. (For 15K/month - 40 hour week, got to be kidding) On top of that, their spelling and grammer in their "contract" is worse than mine, and I will admit I don't type all that well, but for a professional company to use grammer like that is atrocious.

Finally, I wsa able to contact a group in Wales that tracks some of these scams, and based on the headers of the email (oh, yeah, that's another one, check out the emails for both the company and the lawyer), and they said this was a scam out of Nigeria. I have gotten several repeat emails from "Gryphon", each with the same poor grammer, each asking me to contact the attorney, telling me to ignore what people say. AND they still don't exist on the internet. Everything about it says SCAM!

MembersZone Subscriber

Those Nigerians are getting clever....Fire Jobs hmmm. Glad you found out before anything major happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cdusha View Post
    Went ahead and applied, before I knew anything about salaries, etc. Then they sent me back a "job offer", in their terms a soft contract. 9500 pounds British Sterling per month was the offer. That was after the original dcumentation said 8500-9000 pounds for a salary range. That's about 14-15K per month. Now that sounds pretty juicy, so what is the catch. Well, try to look up Gryphon Oilfields and Logistics, or any of several variations there on, and you comne up with a blank. They also want you to contact an "immigration and work permit" attorney in London, because you have to make the arrangements for your work permit and visa. They offfer lots of perks in the contract - housing, car, cell phone, a 40 hour week. (For 15K/month - 40 hour week, got to be kidding) On top of that, their spelling and grammer in their "contract" is worse than mine, and I will admit I don't type all that well, but for a professional company to use grammer like that is atrocious.

Finally, I wsa able to contact a group in Wales that tracks some of these scams, and based on the headers of the email (oh, yeah, that's another one, check out the emails for both the company and the lawyer), and they said this was a scam out of Nigeria. I have gotten several repeat emails from "Gryphon", each with the same poor grammer, each asking me to contact the attorney, telling me to ignore what people say. AND they still don't exist on the internet. Everything about it says SCAM!

Forum Member

Glad you uncovered their nefarious plot....lol...

Seriously though, what SHOULD have been the very first set off was the "wages"......

A British pound is well over $2.00 U.S........have you EVER heard of anyone paying that much in $U.S A MONTH?...for ANYTHING?...lol

International curency rates fluctuate massively but the Pound Sterling still seems to stay pretty sound....

Also, For an American to live/work in the UK is a MAJOR hard case.....lots of prolonged legal stuff for immigration/work visas......and gotta remember the UK has LOTS of qualified folks themselves.....they RARELY look for "overseas" help....

Even for "Commonwealth" Countries...like Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.....it's hard to get employment over there....BUT much easier than for Americans....just a fall back to the fact that they were British Countries and still recognize the Queen I guess......

Good detective work though!....
    Last edited by Northern Lights FF; 06-11-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Default exchange

The British pound hasn't been over $2 since 1981. It hasn't been very close to that figure since.

Forum Member

Well, I guess I was wrong about the exchange rates.......however, a Brit Pound is still $1.67 US...

My point still stands.......no one would pay that much for anything.......and what I said about the British NOT being to welcoming for employment immigration still holds true.........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdusha View Post

Grypon is your FIRST clue. Grip on YOUR money. Based in Afrika I'll bet. T.C.

Thread Information