Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Cal Fire FF2/Paramedic

Interview examinations are coming up and I was wondering if any of the Cal Fire people out there can shed some light on what to expect.. Unfortunately for me, my cal fire contacts are all seasonals and have no idea of what to expect for the ff2 interviews. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Where are you taking yours?

There will be this first interview and then the individual units will be giving their own interviews.

Forum Member

in riverside

ATL
    Forum Member

I called up north to the cafire HR office. According to the recruiter, they are not hiring now due to the current hiring freeze. They are just creating a list. Kinda makes you wonder if it's worth the time and money. I'm coming from outta state(Ga). No one can give a clear answer on the pay. Minus the planned OT every month they start @ 3k pm. That sucks! I could not make it out here with that pay let alone in expensive as Cali. Anyone on here work for calfire as a FFII/PM?

Who ever told you that they won't be doing any hiring off this list is wrong. Just talked to 2 firefighters who got hired off the last list two months ago. Riverside is hurting for medics. Engineer/medic list is out right now so that should make some movement. You would make over 3k as a FFII/Medic. If the pay sucks then stay in GA, there are plenty of guy that will take the job with a smile.

ATL
    Forum Member

First due I don't like your MF attitude! U can go stick your head in a blender for all I care. For your information firefighters don't know what they are talking about. I spoke to Anna parez who is the statewide recruiter for this job. She is based in Sacramento. She told me due to the current state freeze -even an punk *** idiot like yourself can go online and check-they are only creating a list. Your firefighter friends are wrong. This has nothing to do with whoever was hired 2 mo's ago. I'm talking about now. U must b one of those guys that believe everything u hear from someone who is not even involved in the hiring process. Get your facts right! Now on the other side of things I expressed my concern about pay because I wanted to know what the final pay is. U can eat one my friend. Do me a favor and jump off a cliff rescue Ricky!

Forum Member

Woah! Calm down now, breath! I tend to believe firstdue, only because I have a friend that has an interview with CalFire on Monday and I dont see why they would do interviews just to create a list? And thats not a hearing from a friend of a friend.

ATL
    Forum Member

Kbuilt I only responded like that because Rescue Ricky told me to stay in GA. I don't like smart-know it all cats like him. Let me say I also have an interview on Tues. I thought the same thing. Why are they interviewing only not to hire. Once again I spoke with CALFIRE HR in Sac. today. I was told they are not hiring right now and do not have a time frame when they will be hiring. They are only creating a list. now with that said I am sure they will hire one day. Just not now. I was only creating a conversation. That's all. Would you believe people who work in the field, or HR? As far as the pay I just want someone who actually works there to tell me more about the pay. How much would one make with planned overtime?
    Last edited by Quincmac1@yahoo.com; 06-03-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks firstdue

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post
    First due I don't like your MF attitude! U can go stick your head in a blender for all I care. For your information firefighters don't know what they are talking about. I spoke to Anna parez who is the statewide recruiter for this job. She is based in Sacramento. She told me due to the current state freeze -even an punk *** idiot like yourself can go online and check-they are only creating a list. Your firefighter friends are wrong. This has nothing to do with whoever was hired 2 mo's ago. I'm talking about now. U must b one of those guys that believe everything u hear from someone who is not even involved in the hiring process. Get your facts right! Now on the other side of things I expressed my concern about pay because I wanted to know what the final pay is. U can eat one my friend. Do me a favor and jump off a cliff rescue Ricky!
    Thats weird, I have an interview on tueday!!!!!!

Take it easy buddy. Believe what you want it doesn't make any difference to me. Talked to the hiring coordinator for medics in riverside and monterey face to face (and they are not firefighters). I am going to take it that they are somewhat involved in the process.
    Last edited by FirstDue52; 06-06-2011 at 05:23 PM.

ATL
    Forum Member

Ok my friend. I'll b the first 2 apologize. I hope they are hiring cuzz thats why I'm on the plane right now! (airtran wifii). Well Thanks. Any insight on the process after your second interview with the unit? I know nothing about the process. How long is the academy? Any tips on the interview?

I now understand what you were saying about making a list. CAL-FIRE/CDF has never hired directly from a test (academy of blank # of candidates to the academy). The old hiring practice was a supplemental where you received a ranking (1-11) with multiple people in each rank. They could hire anyone from the first three ranks and when the first rank was absorbed they could move to rank 4 and so on. Through the supplemental process there were no interviews conducted for hiring firefighters or even firefighter/medics. This current process is brand new to CAL-FIRE so everyone is a little confused. My interpretation is they will have the beginning interview which occurred this week and then the individual units will have their separate interview for candidates they want to hire in their unit (as long as you scored high enough off the first interview). I have talked to firefighters up to deputy chiefs and everyone seems confused about this new process. Good Luck

Thread Information