Forum Member

Default Life safety harness question

Up until a recent event I never thought about a life safety/escape harness. Long story short, I changed my mind REAL quick and was able to get my hands on a used one in great condition. This is the exact belt I have.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.cfm?pID=4059

My question is, my gear does not the belt loop lockers to hold the belt in place, is there anyway I can still use this belt or will it not work until I get new gear with these loops? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Maybe you could try some FR heavy duty velcro loops around the belt portion and through the take up straps on your bunker pants?.......

as for the leg strap retainers...pretty much need to send your gear to a cleaning and repair place and have them put on a proper set of "keepers" ...

Forum Member

Any clue on how much it would cost me to get the proper "keepers" on the gear? Even a rough estimate would work.

Forum Member

I looked around at various gear manufacturers..it seems like to have them on your gear as an option ( new gear) it;s around $40 - $50........thats belt loops as well as the leg keepers....also, does your new belt open to the same side or opposite as your bunker pants?....really doesn;t matter except for donning it might make it slower if it's opposite.....

maybe around the same for add ons..not really sure.....maybe try and find out where your Dept. gets it;s gear cleaned and inspected / repaired and give them a call....

Only draw back to that is that you would be without your gear for at least a couple of days...

when was the last time your gear was inspected / cleaned?....if it is due for it, it would do double benifit....

cheers and good luck with it..

Forum Member

Harness opens the same way my gear does so it works out perfect thank god. It's about time for my gear to be sent out and cleaned so I will definitely check into having the loops added on. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information