Forum Member

Default Need opinions on "GLOBE" Boots

My department will soon be getting new Globe turnout gear thanks to the resource grant that we've been approved for. With that, we have made a decision for everything else that we've sampled. The one debate that we have though is the boot category, everyone loves the Globe boot, comfort was great and almost felt like wearing a tennis shoe. After speaking to a lot of people in our surrounding county, we've been hearing mixed reviews. Does anyone have an opinion for this boot, or any recommendations of any other boot. Thx guys!

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Forum Member

The Cosmas Vulcan or Titan Fire Boots are worth a look at.....

Just another option.....NO they are not American made, BUT, they are VERY comfortable and resiliant...pretty comparable in pricing to the others (standard leather fire boots)...but seem to offer some good features...

Forum Member

Talking

you can buy the American made Globe boots handcrafted in Lewiston Maine by American workers :::
    or chinese made copies.

We've had zero problems with the Globe boots.

All depends on who you want to spend your money with.

Forum Member

Globe boots are the Sh@t!!!

Forum Member

You know, it;s funny........

Here we are a bunch of hard working firefighters...worrying about "buying American" yet the GOVERNEMENT could care less......they are literally handing out BILLIONS of dollars to all these third world armpit countries....

So really, is your $300 - $400 dollars going to make a plug difference in the long run?.....

Can YOU afford to spend $ 100 more than you need to for boots simply cause their made in the USA?......whats more important to YOU all?.....giving the extra money to a Corperation OR keeping the extra money in YOUR pocket for YOUR family?.......

Listen, your damb feet don;t care if the boots are made in the USA or not..if they save YOU money ( and therefore YOUR FAMILY) then as I see it.....THAT is supporting the people that need to be supported........

and besides..Cosmas Boots AREN'T made in China.......designed in Italy and made in Romania or something....

They just got a 5 year contract for Houston FD.......AND they have a subsidiary in Hampton , NH....and a distributing center near Chicago....They are putting Jobs in place for Americans too......

Seriously, If your so worried about buying American.Than I guess EVERY Walmart and Dollar store in the Country should be totally boycotted too right?...cause everything they sell IS made in China......

for what its worth, I like the Globe's too....even if they remind me of over stuffed moon boots the kids used to wear ages ago.......lol...
    Last edited by Northern Lights FF; 05-28-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Forum Member

I have 3 pairs of Globe boots. A pair of structural boots at work and at the vollie house and a pair of their tech rescue boots.

LOVE the things. Wouldn't trade em for anything. After letting other guys try them on, I have convinced quite a few people to buy their next pair from Globe. The composite toe/shank is awesome for those long winter fires. Your feet will stay toasty and warm.

Their customer service is second to none. I had a defect in the protective toe (not steel) and they sent me a brand new pair.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Seriously, If your so worried about buying American.Than I guess EVERY Walmart and Dollar store in the Country should be totally boycotted too right?...cause everything they sell IS made in China.....
    Walmart sucks @$$.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Walmart sucks @$$.
    LMAO..too true......

Unfortunately it seems like the vast majority seem to shop there alot.... I guess that was my point.....

Forum Member

Two wrongs dont make a right
    ?

Forum Member

Getting them on a grant, right? So money is in hand or at least promised and ready to go? Then don't try to save a buck on knockoff boots. The Globe Structural boots are absolutely THE most comfortable footwear you will ever put on. Beats high-dollar tennis shoes all to heck. Spend the money, buy the Globe boots. You won't regret it.

Forum Member

I have Globe boots in my gear at work and also wear a pair of the tech rescue boots daily as duty boots. I love both pair and wouldn't trade them for anything.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

I don't like the glued soles..I wear a pair of Pro warringtons..tough before They got wore in but are awesome now. They kept my feet warm in a blizzard,and they look more agressive.

It's what you want though..apples to oranges, chevy to ford.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I don't like the glued soles..I wear a pair of Pro warringtons..tough before They got wore in but are awesome now. They kept my feet warm in a blizzard,and they look more agressive.

It's what you want though..apples to oranges, chevy to ford.
    That was one of the questions that we had about the boots, do the glued soles on the Globes last compared to stitched type fire boots from other companies?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xchief23 View Post
    Getting them on a grant, right? So money is in hand or at least promised and ready to go? Then don't try to save a buck on knockoff boots. The Globe Structural boots are absolutely THE most comfortable footwear you will ever put on. Beats high-dollar tennis shoes all to heck. Spend the money, buy the Globe boots. You won't regret it.

Yes, with that grant we really don't want to hold back at all, it's there and ready to go. Instantly, all of our guys immediately wanted to Globes because of the comfort level. Comfort can go a long way, we just wanted to know if they last, especially with glued soles. By the looks of the response, it seems they should work out fine. They are the priciest of the all the boots, but because our grant has a max, the salesman knows that we cannot alter the grant request so he will make it within the range somehow.

MembersZone Subscriber

As a firefighter that has been having foot problems i loved my Globe uniform boots, but my doctor didnt think they were giving my feet enough support. But other than that I had zero problems with there boots! I have friends that have went and got a pair, and have had no complaints.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights FF View Post
    You know, it;s funny........

Here we are a bunch of hard working firefighters...worrying about "buying American" yet the GOVERNEMENT could care less......they are literally handing out BILLIONS of dollars to all these third world armpit countries....

So really, is your $300 - $400 dollars going to make a plug difference in the long run?.....

Can YOU afford to spend $ 100 more than you need to for boots simply cause their made in the USA?......whats more important to YOU all?.....giving the extra money to a Corperation OR keeping the extra money in YOUR pocket for YOUR family?.......

Listen, your damb feet don;t care if the boots are made in the USA or not..if they save YOU money ( and therefore YOUR FAMILY) then as I see it.....THAT is supporting the people that need to be supported........

and besides..Cosmas Boots AREN'T made in China.......designed in Italy and made in Romania or something....

They just got a 5 year contract for Houston FD.......AND they have a subsidiary in Hampton , NH....and a distributing center near Chicago....They are putting Jobs in place for Americans too......

Seriously, If your so worried about buying American.Than I guess EVERY Walmart and Dollar store in the Country should be totally boycotted too right?...cause everything they sell IS made in China......

for what its worth, I like the Globe's too....even if they remind me of over stuffed moon boots the kids used to wear ages ago.......lol...

I for one have never spent a single dime at walmart because of their corporate policies and imported crap.

I will pay more for an item that is made in the USA versus in southeast asia.
    It's not always possible , but generally you can still do it.

Yes it does make a difference if we spend our dollars with American owned companies and American made products. Those jobs are keeping manufacturing here at home where it provides jobs here.
    Cosmo's are made overseas and shipped here. They of course have a sales staff here and warehouse minimum wage employees here , but the profits go back overseas.

If you need a product shop around and find one made in the USA, the job you save might just trickle down to saving yours.
    If all the American manufacturers close their doors , there goes the tax base that allows cities & towns to hire police and Firefighters along with other government jobs.

Forum Member

Any decent leather boot will be the POS rubber boots we've been wearing so changing from rubbers to any particular leather boot and then claiming it's the best/only thing in the world is just ignorant.

Thorogood makes most of their leather boots in the US. As does Warrington. I think there are others. Thorogood has one pair of leathers made overseas. Great boot with LOTS of features can't get elsewhere for the money (just over $200).

Globe does NOT have steel shank. It's lensing (plastic/fiber composite). Same for the toe. I wouldn't wear a combat boot that didn't have steel and I wouldn't buy/wear a fire boot that didn't. Any plastic starts degrading as soon as it leaves the mold. Steel will be as strong 5yr from now as today.

Globe boots can not be resoled as the sole is glue on (like a $20 or $200 tennis shoe). When start wearing the edges of your $300 boots off and they are not safe to be wearing are you going to throw them away? No BS. The answer is no, you'll keep wearing them.

Yes, a real pair of leather boots you have to wear and break in to FIT your feet. Same as a hiking/hunting/work/combat boots. You wear big boy pants now you can handle breaking in your boots.

Or just go with the tennis shoe plan. I guess you see people wearing them to a job interview, to funerals or their weddings. Doesn't mean it's appropriate for the environment.

Forum Member

We've had Globe for quite awhile now. They are OUTPERFORMING the Pro's and the thorogoods in comfort AND wear. So if you really think that STEEL shank is that much better,buy it but the simple truth is that the Composite materials are eclipsing metals in EVERYTHING we do. Beauty part is,this is America where you have choices. For THIS dept and it's 65 members, that choice is Globe. T.C.

Forum Member

Globe PPE is the choice provider for DCFD. Our safety committee has tested almost every other brand out there and Globe was the victor. We issue Globe boots, or Pro's, to our members pending on inventory or personal decision. Many guys still wear the Pro's however the Globe boots have a very loyal following as well. They are durable and besides for one pair that had a hole burnt in the side of them I haven't seen any major issues. We put them to the test here and they hold up.

Forum Member

I have a pair of the Pro Warringtons I wear at the Fire Academy and the Globes I wear at the firehouse. The Warringtons shrink after getting wet (and they do get wet at the Academy) and it is a struggle to get them on and "restretch" them.

The Globes feel like my favorite pair of Reeboks.
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 05-30-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

i have a pair of the Globe Technical Rescue boots. I have no complaints at all. I love them. We had to run 2 miles in the academy the other day because someone didnt pull out the hooks on the roof ladder and it crashed to the ground. i must say i was probably one of the only ones not b*tching about my feet at the end of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

You mean someone other than Globe makes boots for the fire service, Why? They are the best boots hands down, no ifs ands or buts!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

FACT or Speculation? hehe T.C.

Forum Member

Going with the Globe boots. Everyone getting fitted today and tomorrow, thx for the help guys!

Thread Information